1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Lead? Now you guys tell me. I especially like the flavor of the yellow paint chips off of my Yamato toys. The only worse news than this would be to learn the gumi-candy pilots that come with the 1/48 scale Hikaru -1S are bad for you.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Lead? Now you guys tell me. I especially like the flavor of the yellow paint chips off of my Yamato toys. The only worse news than this would be to learn the gumi-candy pilots that come with the 1/48 scale Hikaru -1S are bad for you.

Don't worry. Lead can be neutralized with alcohol. As long as you drink hard and often, you're home and dry - that also explains the high price-point and the frequent reissues of the Focker.

But don't ask me how, I'm not a chemist... it's like what people do with Jelly fish stings/wounds - you pee on it. The treatment process is just more fun with lead poisoning.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Don't worry. Lead can be neutralized with alcohol. As long as you drink hard and often, you're home and dry - that also explains the high price-point and the frequent reissues of the Focker.

But don't ask me how, I'm not a chemist... it's like what people do with Jelly fish stings/wounds - you pee on it. The treatment process is just more fun with lead poisoning.

Whew! That's a relief. For the high prices these things are going to go for on ebay, I hope the weathering tastes good, too.

Yeah mangs! I start to see myself having a tough time keeping up with the Jones! 1/48 craze, now the 1/60. I was thinking about completing my 1/48 (minus that credit card black valkyrie)...but damn, out of the blue comes the 1/60s and a weathered 1/48.

Those GX Bandai toys are looking pretty awesome too...13, 31, 34, 36, 38, 39 and 40. Gotta sell other 1/48s.

I'm thinking about just keeping the VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1J....ah freek my mind is going nuts.

I guess if I can only have one 1/48...it'll be the VF-1S Hikaru with the stealth armor...it's as close as i'll get to a 1/55 bandai strike valkyrie that i use to see on that box artwork back in the 1990s.

I just hope that Yamato does not decide to re-release the 1/48s in weathered version. I've been looking around, and if April 1st is a real date for ordering these weathered 1/48s...then I'll go for it. The second I sniff that a weathered 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru...then I'm selling all my shizznit.

Yamato's business practice is almost like Apple...Don't let the fans/public know until it's time...keep 'em in suspense and shove whatever in their pockets, and fans will sure to buy no matter what.

To all those considering selling off some of their collection in order to buy other cool stuff...

my advise: DON'T!

A little about my own experience in this regard:

I have gone through the pain of losing a really good collection twice; and let me tell you - what really sucks is that eventually, after you've sold of X in order to buy Y, then Z will come along and then you will not afford Z because guess what you'll be doing? Trying to buy back X (under the impression that well, gee, now that you got Y, you kind of miss X and would like to get another)... but Z looks so tempting... what to do? The obvious sacrifice becomes...Y! Why? Well because you satisfied your craving for Y, and the marginal craving for X is rising due to nostalgia, all the while the craving for Z persists because it is the "new Y" - the new kid on the block.

Under this scenario - you will be constantly unhappy - you will either regret selling X, or be forced to sell Y (for which you gave up X) in order to get Z, and find yourself in a cycle of pain and self-resentment when Z(1) comes along...

As hard as it might be - exercise patience.

Your cash flow will eventually rebound. Do not start selling off your collections in a paniced attempt to secure funds for the latest "cool thing" - and by this term I do not mean "worthless fad" - obviously collectables are now made with such quality that even many items which were released years ago are still high-quality top notch merchandise.

But the point here is that once you sell of a piece of your collection for another piece - you are starting to use your collection as a credit card line.

Now - it might just be that there are things in your collection which you deem SUCK. Sell those.

But vow to yourself that you won't be trying to buy them back later - and be honest with yourself about it.

For me - these elements in my collection that SUCKED were all my Armada-Energon-Cybertron toys. I didn't care about the characters, and they weren't as pretty as say... the 1/48 VF-1S. So while I kept my G1, my BW II and Neo - I ditched the Armada-Energon-Cybertron and am presently extremely hesitant about getting Amimated, and don't really care even for Classics.

