Lovely, so when is the movie going to be released ?

Didn't you see the end of the trailer?

"Hurry, Star Force! You've only got 158 days before the movie's release!"

That's, um...a somewhat loose translation. Anyway, it's coming in December.

Wasn't the first live action Gundam G-Savior?

I suppose most Gundam fans would like to think that never existed.

Oh, it existed... it's not a movie though, it's a documentary on how Gundam shouldn't be made.

Ah, but you guys forgot to mention Gundam 0079: The War for Earth. Sure, it was a game, but it made G-Saviour look like Toy Story 3.

Hmm... Ok, i'd see it... BUT BUT... will it be ONLY in japan? the only reason i can think of not being in the US for example is if the movie has very 'WWII-we-should-won' political stance... that seems to be a big something that the japanesse are into (i hope not)

the brief 1 second of AA fire from the midship battery. that gave me a mechachubby :D

is that only teaser out? with 6 months left surely there should be another, right? (or do they do that many in Japan compared to state side theather ops?) o.O

Edited by pensives_wetness

Hmm... Ok, i'd see it... BUT BUT... will it be ONLY in japan? the only reason i can think of not being in the US for example is if the movie has very 'WWII-we-should-won' political stance... that seems to be a big something that the japanesse are into (i hope not)

Most likely the only US release of the film will be on DVD. Most things from Japan NEVER get released in the US. Maybe we will get lucky and the Star Blazers crew will dub it (I wouldn't hold my breath though!)

is that only teaser out? with 6 months left surely there should be another, right? (or do they do that many in Japan compared to state side theather ops?) o.O

Special effects and post processing work will be a large part of this film so I doubt much more of it exists in a presentable form yet.

I thought that the FX shots they showed were pretty good. Do we have any idea of a budget for this film, or at least how its budget would compare to that of Western "blockbusters"??

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

I loves me some Yamato, and I even think that a decent live-action rendition of the story (even in its milder "Star Blazers" incarnation) is possible, but in spite of that I have my doubts about this ever even being made. I'm sure it'll happen right after the live-action Akira, Dragon Ball Z and Evangelion movies.

Hollywood's already bastardized Akira Toriyama's work with a live-action shitfest. :angry:

Someone mentioned live action Sailor Moon?

364937_main.jpg

Excuse me while I go projectile vomit. :blink: Edited by Wanzerfan

I know that, Gubaba, I just fixed my above post to show what I was responding to.

Ah, so then I'm sure you ALSO realize that he wrote that post in 2006, well before the DBZ movie came out, right? Meaning that you post is entirely superfluous...? :wacko:

Ah, so then I'm sure you ALSO realize that he wrote that post in 2006, well before the DBZ movie came out, right? Meaning that you post is entirely superfluous...? :wacko:

...Now I do, I was only reading the bodies of the posts, and I didn't notice the dates when I posted that. Now excuse me while I go clean my glasses, and pull my size 12 Ozark Trail hiking boot out of my mouth. :blink:

...Now I do, I was only reading the bodies of the posts, and I didn't notice the dates when I posted that. Now excuse me while I go clean my glasses, and pull my size 12 Ozark Trail hiking boot out of my mouth. :blink:

Okay, I think it's time you fessed up... You're just PRETENDING to be that clueless, in order to make Robotech fans look dumb, aren't you? A brilliant and subtle parody, to be sure, and you had a lot of us going for a while...but i've finally seen though it.

Okay, I think it's time you fessed up... You're just PRETENDING to be that clueless, in order to make Robotech fans look dumb, aren't you? A brilliant and subtle parody, to be sure, and you had a lot of us going for a while...but i've finally seen though it.

If only...

Well, at least they got rid of the uniform bellbottoms. ^_^

I like how they've stayed true to the design of the ship from the original show. But I really hate this trend among moviemakers with changing key characters and/or story elements to make them more "hip" or politically correct or something. Like making the doctor a woman? WTF? Straight BEWL-SHEIT, man!

Too bad they couldn't go with something like the Yamato Redux...

battleship_yamato_redux.jpg

pays closer homage to the design of the actual ship, proportions make it look even larger and more formidable.

Got to take an unofficial tour of the Missouri(?) once a long time ago as a kid. There's something awe-inspiring about the big battleships, and that admiration has never waned. Got to see the U.S.S. Wisconsin at anchor a couple weeks back. Even as an adult, as I approached the ship looming ever larger with each step, my inner voice was screaming, childlike: "FUH-KEN AWE-SOOOOOME!!!"

I would like to visit the Missouri someday. I'm kind of familiar with the history, a ship that continued to serve way past its obsolescence and retirement date - up to Gulf War I at least.

I must submit that the New Jersey (my home state) was the longest serving battleship of all time though. (NJ was in Vietnam where the other ships of the class were still mothballed - the 16 inch guns were capable of making instant helicopter landing zones in the the Jungle)

Well there is at least one live action Macross Frontier movie lolz :p ...

isn't it?

It's like they raided the Macross Frontier cg-inventory for the space battles in the trailer. :lol:

at any rate, this live-action SB-Yamato movie is totally gonna be cheesy but that's gonna be ok.

wished they'd kept the bellbottoms, tho. :lol:

Well, at least they got rid of the uniform bellbottoms. ^_^

I like how they've stayed true to the design of the ship from the original show. But I really hate this trend among moviemakers with changing key characters and/or story elements to make them more "hip" or politically correct or something. Like making the doctor a woman? WTF? Straight BEWL-SHEIT, man!

Too bad they couldn't go with something like the Yamato Redux...

battleship_yamato_redux.jpg

pays closer homage to the design of the actual ship, proportions make it look even larger and more formidable.

Got to take an unofficial tour of the Missouri(?) once a long time ago as a kid. There's something awe-inspiring about the big battleships, and that admiration has never waned. Got to see the U.S.S. Wisconsin at anchor a couple weeks back. Even as an adult, as I approached the ship looming ever larger with each step, my inner voice was screaming, childlike: "FUH-KEN AWE-SOOOOOME!!!"

I went to see the USS Texas, anchored over near the San Jacinto Monument, in San Jacinto Battleground State park east of Houston, Texas. I kept knocking my head on the overhead "rafters" and the hatch jambs going through the thing (I'm 6'4"). Now I know how Global felt ;) .

You really don't appreciate how huge battleships are until you've been on one. I've visited the New Jersey twice and I still can't get over just how impressive it really is.

I've also been on the HMS Belfast in London. While not a battleship nor as huge as one, it was still a pretty impressive ship!