I thought it was funny that it was mentioned that Red Dawn was considered the most violent movie every made when they also write about Robocop in the same article. :p I re-watched Red Dawn a few weeks ago in fact. Pretty tame by today's standards.

The people who keep track of such things are Communists. They did not care for the anti-Communist message of that movie.

That's not how I remember it...

really? Uhm, the usual suspects, courage under fire (blegh) an episode of star trek: TNG and x-files... and that's just off the top of my head. The same story viewed through multiple conflicting points of view is a pretty common concept now.

really? Uhm, the usual suspects, courage under fire (blegh) an episode of star trek: TNG and x-files... and that's just off the top of my head. The same story viewed through multiple conflicting points of view is a pretty common concept now.

Oh man....you totally missed that one, didnt you?

Next up on the chopping block. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080925g.php

Remakes of remakes, FFS. Its like Chinese Whispers, I guess eventually the remakes of remakes of remakes will be so different from the original that they will seem totally unconnected.

Taksraven

I have a feeling Red Dawn is going to be about that big country in Asia ^_^ , and perhaps some middle eastern bloc countries thrown in the mix (like Cuba in the original).

Given the extreme xenophobia in the US right now perpetuated by those racists at CNN (yea you know who), I can see how revisiting the Red Dawn concept can be lucrative. I can see it now, some idiotic plot (like that other retarded movie "Stealth") involving a combined Mexican/Chinese/Arab assault lol. It will probably win like 50 oscars.

Edited by Ghost Train

Blade Runner 2???

From the updated article:

Eagle Eye co-writer John Glenn responded via email to this. Here's part of what he said: "There was a point where Travis and I were working with Bud Yorkin on a sequel to Blade Runner, but that was years back. It never got too far off the ground because the movie is so perfect, so the more we thought about it, the more uneasy we became with the idea. Anyway, just an note to clear the air." More over at Slashfilm.

So hooray for somebody in Hollywood having a clue.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this one is a TV remake, not a film remake, but it rates a mention.

Prepare for a remake of V. Here is a synopsis of what they have planned:

Much like the '80s version, the show will open with an enormous army of spaceships hovering over the world's major cities.

The human-like Visitors' (who're actually reptilian underneath) say they've come to help Earth, but their motives are nefarious.

The new "V" will center on Erica Evans, a Homeland Security agent with an aimless son who's got problems. When the aliens arrive, her son gloms on to them -- causing tension within the family.

As in the original however several storylines will unfold simultaneously.

Sounds GREAT doesn't it. I bet the tension in the family will all have us glued to our screens. I hope that the quality of this remake can match the quality of the recent Flash Gordon remake from the Sci-Fi channel.

Can't wait.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

The difference is that the Sci-Fi Channel rarely does anything well. Even when they have a sure thing, they can't stand it and tinker around with it until it doesn't work any more.

I used to work for a company like that.....

Has the new Friday the 13th remake been mentioned?

It's a remake because it's not going to be another instalment, but an origins flick which basically takes parts 1 through 3 and bundles them together, supposedly giving a sympathetic portrayal of Jason. It actuallys sounds quite interesting.

Pete

It looks like we won't be seeing a He-Man movie any time soon. Now we will never get to see a realistic depiction of Teela*

*Thanks to EXO for that one

I don't think that there will be too many people upset about that one.

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like the urban classic The Last Dragon is getting a remake. Well i love the original and thought i was a great work of campy genius but i don't know if it needs to be touched again. Many will say yes since it was cheaply made to begin with, but still just leave it be. I like my Sho Nuff the way he is though hearing Sam Jackson is tackiling the role in the new version makes me happy as he is my all time favorite actor it still doesn't mean it needs to be done.

Well it looks like the urban classic The Last Dragon is getting a remake. Well i love the original and thought i was a great work of campy genius but i don't know if it needs to be touched again. Many will say yes since it was cheaply made to begin with, but still just leave it be. I like my Sho Nuff the way he is though hearing Sam Jackson is tackiling the role in the new version makes me happy as he is my all time favorite actor it still doesn't mean it needs to be done.

When I heard this on the radio yesterday, I literally laughed and applauded at the same time.

Yes the original is a cheesy cult classic.

But c'mon!! It's Sam MuthaF'n' Jackson playing Sho Nuff!! :D

YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE, AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!! NOW WHEN I SAY, "WHO'S THE MASTER?", YOU SAY...

"SHO NUFF!!"

:lol:

Edited by Mog