Furthermore - I KNOW that I will NOT be scouring ebay for a MISB Energon Rodimus or Snowflake (or whatever that dude's name was).

There are many other items I would love to get my hands on.

Don't sell your 1/48s. They are truly stupendous pieces of engineering; great models - and no matter how great the 1/60s end up being - I GUARANTEE YOU THAT IN SOME WAY THEY WILL BE LESS DESIRABLE THAN THE 1/48s.

There will be something you MISS about the 1/48 that the 1/60 won't have.

I myself will most likely pick up 1/60 Max, Miria and two-seeters. The former because I don't have the 1/48 versions and they seem very hard to acquire, the latter because they are not made in 1/48 scale.

But I am not going to sell off the jems of my collection to do it.

If this means I have to wait a bit - hell - even if it means the price on some item goes a bit up - FINE.

waiting is better tan regretting.

Better to suffer now and be happy later.

Don't be happy now and suffer later.

VFTF1

The chaos begins!!!!

Yamaoto's site is running slow no order page is coming up!

Keep getting this error (Nao consegui conectar ao PostGres -->)

Online shop OVERLOAD!!!!!!

23 min past order start still can't get it!

31 min past order start still can't get it!

April fools does not exist in Japan so this can't be a joke.

Edited by SaveRobotech

So much for trying to get more than one.

一度に注文できる個数は、1 個までです。

This is a paint in the @$$, now I have to make an account.

Just a Reminder I've not promised anybody out of all the pms that they will get one.

Edited by SaveRobotech

The Yamaoto site is very slow, can't even get the on-line page up. Very clever Yamato....

Edited by Mowe

So much for trying to get more than one.

一度に注文できる個数は、1 個までです。

This is a paint in the @$$, now I have to make an account.

Just a Reminder I've not promised anybody out of all the pms that they will get one.

No prob SR. The fact that you are trying hard is already appreciated. When and if you get one for us, that will be a different story. I'd like to thank you in advance for what you are doing on behalf of us MWers.

I don't think I'm getting one. I got a classic evasive answer from my friend which I used my japanese to english translator to mean: no, I can't believe you even asked.

good luck to all who are in the hunt still!

Damn...your friend said no and told you that he can't believe you even asked.. damn..

Cross your fingers. With the help of my japanese airsoft friend, I was able to use his gf's home address and info. She goes back to japan for her sister's wedding, in May. So here's hopping everything went smoothly.

Due to the fact that the Yamato online shopping server was bombarded It took 1.5 hours for me to get thru. So I sent my friend and his gf home early and continued to try to get thru. finally I got thru and utilizing my kindergarten japanese proficiency and conversing with my friend over the phone I was able to enter in all of his gf's info. the weird part was that I clicked on the selection for credit card ppayment but it never asked for a credit card number. According to my friend, Yamato will confirm the order on their end and if they have the product available, they will send an email asking for payment/credit card info. weird.

But here's hoping I did everything correctly while ordering.

Damn...your friend said no and told you that he can't believe you even asked.. damn..

he actually did try for me, it turns out. He called me a little while ago with the bad news. Sold out. He didn't believe me when I told him there would be a lot of demand for this. As I said earlier, he's not an anime guy.

Well so far so good for me. My friend called me a little while ago to let me know his gf got the confirmation email. It said that they will send a second email out when it is ready to ship. Then they will ask for payment info (credit card info etc) So it looks like i may have gotten my first 1/48 Fokker as a weathered one. lets keep thinking good thoughts shall we?

I think I got one.

商品名   :1/48完全変形版VF-1S ウェザリング 特別仕様

(この商品は予約商品です)

価格    :18,690 円

個数    :1 個

--------------------------------------

小計金額  :18,690 円

======================================

送料:735 円

総合計金額 :19,425 円

Google translation:

Product Name: 1 / 48 scale VF-1S special UEZARINGU

(This product is the product reservations.)

Price: 18,690 yen

Qty: 1

--------------------------------------

Subtotal Amount: 18,690 Yen

======================================

Shipping: 735 yen

Overall total amount: 19,425 Yen

Just waiting for the shipping notice/payment request. I owe some very nice friends a very nice dinner.