Hey! What are you working on?

Wicked Ace

Here is the Yamato "Ver. 2.0" 1/60 VF-1S with Super Pack parts with repaint and weathering.

The pack has been repainted in a dark military gray over the slightly greenish gray plastic that came in the box. All the stickers have been added. This is the TV version with the UN Spacy kite on the side and Roy in his gray/blue trimmed flight suit. ^_^

post-7534-1223943921_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1223943931_thumb.jpeg

post-7534-1223943940_thumb.jpeg

Again, the panel lines on the super pack are really shallow and difficult to see without some highlighting. I hope the panel lines are a little deeper for future VF-1 variants.

• 1 month later...

My son and I (mostly I) built a Republic gunship from one of the pre-painted Revell kits. In the first hour the main front cannon were busted off so I replaced them with 1" long guitar string "cannons." Those suckers will bend but NEVER break now! Oh yeah, and A LOT of work on the Daedlus (thread updated). - MT

Hey MT, that sounds like some great "quality time." Those are the things the kids will remember.

If you don't mind, I've got a couple of questions about that kit. Is that one of the smaller easy kit type of things? Any idea what the scale is on the gunship? What were your impressions of the kit?

Jardann, funny enough, I'm sure the kit is 1/200. It is the smaller mylar foil wrapped kit. It's pre-painted and the painting detail is really good (snap-fit). There is a lot of clear parts to include the waist and wing turrets, ALL pre-painted! The missiles on the bottom of the wings are backwards, but it's hard to tell unless you look really close. I opened the kit and thought, I otta get one just 'cause it's 1/200 scale :lol: . The cannon need some help, but the whole kit looks great! - MT

Ha! 1/200 sure makes it very convenient for you! Go ahead, rip the space-time continuum and combine some disparate universes!

That's good to hear about the quality of the kit. I saw some of the other mylar wrapped kits in my LHS. They looked promising, but they were priced at $13.50 each. They looked a little small to me for that price. I don't think the gunship has made it over here to the States yet, but I'll probably have to pick up at least one if I run across it. Thanks for the info!

Paint looks good optimator! Hopefully it won't scratch off. I've heard mixed reviews about the Krylon stuff sticking.

Jardann, they are from Revell Germany. You're paying for the weaker dollar. Over here they are only £4.50 (about $6.70 right now). Plus shipping it across the pond. With that in mind, I SHOULD buy one ^_^ - MT

Paint looks good optimator! Hopefully it won't scratch off. I've heard mixed reviews about the Krylon stuff sticking.

After painting, 2 or 3 parts had lots of i guess what you would call micro cracks in the paint. But that was for both the Krylon and the testors. Not sure what the problem was. I just washed the parts off in pinesol and repainted them. No problems the second time around.

Edited by optimator88

• 4 weeks later...

After getting this kit in my hands, I must agree with member wm cheng's sentiment on the landing gear -- what a joke. I wonder how the 1/72 landing gear would look on the 1/60 scale DX; I want to saw off the die cast metal approximation of landing gear on the toy. Seriously, rather than what the toy has, I'd rather have no landing gear and flexi-display stand included. <_<

p2260013kd3.jpg

How about using the hasegawa's Vf series ones..? just wondering

Has anyone checked out if they are relatively in scale?

or may be the gears from any other model? I always display aircrafts in flying mode though..

Not mine, but every modeler should get a kick out of this:

http://www.arcair.com/Gal9/8301-8400/gal83...g-Large/00.shtm

It's a Lightning (F6, not P-38) built *exactly* how the instructions show---done so well, Airfix bought the kit back from the guy who made it!

either one looks great.

I like to know your future/food coloring ratio?

do you dilute future or just straight out of the bottle?

I use Future straight out of the bottle. I don't know the exact ratios, as I've done a good bit of trial-and-error mixing. Somewhere in between the light and dark cups got me the light purple tint.

p2260014xi8.jpg