The Trailer for Batman Begins is OUT!

Anubis

The suit is MILES better than the last couple. Nice and dark, no chessy crap added to it. Not bad so far.

I wish the suit was more in line with the comic. I would prefer to see a little more of a dark grey suit not quite charcoal with black gloves and boots, cowl, cape and bat symbol. I am still nervous. It seems DC just has not gotten the message. Marvel has done great with their big names but DC keeps screwing theirs up. Look at the horror that is Catwoman.

Am I the only one who dislikes the suit? :|

It looks like a mix of robocop and Kamen Rider.

And the shape of the head and ears is looking very very weird.

I would go for a more amateur look. Screw this armor thing. I can't figure anybody making acrobatic moves and jumping buildings on that thing.

The suit they use on the fanmovie "Dead End" looks much more Batman IMHO.

I agree, that costume looks awful. Christian Bale sounds cool, but I wouldn't wipe my ass with that suit.

Why do they always make the mask so you can see Batman's eyes? You never do in the comic books! I mean, how stupid would it have been if the Spiderman mask had two little eyeholes where you could see Peter Parker's eyepupils?!

My attachment is really crappy since i did it in Paint while in the middle of other stuff, but you get the point...

Edited by Rotary Magic

so alfred is being played by someone else this time? Was the guy who played alfred in part one in the other three movies as well? I forgot if he was or not. I would think they would bring him back to play alfred again.

Someone actually has video of the Batmobile making a couple of turns (up close).

B))

http://www.aintitcool.com/downloads/batmobile.mov (right click save as).

Ugh. Quicktime...

In any case, it goes back to what I said the first time. It's a Batman movie with a decent bat-suit, a potentially good plot with good atmosphere, and a Batmobile that looks like complete and utter ass.

• 6 months later...

it looks real good i am highly anticipating this movie which is impressive because after the last one i for the most part never wanted to see another batman movie ever again. this one is on my main list with Star Wars and War of the Worlds which definetly says something.

chris

Thanks for the link. That was more of a teaser than a trailer, but it did feature a few more samples of the film I have not seen. The batmobile in this film seems to have some backbone and sturdiness, as opposed to the wheeled ornaments used in the previous films. It also appears that the batsuit is much more practical now than before. Mr. Bale was shown moving his neck while wearing the costume. What a novel idea :)

Edited by Mr March

Thanks for the link. That was more of a teaser than a trailer, but it did feature a few more samples of the film I have not seen. The batmobile in this film seems to have some backbone and sturdiness, as opposed to the wheeled ornaments used in the previous films. It also appears that the batsuit is much more practical now than before. Mr. Bale was shown moving his neck while wearing the costume. What a novel idea :)

Well, the Batmobile is a real vehicle that has 400HP and can really jump like that without camera tricks.

I've been burned too many times by bad Batman movies. I think I'll wait for this one to come on cable.

Where I'm the flip-side, going to pretty much any superhero movie despite (or in spite of) any bad press.

Certainly playing it serious makes it less likely to suck like the previous ones. At least in the same manner...

Cyc

Cool teaser, along with the War of the Worlds teaser. No Episode 3 ad though? I didn't see one, anyway. I thought there would be one for sure, being it is on FOX :angry:

What, Lucas needs to advertise? ;) Besides, after Mike Myres's stunt at that one a few years ago it wouldn't have been believed if prior announced.

Yes I saw it, and I sooo wanted to smack the girls sitting behind me who could only produce an, "Awww, he isn't cute like all the others..." I'm like, "But this one isn't some fruity techno-show like the last ones." and they said, "The only reason to see it is if Batman's hot, like Clooney and Val-Klimer in the last ones!" These people should be banned from theaters!!! :angry:

Edited by Wes

Thanks for the link.  That was more of a teaser than a trailer, but it did feature a few more samples of the film I have not seen.  The batmobile in this film seems to have some backbone and sturdiness, as opposed to the wheeled ornaments used in the previous films.  It also appears that the batsuit is much more practical now than before.  Mr. Bale was shown moving his neck while wearing the costume.  What a novel idea :)

Well, the Batmobile is a real vehicle that has 400HP and can really jump like that without camera tricks.

I like the look. It's big and ugly. Reminds me of the bat tank featured in The Dark Knight Returns. Not exactly the look, but more the concept. Nasty! :)

I am throughly UN-impressed.

Seeing the 'new' and 're-imagined' Batman material makes me wish for someone to give a rats ass about making the orginal.

What does "original" mean? What is "original" and canon in term of Batman concepts in the various comic universes and artistic styles over the decades?

I don't know if it's news or not but there's a picture (allbeit a small one) of treh Batmobile toy in the latest Argos catalogue over here in England.

Looks like a nice toy, I can scan it if anyone wants to see it.

The film is looking very good, this along with War of the Worlds are teh only moves I'm excited for.

• 2 months later...

keeps looking better everytime i see i cannot wait for this one to come out, it is hard to believe that after the last few batman movies that i would want to see another, but this one has got me hyped for the next movie.

chris