the most iconic thing about robocop is that he's super slow, bulky and moves like Mr.Roboto.

How do you upgrade that using today's technology? if you just repeat his look and capabilities, then why did you make a remake in the first place? on the other hand, if you speed him up and make him leaner (to match the capabilities of today's technology), he wouldn't be robocop, he would be an anime character (bubblegum crisis anyone?).

So where will they go with this, i wonder?

DEMOLITION MAN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p no, i'm just dreaming, would be cool though. Find a way to clone/rebuild Simon, Wesley would earn a sh^t load and pay back some of his tax lol, Stallone would be in it for sure.

Thoughts? I'd love to see them do battle again. Gotta get the dvd, haven't watched it in a while.....

:p no, i'm just dreaming, would be cool though. Find a way to clone/rebuild Simon, Wesley would earn a sh^t load and pay back some of his tax lol, Stallone would be in it for sure.

Thoughts? I'd love to see them do battle again. Gotta get the dvd, haven't watched it in a while.....

Gotta wait at least a couple of years until Snipes gets out of jail :unsure:

Edited by Bowen

Original Robocop was near perfect IMO. No need for a remake. Remake the sequels if you want, they were crap IMO, but leave the original alone.

Same with the first Highlander, it was perfect. The sequels were all complete and utter dross, but the original Highlander is a fantastic film. No need to remake it IMO.

Red Dawn.......hmm, so is the remake still going to be set in the 80s'? Not sure how this would work and not sure it really needs to be remade.

Next, they'll be talking about remaking Alien and Aliens!

Graham

I hope they never try to do a remake of Alien or Aliens. That would truly be a dark day in history!!!

Tell you what, instead of Demolition Man 2, why don't they film a version of THE DEMOLISHED MAN instead. There are thousands of good SF books and short stories out there that could be easily filmed now thanks to CGI. I would love to see more NEW film adaptations of OLD books and stuff that previously had been considered to be unfilmable.

I am hoping that Watchmen, even though the source is a comic, will be a good example of this.

Taksraven

Would be kinda hard to call it "Red Dawn" if the bad guys aren't "red", LOL.

EPIC LULZ!!!!! :lol:

Anyways....I myself don't think that Robocop needs a remake. Its fine as it was. One of the characters I liked in that movie was the one who played Clarence Boddicker. I was like ZOMGBBQ when I saw him a few years later in That 70's Show. :lol:

BTW...

<<<===Original Robocop Trailer WITH Terminator Theme playing in the background. :lol: Edited by grss1982

That's f***ing BLASPHEMY!!!! Okay i really need to finish film school so that these pricks learn how to make origianl new movies again. Although I am looking forward to Robocop only because Darren Aronofsky is directing and I have confidence in his skills and story telling. Requim for a Dream and the Fountain are some of my absolute favorites. Plus he was on tap to reboot Batman before Chris Nolan but Warner Brothers said his script was too violent and dark for what they were looking for.

It is clear that insanity is truly overtaking Hollywood on a daily basis.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080518i.php

Put simply: YOU COULD NOT MAKE ROBOCOP ANY BETTER*

I am not saying that the movie is absolutely perfect, but it is excellent, a lot of fun and just great. I couldn't care less about Red Dawn, I always thought that was crappy propaganda. But HANDS OFF ROBOCOP!!

Taksraven

* Ok, I will admit that there is one bad FX shot in Robocop and thats right at the end when Dick Jones is blasted out of the window and it switches to a crappy claymation shot of him falling to the ground. Yes, I would use CGI to fix up that shot. But thats just ONE shot in a relatively low budget film that needs work.

I just hope it all goes to the trash can before filming like it happened to the Evil Dead remake... :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

WHY would anyone even think of remaking the RHPS when it's not only a beloved film but one of the few that has reached such a level of cult status that people regularly dress up like the characters and attend interactive screenings of it, and not just on Halloween but YEAR-ROUND! Would any of those people think that it should be remade? Would any of them even want to see it? "I worship RHPS like it's a god, but sure, I'll take a new one."

But why not, huh? Let Hollywood go nuts. Society in general seems to be devolved enough now to accept it all with wide eyes and a buttery smile. I bet they could remake Titanic every year and it would beat everything else out that year. I bet they could actually just put out the same Titanic every year but with new actors plugged in every time and people would LOVE it.

WHY would anyone even think of remaking the RHPS when it's not only a beloved film but one of the few that has reached such a level of cult status that people regularly dress up like the characters and attend interactive screenings of it, and not just on Halloween but YEAR-ROUND! Would any of those people think that it should be remade? Would any of them even want to see it? "I worship RHPS like it's a god, but sure, I'll take a new one."

money.......money.......money.......money.......money.........money..........money.........MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Best thing about remakes it that you can ignore them ;) Can't really name any good ones except Batman. 2008 has been terrible sofar as Hollywood movies go. I can count the movies I like on one hand: Cloverfield, Speedracer, Iron man and the Dark night, thats quite poor.

That's f***ing BLASPHEMY!!!! Okay i really need to finish film school so that these pricks learn how to make origianl new movies again. Although I am looking forward to Robocop only because Darren Aronofsky is directing and I have confidence in his skills and story telling. Requim for a Dream and the Fountain are some of my absolute favorites. Plus he was on tap to reboot Batman before Chris Nolan but Warner Brothers said his script was too violent and dark for what they were looking for.

I hope you have seen Pi

Rocky Horror Picture Show to be remade: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7558091.stm

Maybe if they remake it, they will do a good job... I think the original is lame. Maybe someone elses version will make the thing entertaining. I just don't get it.

OMG OMG OMG!!! He's back!!!lol

Yep.. I can't stay away man... I love Macross, and the MW community too much. I had to do a great deal of apologizing which as you may know isn't my dish of tea. But I was a huge pain for the mods back in the day and they let a ton of things go, so I had it comin for a while.

I was going to write: Oh my god, is that really you!

But then I realized you would mistake my turn of a phrase as a tribute to you...

Good to have you back!

HAHA, nice.

You are right, I would have said that.

I have to encourage everyone to stay on topic though.. Otherwise, there is going to be like 10 "hey its Agent ONE!" threads.

HAHA, nice.

You are right, I would have said that.

I have to encourage everyone to stay on topic though.. Otherwise, there is going to be like 10 "hey its Agent ONE!" threads.

BY CROM!! its Agent One!

ok back on topic boo remakes..no conan remake please but a new conan story based on one of REJ's books would be good if it stuck to the material...too bad basil polidorious is dead though

Edited by SpacePirateNeko

BY CROM!! its Agent One!

ok back on topic boo remakes..no conan remake please but a new conan story based on one of REJ's books would be good if it stuck to the material...too bad basil polidorious is dead though

I actually wouldn't mind a Conan remake if they take it seriously.. Like Batman or 007

They need to look at some other science fiction books and make new movies. I for one would love to see Ender's Game made into a movie.

Also how would you make a Red Dawn re-make, maybe this time it would be the Canadians and the Chinese that invade us? :rolleyes:

Edited by McHenry

They need to look at some other science fiction books and make new movies. I for one would love to see Ender's Game made into a movie.

How about this...instead of remaking other movies, or adapting existing books, Hollywood ACTUALLY COMES UP WITH SOMETHING NEW? And (just maybe) something GOOD?

I know, I know...just a silly dreamer am I...

Well Ender's Game is coming as a Marvel Comic series (with quite decent looking artwork), so may be it's a first step toward Hollywood.