1/48 Roy Focker Weathering Special

wolfx

Dammnnnnnn!!!

MacrossMan jabs Vegas Valkyrie in the throat with his pointer and middle fingers! Lucky son of biscuit! Congrats my man!!!!

thanks, how about you, did you get yours already? i was reading a thread bout you getting one a couple of weeks ago

thanks, how about you, did you get yours already? i was reading a thread bout you getting one a couple of weeks ago

Nah man, the guy backed out on the deal. I think after he saw the first two go for 550 and 760 he decided against the buy it now deal. This is the guy that sold the first for $360 shipped to the states. When I inquired he told me he had two more. He asked for the $50 deposit then communication ceased. I was trying to secure both; one for me and the other for another member here. How bad did you exploit your wallet if you don't mind us asking? I have a bonus coming in August so I am hoping they will be readily available then and hopefully the demand has somewhat dwindled. Who knows, we may have other cool stuff to grab by then...

B))

OO

Nah man, the guy backed out on the deal. I think after he saw the first two go for 550 and 760 he decided against the buy it now deal. This is the guy that sold the first for $360 shipped to the states. When I inquired he told me he had two more. He asked for the $50 deposit then communication ceased. I was trying to secure both; one for me and the other for another member here. How bad did you exploit your wallet if you don't mind us asking? I have a bonus coming in August so I am hoping they will be readily available then and hopefully the demand has somewhat dwindled. Who knows, we may have other cool stuff to grab by then...

B))

OO

mr. George Bush paid for mine :lol:

You know while I think it is nice and I do like the toy I would only really get it if I was a completist collector and therefore had to have every single valk ever made but alas im not, Maybe if I were rich id spend the 800 on it but even then I would feel ashamed... Just doesnt seem worth it to me.

ok listen Up in 1 hour you can get a weathered VF-1S no kidding trust me :

it is so easy.... SO just for fun you guys will have to translate my technic from french to english :lol:

I have posted my secret on a robotech/macross forum in France

this technic can sound funny but the result is kick assssssssssssss

Below the link to the website : It will cost you less than me doing it for you

The owner is Bastien and he is a great guy !!!

http://www.robotechcollections.fr/forum/vi...83&start=30

====> ok les gars un de mes secrets

voilà le procédé

c'est simple

de la peinture dilué avec du white spirit:

mélange gris gun métal 50 pct + noir 50 pct "petit pot"

pour les lignes noire

On utilise un cure-dent en bois pour l'applique

on trempe le bout dans le mélange et on applique

les lignes vont se remplir automatiquement

on laisse sécher et on enlève l'excédent avec du white spirit sur du sopalin

afin d'avoir les lignes noires et que ça déborde pas

et oui zero risque pour le valk

après à l'aide d'un crayon à papier 2B "foncé"

on repasse sur les lignes qu'on veut marquer en weathering

si le crayon n'est pas bien taillé c'est mieux

il faut que le coup de crayon déborde sur les bords des lignes les gars !!!!!

après avec du sopalin

on frotte dessus

le résultat sera très noir et accentué mais c'est pas fini !!!!

un coton tige est nécessaire

il faut tremper le coton tige dans du white spirit pure

et repasser sur les lignes

le white va diluer le coup de crayon et permettre de dégager une nuance en dégradé ===> à vous de jouer les artistes

un coup de sopalin propre permet de nettoyer rapidement l'excédant de white

le réaction chimique des particules de crayon et du white donne une sorte de peinture qui ne part pas si on passe le doigt

c'est de la magie

Edited by Ghostkiller

did you email the guys from angolz macrossman? what did they told you, the price of preorder will be the right one, or they could change it at the last moment?........please macrossman tellmeeeeee!!!!!!!1

did you email the guys from angolz macrossman? what did they told you, the price of preorder will be the right one, or they could change it at the last moment?........please macrossman tellmeeeeee!!!!!!!1

he's referring to an ebay seller not from angolz

As I said in another post that Yamato have not term this to be limited and they could very well just mass release it later on due to the popularity of it. Low Vis 1 has Limited written on the box, therefore restricting them from a second issue. Weathered VF-1S has just weathering special which does not term it to be limited. It could be very well be true to be release later.

Anyway, I have already bought one from ebay from the person Macrossman refers to but he is still yet to receive his. Still waiting for it. If they mass release it later, bad for me and good for everyone, but I don't mind as may just pick up another one.

thank you my friend vegas valkrie, later, im going to try to get this preorder and i will inform you about every detail .......thanks

The guy that backed out on me said he will have them in September. Wouldn't quote a price though...

