Hey! What are you working on?

Wicked Ace

Cool.....I wondered if someone would come up with a way to do away with that nasty line. GOOD JOB! THANKS for sharing too.

:ph34r:

no worries ... max is done too now ...........15 mins work

the whole fleet will get a new clear canopy

this is a known technic in modeler's world

I have never tryed before caused the result after you sand the canopy is horrible ..... but the final result is just amazing

:rolleyes:

Wow that look very nice.

Now Exactly what did you use and how?

I'm scared to do that sandpaper clear plastic not a good combo

fine sand paper to erase de seamline

and a polisher : I used a tube of cream polish for cars "for scratch"

after sanding put some cream on the canopy and polish medium hard with the tissue until it is clear

:p

fine sand paper to erase de seamline

and a polisher : I used a tube of cream polish for cars "for scratch"

after sanding put some cream on the canopy and polish medium hard with the tissue until it is clear

:p

Can you post a picture of the product you use to polish it?

Wow, I finally got the armor set repainted and applied all the decals. Again, the color is painted to a more darker military gray with a deeper red too. Here are the photos of the results.

Hikaru on patrol in Macross City.

post-7534-1211137150_thumb.jpg

Looks like a lost tourist.

post-7534-1211137158_thumb.jpg

Ready!

post-7534-1211137169_thumb.jpg

See you at the next Deculture! :lol:

post-7534-1211137177_thumb.jpg

Hey Ron,

Excellent work as always!! Is there any way you can take a picture of your entire Macross City diorama? I am very curious to see just how much space that set takes up.

Also, thanks of the tip for Pegasus Models. I actually found the "O" Scale steps I was looking for (and much more than my wallet anticipated). ^_^

A full picture of the city would be awesome. I started doing that myself before leaving home (a LOooong time ago). I took a shelving unit and got as far as lining the shelves with styrene and then getting plexiglas to cover it all. The BIG earthquake kinda set me back (and slammed several mecha on the floor :huh: ).

I love to see big projects like the city you did. I can REALLY appreciate all that work! - MT

I would love for RON5864 to add pics of the whole macross city diorama here too. Maybe if you get a chance you could put in the new gallery section. Hopefully if schedules permit I may get to see it in person tomorrow eve? Well see.

I would love for RON5864 to add pics of the whole macross city diorama here too. Maybe if you get a chance you could put in the new gallery section. Hopefully if schedules permit I may get to see it in person tomorrow eve? Well see.

I will see if I can get some new photos of the Macross City set and put it up in the Galley section this weekend.

But I am thinking about building Macross Frontier's San Francisco neighborhoods in the future. With trolleys.

ron5864,

Thanks for the heads up on the Testors Dull Coat. I picked some up yesterday but I have only been able to use it on a few parts. I still need more decals/stickers so I can use it some more. It works GREAT!

Here's what I've been working on.....Panel lining and stickering my 1/48 super/strike kit and missiles for my Strike Hikky. Next I will prob. panel line Hikky himself. Not certain on that though.

05-25-2008-002.jpg

05-25-2008-003.jpg

05-25-2008-004.jpg

05-25-2008-005.jpg

05-25-2008-006.jpg

05-25-2008-007.jpg

Nice clean panel lining misterryno ;)

I tried removing the canopy line of VF-1J yesterday. I used the finest sandpaper I bought from a Hobby shop. After that, use common toothpaste to polish the canopy. The tootpaste covers all the tiny scratches left by the sandpaper. It works!

Testors Dullcote?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turns everything white to YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs around screaming and weaving with hands over his ears*

AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WUH!! WUH! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*slobbers*

*passes out*

*wakes up*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hits tree*

*dies*

Testors Dullcote?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It turns everything white to YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*runs around screaming and weaving with hands over his ears*

AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WUH!! WUH! WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*slobbers*

*passes out*

*wakes up*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hits tree*

*dies*

What??? Seriously?

That has not happened to any of my models yet. I sprayed an X-wing fighter and Millennium Falcon with Testor Dullcote 15 years ago and the the white parts are still white. I have a few valks that I sprayed with the Dullcote at least 2 years ago and the white parts are still white.

It could turn yellow if the model was displayed under the sun for long periods of time. All my models are displayed indoors and away from direct sunlight. We get some intense sunlight here in Southern California. B))

Here's what I'm working on now, almost done even. Just need to finish up some painting, decals and re-coat.

I went with silver and then clear red on the front of the Ghost cause I thought it would look cool. It matches the gunpod and top of the head perfectly. Also, it helps add some red to the ghost that helps make the UN Spacy logo not stand out so much.

post-7656-1211786940_thumb.gifpost-7656-1211786949_thumb.gif

What??? Seriously?

That has not happened to any of my models yet. I sprayed an X-wing fighter and Millennium Falcon with Testor Dullcote 15 years ago and the the white parts are still white. I have a few valks that I sprayed with the Dullcote at least 2 years ago and the white parts are still white.

