Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

The Beagle/Toynami easily looks the best but rumored price is insane. The MH and the CMs is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, it depends on what you value most. CMs is a much cooler design but is smaller and figidity (especially in bike mode). The MH has better color but less detail and an oddly proportioned rider and a Lego-like transformation. Both are pretty reliant on the stands they come with.

Ok, as much as I hate to be "that guy"...... this thread has grown to nearly 100 pages long and I simply don't have the time to read through it all. So now that several of the ride armors are out there, I put the question to you all.

In short, which ride armor do you guys currently feel is the best. I'm just wondering if there's any concensus out there because a friend of mine may be visiting Japan soon and said she'd happily pick me up any item or two. Also, does anyone think the ride armor that is yet to come out (Beagle?/Toynami?) looks like its worth waiting for ?

Thanks

I don't own any so I can't tell you but I should warn that you have to look pretty hard for these things, one cannot simply walk into a random toyshop and buy them; they are niche collectors' items. If your friend goes to Tokyo, you may need to go to Akihabara or Nakano, and in Osaka, Nipponbashi.

I don't own any so I can't tell you but I should warn that you have to look pretty hard for these things, one cannot simply walk into a random toyshop and buy them; they are niche collectors' items. If your friend goes to Tokyo, you may need to go to Akihabara or Nakano, and in Osaka, Nipponbashi.

Even when you go to Akihabara it's not easy to find these. I saw precisely ONE MH Ray in Yoda-bashed-my-camera (Yodabashi Camera) in Akiba and that's the only place i've seen them in Tokyo.

The CM's is a little easier to find but the place that I saw which had about five had zero only an hour later.

Edited by Alex

So I got my MH's today.

first of all, the take apart/reassemble didnt bother me to much. i can see how it would bug people, and i was worried Id hate it too, but it was fine.

Second of all, I managed to break the part on Rays bike that connects the hip sections to the main unit in bike mode. I say I broke it, because I didnt read the instructions, and thought they attached with round pegs instead of flat ones, and promptly twisted it off. Nice goin screamer....

overall, while not my fav toys ever, I do like the little guys. i REALLY wish I had the sticker set (Still no scans?) but am still digging the toys greatly.

These are the first MOSPEADA toys i have ever owned if u dont count toynamis Alpha. Im happy io gott hem, and will get Houquet and Yellows, though probably not more than that. if the beagle ends up a decent price Ill go for that as well, but probably just the one.

Gonna chime in a minor disappointment here... managed to break the lower-waist ball-joint on my MH Ride Armor today while messing around with it.. the peg's held on by less than half it's diameter, so it seems like it may have only been a matter of time after I tightened it w/ nail-polish. I'm still standing behind my statement that the MH figure is a great piece that looks amazing, but the thing is, it's a bit of a tweaker's toy. It's OK out of the box, but gets much better with some liberal applications of elbow grease. I'll still complete the line for sure, I'm just going to have to see how much of my tweaking remains necessary.

Hey guys.....WOW ALOT has been posted in just the last couple days that I have been far too busy drinking in order to get around to checking the MW. More GREAT pics of the Beagle = :D If the price is really even close to being $600 USD there is not a chance in the world that I will buy one. I can't justify spending that kind of dough. I would get murdered by the wife. My max is $150 USD.

:ph34r:

Scream Man,

What are you talking about??? You get them if you purchase from a retailor in Japan. No mysteries, no hokus pocus, simple facts!!! That said, i got mine from Japan ;)

PLEASE Post high res scans so that we can print them out. Thanks.

HLJ is japanese, but they didn't come with any stickers :(

ditto on requests for high res scans, for 99% of the world that doesn't have em! :blink:

Scream Man,

What are you talking about??? You get them if you purchase from a retailor in Japan. No mysteries, no hokus pocus, simple facts!!! That said, i got mine from Japan ;)

Nope. I got both Ray and Stick from HLJ, and no stickers were included. What you got was LUCKY.

Edited by crasis

Nope. I got both Ray and Stick from HLJ, and no stickers were included. What you got was LUCKY.

I got one of mine from a Japanese retailer and there were no stickers :(

I move to ammend the High Res scans of these babies PLEASE!!!

Gonna chime in a minor disappointment here... managed to break the lower-waist ball-joint on my MH Ride Armor today while messing around with it.. the peg's held on by less than half it's diameter, so it seems like it may have only been a matter of time after I tightened it w/ nail-polish. I'm still standing behind my statement that the MH figure is a great piece that looks amazing, but the thing is, it's a bit of a tweaker's toy. It's OK out of the box, but gets much better with some liberal applications of elbow grease. I'll still complete the line for sure, I'm just going to have to see how much of my tweaking remains necessary.

Exact same thing I reported and it seems to have happened within the same time that mine broke. Word to everyone......This could be a common problem so take care. <_<

Though, agreed. Overall the MH is a nice toy. Just better for display.

Edited by Alex

If the Beagle is going to be sold at a ridiculous price, i`d rather make my own 1/12 Ride armor. I`m currently building one using the Aoshima kit and a generic man doll (Had some weird looks when buying this, I can tell you).

If there`s any QC issues to be had then it`ll be on MY terms :lol:

This is in it`s earliest days so it will look a lot better. I even improved the design since the legs don`t BREAK anymore. I now have the upper half of the leg armor extending rather that the lower half.

post-3271-1207031147_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex

Scream Man,

So far, you are the only person I have heard of that has managed to get them. Could you please post scans if you have not yet applied them?

maybe its just me, but I hate this stand that the Megahouse comes with, I can't get him to stand straight at all

Really??? :( No problems here.

So far, you are the only person I have heard of that has managed to get them. Could you please post scans if you have not yet applied them?

If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come...

If the Beagle is going to be sold at a ridiculous price, i`d rather make my own 1/12 Ride armor. I`m currently building one using the Aoshima kit and a generic man doll (Had some weird looks when buying this, I can tell you).

If there`s any QC issues to be had then it`ll be on MY terms :lol:

This is in it`s earliest days so it will look a lot better. I even improved the design since the legs don`t BREAK anymore. I now have the upper half of the leg armor extending rather that the lower half.

That's REALLY COOL! Can you give us a step by step of your process thus far? I would also like to know what kind of doll you used so maybe I can try my hand at one. THANKS!!!

If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come... If we ask him...they will come...

i hope ur jedi mind trick works :ph34r:

Well, seems i forgot my parents had a scanner, but max picture size i can put is 10 meg, so here is one at 1200 dpi at 3.6 meg. Otherwise, i have one at 2600 dpi at 11.3 megs that i made, but cant attach here. Hope its enough:

Edited by Arthurius

Thanks very much, Arthurius. You are restoring sense into this world.

And yeah, it did say that we have unlimited upload size up until very recently, but now it has been changed to 10MB. Aww. :(

I have a 2400 dpi version, and it looks much better. But its 11.3 meg, so i cant add it here

Thanks for scanning! If you want to make the better version available you could always put it in a zip file and upload it to www.megaupload.com then post the link here for everyone to download it. with a free membership you get 50 gigs of storage space.

Arthurius,

You.Rock. Thanks B))

If none of the regs here at MW want to do them, I'm sure that Delta at reprolabels.com would do them. I've got some of the repros that they made for the Gakken 1/8, and the quality is very nice. I think that your scan as it is will be more than adequate, as they will just trace them and make a new vector drawing.

It'll be expensive to have Delta do them, and frankly I am much more interested in waterslide decals than stickers... it's too bad not too many people are good at this at this point... I might be able to redo the graphics, but I'd have no idea how to scale them or anything...