Bat Suit Unvailed

Well, they ARE Superheroes. I think it looks cool. Reminds me of the Batman Returns costume, which I liked.

I thought they were going to go with the grey tights a la Adam West, which I still thought was cool because this is supposed to be old school Batman. But hey, I'm happy with what they have.

Whats so bad with the costume? :huh: Looks decent to me! Do u expect him to just wear a thin piece of cloth a la Adam West? :blink:

I thought they were going to go with the grey tights a la Adam West, which I still thought was cool because this is supposed to be old school Batman.

Just saying that the Rubber/Leather suit would/could give more protection to Batman than, lets say, a suit made of the same material your T-shirt is made of. :unsure:

They have to change the outfit enough so that the merchandising money goes to the production company not the linsence holders. Even though WB owns the movie and DC comics the people making the movie want their cut to be bigger.

I wish they did go with the Alex Ross/Dead End type suit though. It's just that much more fun to see the heroes like they jumped straight out of the comic book page. As much as people don't want to admit, Superman, The Hulk and Spiderman are the best looking movie interpretations of superheroes, spandex/tight leather and all. The Xmen movies are great, but a full blown Wolverine costume would be cool. Daredevil's S&M costume was just bleh...

I imagine it looks quite a bit cooler running around in the dark, at night - like Batman's supposed to do.

He does look more than bit silly standing around in a white room. Thank god this isn't a Kubrick film.

That yellow utility belt does not go with the rest of the all-black suit. I mean, if I were a Year-one Bruce Wayne, I would follow the same design principle, everything black, for stealth. But why stop at the yellow belt? "Hey, we can take total liberty with the batsuit from the comics, BUT WE GOTTA HAVE A YELLOW BELT!". All the crooks are going to see is a black figure with a yellow belt. "Who ARE YOU MAN!!!???"..."I'm...Yellow Belt Man!".

Why did they keep that stupid molded in 6 pack?

Nice neck rolls, Batman.

Here, I've got an idea: Get an actor who is actually very well built, physically. Then, you don't have to make fake rubber muscles into the suit!

cbamericanpsychog11.jpg

Thats Christian Bayle, from American Psycho... The dude is not The Oak, but he is in pretty fukin good shape.

what is cooler, high quality cloth and leather, or plastic and rubber?

dead end batman was the coolest costume i've seen in a while.

the rubber crap worked in the first batman cuz it was never before seen. but now its like they dont' know how to do anything else.

i also think the belt looks stupid.

how cool would it be to see batman in some scaled back and streamlined S.W.A.T. gear? straped utility belts to his arms and thighs, a boot knife. more commando lilke and less hollywood. woulda been neat.

course this is comeing from a guy who thought spiderman would have been super cool if peter had stayed in his sweats and skimask....

His belt looks OK... but still... I'd prefer the old school style too.

Yeah. Actually, my favorite Batman belt is the "retro" one that is just pouches with buttons. It's just simple and functional.

To me, this is the quintessential Batman image (no big yellow target on his chest, and, of course the belt):

batman.jpg

Not that I would expect them to be able to make it look this way in a live-action film.

(hope that image isn't too big!)

H

how cool would it be to see batman in some scaled back and streamlined S.W.A.T. gear? straped utility belts to his arms and thighs, a boot knife. more commando lilke and less hollywood. woulda been neat.

:rolleyes: Woah, then they could call him S.W.A.T. MAN! :rolleyes:

But seriously, superheroes are inheirently cheesy. So I don't mind when they look that way in movies at all.

they really could've done worse with the bat suit...just thank god it's not another...damn it...forgot his name <_< ...yeah the director of the last couple batman movies sucked so much i don't even bother remembering his name <_<

but at least it's not all stylized and have a massively bad script...just thank WB for taking their own heads out of there ass' and being more true to the comic book <_<

I'm not too excited about this batman outfit, I wish they would have tried something different then the other batman movies. Mainly, I don't like how the cowl looks. The ears look funny to me. I have to agree with everyone else on the belt too; it doesn't fit. Here's to hoping it will look better in bad lighting and fast action :ph34r:

Now that my friend I agree with you 100%

I really like what you said. Now if someone could whip up a concept of that. It would be so sweet.

Hollywood seems infatuated with a either serious hi-tech Batman (the Burton films and beyond). The only cloth Batmans have been Adam West and Lewis Wilson. Personally, I think Clark Bartram and Sandy Collora nailed the right kind of Batman, an Alex Ross version.

db_bts111.jpg

Batman: Dead End

Aside from the man-boobs rolling over the gut.

Maybe they should just get AgentOne to play Batman and be done with it.

how cool would it be to see batman in some scaled back and streamlined S.W.A.T. gear?  straped utility belts to his arms and thighs, a boot knife. more commando lilke and less hollywood.  woulda been neat.

Now that my friend I agree with you 100%

I really like what you said. Now if someone could whip up a concept of that. It would be so sweet.

kinda likes this?

post-26-1091243898_thumb.jpg