It could turn yellow if the model was displayed under the sun for long periods of time. All my models are displayed indoors and away from direct sunlight. We get some intense sunlight here in Southern California. B))

Well.....good thing I have'nt sprayed my valk yet. I keep my valks inside and out of direct sunlight as well. I hope it does'nt turn yellow. I guess we'll see eh.

Here's what I'm working on now, almost done even. Just need to finish up some painting, decals and re-coat.

I went with silver and then clear red on the front of the Ghost cause I thought it would look cool. It matches the gunpod and top of the head perfectly. Also, it helps add some red to the ghost that helps make the UN Spacy logo not stand out so much.

That looks GREAT! Good job mate.

Ron,

Your level of work is simply stunning. How long did it take you to build Macross City? The level of detail is amazing!!!

Do you live in a 1/60 scale SDF-1?!? :blink:

It took about 6 months to put it together and it took a lot of space. :wacko: Plus I have other sets taking my other precious work space. My house is becoming a Macross museum. I think I would do it a little differently next time, since I am thinking of building a 1/72 section of Macross Frontier San Francisco city. A smaller set will be enough.

ron5864,

Thanks for the heads up on the Testors Dull Coat. I picked some up yesterday but I have only been able to use it on a few parts. I still need more decals/stickers so I can use it some more. It works GREAT!

Here's what I've been working on.....Panel lining and stickering my 1/48 super/strike kit and missiles for my Strike Hikky. Next I will prob. panel line Hikky himself. Not certain on that though.

05-25-2008-002.jpg

05-25-2008-003.jpg

05-25-2008-004.jpg

05-25-2008-005.jpg

05-25-2008-006.jpg

05-25-2008-007.jpg

Damn Ryno! I have no inkling of artistic ability, but I can certainly recognize damn good work when I see it! Those 1/48 parts look awesome my man!

post-7656-1211786940_thumb.gifpost-7656-1211786949_thumb.gif

WoooooOOOOooooOOOOO!!! Pig! Sooieee!!!! Razorbacks!!! Cool to see another Arkansan enthusiast on the forum! Awesome work by the way!

B))

OO

The thing is--if you put dullcote over white paint---then the dullcote stays clear, but the white paint itself yellowed underneath---could you really tell *which* layer yellowed? (often brought up in "what clear coat/white doesn't yellow?" threads)

Damn Ryno! I have no inkling of artistic ability, but I can certainly recognize damn good work when I see it! Those 1/48 parts look awesome my man!

THANKS brother! ^_^ I bet you can do it too.

The thing is--if you put dullcote over white paint---then the dullcote stays clear, but the white paint itself yellowed underneath---could you really tell *which* layer yellowed? (often brought up in "what clear coat/white doesn't yellow?" threads)

REALLY! Thanks for the info mate! I have NOOOOOOOO need to worry then. ;)

I just started panel lining my 1A Hikaru. I need to find a better pen/marker. I like the Micron ALOT but I cannot seem to find one finer thatn .20 mm. Also...this ones tip turned to $hit really quick (the reason for the 2 mistakes you can see on the left side of the valk). I barely got anyhing done. I will have to wait till the hobby shop opens on Monday in order to get a new one :( . Anyways..here's a pic.

05-31-2008-001.jpg

I just started panel lining my 1A Hikaru. I need to find a better pen/marker. I like the Micron ALOT but I cannot seem to find one finer thatn .20 mm. Also...this ones tip turned to $hit really quick (the reason for the 2 mistakes you can see on the left side of the valk). I barely got anyhing done. I will have to wait till the hobby shop opens on Monday in order to get a new one :( . Anyways..here's a pic.

05-31-2008-001.jpg

For panel lining :

guys pls avoid markers..........

pls use paint + diluant

apply

and wash the excess with 1OO% diluant with a tissue

:):blink:

For panel lining :

guys pls avoid markers..........

pls use paint + diluant

apply

and wash the excess with 1OO% diluant with a tissue

:):blink:

Thanks for the info.

Yes, because it also yellows anything that is gray.

I have lots of models that I never coated as a kid. Place them next to models with similar colors and you can tell which ones had Testors Dullcote and which ones did not.

I'm told Mr. Hobby doesn't yellow, but I have a feeling all dull coat clears do.

In the sunlight or out. Doesn't matter. I grew up in South Texas and all of my models were kept out of sunlight. I had pretty dark curtains so it wasn't UV for my money.

When you use the stuff use as little as possible, also. Heavier coats yellow more.

REALLY! Thanks for the info mate! I have NOOOOOOOO need to worry then. ;)

Re-read the quote, my friend. He wasn't saying you didn't have to worry, he was querrying.

I'm firmly convinced Testors Dullcote yellows. I refuse to use it.

Re-read the quote, my friend. He wasn't saying you didn't have to worry, he was querrying.

I'm firmly convinced Testors Dullcote yellows. I refuse to use it.

I don't have the yellowing problem with any of my figures using Dullcote. But I also use Tamiya's flat coat T-80 for finer items.

I don't have the yellowing problem with any of my figures using Dullcote. But I also use Tamiya's flat coat T-80 for finer items.

Well, if applied correctly - in thin layer, actually wouldn't turn yellow. give it a couple minutes between layers.