Hey! What are you working on?

Wicked Ace

Hey Wicked Ace, how do you get that awesome metallic paint job?

Metallic paint job :lol: My camera isn't the best (7.1 megapixel), and there is lots of dust from sanding -- the paint finish is glossy due to application of Future.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Metallic paint job :lol: My camera isn't the best (7.1 megapixel), and there is lots of dust from sanding -- the paint finish is glossy due to application of Future.

Oooooooooooooooohh! You got me fooled there! But still, I like what you're doing with it. I might actually reconsider doing a glossy coat rather than matte seeing how yours turned out pretty awesome. :)

No particular reason, other than I had this blue color left over from a Gundam model project.

Ah... I see... Which reminds me, I've got a Star Wars model I'm building... I'm gonna have a bunch of paint left over... Maybe I'll do a VF-25F in Insignia Red... Or Light Semi-gloss Blue... Flat Gunship Gray? :p

Seriously though, I'm pissed off, because this thing requires small amounts of certain colors, which are only spray colors... Can't even get the stuff in airbrush or brush-on... And a can of the stuff costs between $7 and $12... $12 for a single viewport... GRR...

Though, I gotta admit, a VF-25 in Light Semi-gloss Blue would look freakin sweet...

Ah... I see... Which reminds me, I've got a Star Wars model I'm building... I'm gonna have a bunch of paint left over... Maybe I'll do a VF-25F in Insignia Red... Or Light Semi-gloss Blue... Flat Gunship Gray? :p

Seriously though, I'm pissed off, because this thing requires small amounts of certain colors, which are only spray colors... Can't even get the stuff in airbrush or brush-on... And a can of the stuff costs between $7 and $12... $12 for a single viewport... GRR...

Though, I gotta admit, a VF-25 in Light Semi-gloss Blue would look freakin sweet...

If you have Gunship Gray left over, I'd seriously consider it for a VF-25. With the Ozma or Alto decal coloration, the dark gray will look very good.

Edited by Wicked Ace

If you have Gunship Gray left over, I'd seriously consider it for a VF-25. With the Ozma or Alto decal coloration, the dark gray will look very good.

Yeah, but Gunship Gray's the obvious color to paint a fighter. It's really fun if you have a Light Semi-gloss Blue and Insignia Red paintscheme. If I ever get a few 25Fs, That's gonna be one.

Not mine, but every modeler should get a kick out of this:

http://www.arcair.com/Gal9/8301-8400/gal83...g-Large/00.shtm

It's a Lightning (F6, not P-38) built *exactly* how the instructions show---done so well, Airfix bought the kit back from the guy who made it!

Ha! I just got that kit from my Secret Santa over on Starship Modeler. :lol: I just started building it the other day. I think his exploded view looks a lot cooler than mine will when finished though. :wacko:

• 3 years later...

Blackjack

gallery_3595_72_138496.jpg

Finished painting/touching up last night. I kinda screwed up spray-painting the intakes (top/outside part), so I had to sand and wound up brush painting them instead. Not my best work on this bird. dry.gif

Also, some of the trim details will look fairly "amateur-ish." But hopefully, you folks will be a bit forgiving on my first try at a full-on custom paint job.

Kinda wish I had more of a flat-finish, touch-up paint too (to match up better with the spray paint). But them's the breaks. rolleyes.gif

P.S.--I'm still looking for someone to print out some custom sticker designs for me. PM me with a quote if you're interested!!

wow!!! you could give a toturial to do this, sorry for making one like yours, really is very nice as you stay

• 7 months later...

I thought it'd be cool to explore the development of the valk's weapon systems. Gun "trainer" pod WIP pics:

attachicon.giftp primer.jpg

attachicon.giftp cu1.jpg

attachicon.giftp valk belly2.jpg

attachicon.giftp valk belly1.jpg

attachicon.giftp valk profile 1.jpg

Next, I'll continue with paint, decals, and light weathering.

Thanks for looking!

Yes !!!. That training pod looks awesome !. Keep it up, Ahab !