:blink:

OO

This guy is telling me now, it is coming out in September when he never stated it in his auction nor stated that he doesn't have it on hand in the first place. Anyway, I am getting him to refund me back the full amount including paypal cost should he pay via credit card.

m66 i have a question for you, where did you get it, and what kind of weathering hve this bird, it is permanent or the kind of the lo vis 1

This guy is telling me now, it is coming out in September when he never stated it in his auction nor stated that he doesn't have it on hand in the first place. Anyway, I am getting him to refund me back the full amount including paypal cost should he pay via credit card.

Get you money and fast! Over-Drive gets tons of product releases direct from Yamato several times a week and Yamato has never (trust me I've asked) in any way shape or form said it will be released in September or any time in the future.

LOL! That doesn't change the fact that the market is FLOODED with the 1/48 Fockers. And they all have a seam on the face right in the middle, weathered or not. :lol:

LMAO very good point, m66 I doubt the 1/48 fokker was the weathering wonderfest edition there are only a few in existence... and they usually go for at least 450 or more.

LMAO very good point, m66 I doubt the 1/48 fokker was the weathering wonderfest edition there are only a few in existence... and they usually go for at least 450 or more.

if he got it at the yamato online store + shipping to the states.....it should be around that price he paid

Get you money and fast! Over-Drive gets tons of product releases direct from Yamato several times a week and Yamato has never (trust me I've asked) in any way shape or form said it will be released in September or any time in the future.

Thanks for letting me know. I don't expect them to release it as well i September unless we hear it from a more realiable source.

Working on a refund at the moment. He said he will refund tomorrow and he send me a mutual agreement to withdraw on ebay. Just emailed back to say that I will agree to the mutual agreement upon receiving the refund.

I didn't get the WF version, I had someone in Japan order online from Yamato's website. They got lucky and the order went through.

Rick Dieck: I'm not sure what you meant by permanent (as in permanent marker?). I have to someday check and compare it to my low-vis ver. 1. It's sitting in a basement somewhere. I haven't taken either one of them out of their boxes.

post-963-1211169720_thumb.jpg

post-963-1211169735_thumb.jpg

post-963-1211170756_thumb.jpg

Edited by M66

thank you m66, i just preorder one at the angolz site, i hope it come safe and secure, and congrats for having one of this exelent piece of work................rick dieck

I'm being serious. Instead of paying a high price on ebay, just send your Valkyrie + $100 U.S. to me, and I'll do a custom weathering job by placing your item on my magic weathering table. All these are getting weathered as I type.

Not sure if you're kidding or not; but dude, that can be a HUGE business for you. Just from this forum alone.

I personally don't see what the big deal is about that weathering special. It doesn't look like a "custom"... it looks artificially done. Lke someone said, it's too dark.

Did people go crazy about the "angel" 1/48 as well?

I'm beginning to think if they released a pink and orange valkyrie, people would kill to get one. Matter if fact, if Yamato drops one on the floor, throws it in a box and calls it "crash landing special" it would be a hot item.

As for me, I like mine clean OR customized by a pro (which is not me).

=)

BTW, what's the deal with the gummy and first generation mini figures? I wasn't aware of this. What's the difference? Is it just that one is soft and the other isn't?

(great... waiting for an admin to direct me to another topic. lol... )

thank you m66, i just preorder one at the angolz site, i hope it come safe and secure, and congrats for having one of this exelent piece of work................rick dieck

when is the release date?

i dont know yet vegas valkrie, but angolz seems to be a veri reliable store to place and order, a fiend of mine told me about good experiences placing orders with them, so im going to trust, but i dont know exactly the release date. <_<

rick dieck, does angolz ask for payment or payment when they have it ready to send out. Thanks. If they ask for payment later I may place an order with them as well.

I manage to get my refund from the person from ebay, but lost about A$20 due to currency fluctuations.

Not sure if you're kidding or not; but dude, that can be a HUGE business for you. Just from this forum alone.

I personally don't see what the big deal is about that weathering special. It doesn't look like a "custom"... it looks artificially done. Lke someone said, it's too dark.

Did people go crazy about the "angel" 1/48 as well?

I'm beginning to think if they released a pink and orange valkyrie, people would kill to get one. Matter if fact, if Yamato drops one on the floor, throws it in a box and calls it "crash landing special" it would be a hot item.

As for me, I like mine clean OR customized by a pro (which is not me).

=)

I'd be willing to customize a "crash landing special" if anyone is interested. Just send me a valk and $100 B))

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky