Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Got my HCM Pro Destiny Gundam today.

Not bad. Having to separate the Sword and BFG is odd, but at leas there won't be any floppiness at that joint. The Shoulder beam blades do fall out easy, but not horribly. My Destiny's joints are pretty good and the paint job looks good to me. It comes with weapon holding hands, open palms, and closed fist. The gauntlets come off and attach to each set of hands, and the beam shields attach to the gauntlets. The shoulder beam blades don't hold in the hands too well, but the beam rifle holds well. Overall I'm pleased with it. I still would love a GQ Model, but in lieu of that the HCM Pro wll work fine.

Here's some pics of the HCM Pro Destiny Gundam:

post-514-1128574385_thumb.jpgpost-514-1128574411_thumb.jpgpost-514-1128574421_thumb.jpg

post-514-1128574436_thumb.jpgpost-514-1128574453_thumb.jpgpost-514-1128574466_thumb.jpg

Here's what will probably be my final Gundam Seed shelf, unless they release an HCM Pro Gouf or Legend.

post-514-1128574479_thumb.jpg

I do kind of want the MMM Launcher/Sword Strike package still too, but I'm having trouble bringing myself to spend the 70 bucks to get it. Especially when the Aile pack is my favorite Strike pack anyway.

Now here's something that should have happened in ep. 50:

Instead of simply handing Athrun the win though piss-poor writing and making Shinn try to stupidly use the palm cannons to block Athrun's beam sabers, he should have used the beam shields on the opposite sides of his hands like so:

post-514-1128574571_thumb.jpg

After blocking the blades aside, THEN Shinn could have palm cannoned Justice right through the cockpit. Even if Athrun managed to kickbox a leg off of Destiny Athrun could still have been dead.

Edited by Anubis

Now here's something that should have happened in ep. 50:

Instead of simply handing Athrun the win though piss-poor writing and making Shinn try to stupidly use the palm cannons to block Athrun's beam sabers, he should have used the beam shields on the opposite sides of his hands like so:

After blocking the blades aside, THEN Shinn could have palm cannoned Justice right through the cockpit.  Even if Athrun managed to kickbox a leg off of Destiny Athrun could still have been dead.

334381[/snapback]

Ah should land... where the lawn is perfect, the roads are uncongested, and the should land high school football team drives across town to meet their arch rival reality check and get their ass handed to them on a silver platter.

Ha ha, sorry, just had to put that one in. You gotta love American Dad sometimes.

That annoyed me incredibly, because the blocking the beams with the palm cannons should have WORKED.

It was the first actual improvised use of them in an interesting way... but no, they had to make the pinnacle of ZAFTs mobile suit advances and the titular suit of the show look like a chump.

Edited by Panon

I still say guys like Shiro and Kou were the best Gundam pilots. They didn't need Newtype abilites to get the job done.

They never came across a threat worthy of a Nwtype :)

I think the guy in 08th MS team is the best pilot. Other guys maybe the best "gundam" pilot, but they all rely hand to the supermacy of their gundam. If they were given a ball to fight against a Hi-Zaku, even Camille would be long dead.

A Ball against a Hi-Zak is entirely different than a Ball against a Zaku, but even so, your argument is weak at best. Kamille took out The O, Psyco Gundam MkII, Bound Doc, and Yazan in his Hambrabi.

all that newtype crap is weak and really pisses the hell out of me, 0083 stardust memory- no newtype, 08th ms team no newtype, 0080 war in a pocket no new type and these are some of the more popular ones...

wannabes well menttal powers does not a good show make. :angry::angry::angry:

Newtypes are the core of Gundam. Evolved humans with heightened perception that allows them to anticipate enemy attacks (amongst other things). Shirow, Kou, etc wouldn't have done jack against Char or Lalah, end result, Zeon Win. Had any of the pilots in any of the aforementioned shows come up against Newtypes, they would have been toast.

I think you guys have your general argument backwards. Kou "needed" the GP-01 to take out a sup'd up GM, Kou Needed the EZ-8 to barely survive with an Arm and a Leg... Amuro, Kamille, and other Newtype pilots of the kind were the true strength behind their mobile suits.

334401[/snapback]

You're telling me Norris and Gato wouldn't give Amuro a hard time?

334423[/snapback]

Amuro already took out Ramba Ral, so there's no big deal with Norris, and Gato was obvously too afraid to face Amuro at A Boa Qu, which is why he was still alive in 0083 :)

Man, Destiny got really bad after 45...the ending was so awful it made me say "WHAT THE HELL?!" like one of my friends here along with a few "God damn its" like my LPO says it and it brought a smile to my face at how awful they were in killing off Talia, Gil and Rey. I would have liked to have seen Rey in the next one(if there ever is a "next one") or Talia...WHAT THE HELL?! :angry:

Same here,It's not just the last episode but the whole series. well for me at least. For some reason I did not get even 1 GSD model kit,figure,hcm pro, MSIA, etc. nana, zip. ( this is someone that normal gets a bunch of stuff from Series that he watches)

I ended buying SEED stuff instead like PG strike, PG Skygassper/aile pack, MG freedom, MG Strike, MG Strike Rouge, and some MSIA SEED stuff and the Arch enemy Strike. I even brought a 1/100 Strike aile before the MG came out. and I build a NG strike just for the heck of it. It was not worth the $2 I say.

I also brought a whole bunch of those UC and AC gundam stuff too just not any Gundam SEED Destiny stuff. It was always like hmm perhaps I should get it, and then I just don't really care for it no more.

Edited by F360°

From Gunota:

DESTINY final DVD details part2

ES Toys has now removed the 40 minute "special episode" from the DVD details.

What does this mean? All the bad reactions to Episode 50 have made it necessary to pump up the 40min especial so as to have a proper ending? Bandai saw that calling “special episode†another bunch of reused footage was going to spark violent reaction from fans and so cancelled it? Nothing at all?

From Gunota:
DESTINY final DVD details part2

ES Toys has now removed the 40 minute "special episode" from the DVD details.

What does this mean? All the bad reactions to Episode 50 have made it necessary to pump up the 40min especial so as to have a proper ending? Bandai saw that calling “special episode” another bunch of reused footage was going to spark violent reaction from fans and so cancelled it? Nothing at all?

334455[/snapback]

Honestly? No one knows. It could become a feature-length OVA. It could have been removed for marketing purposes. It may have been cancelled altogether. It may have been an accidental leak from ES Toys. It may be nothing at all. No one knows, unfortunately.

Here are the photo’s of my modded Strike-Freedom MSIA – I took the wings off of the HG 1/144 SF kit and attached them to the back of the MSIA. All I did was cut down a nail that fit into the connectors of the MSIA and insert it into the model’s wing joint, then popped them on. They work very well and make the MSIA feel whole.

sf10jj.jpg

sf23sb.jpg

Same here,It's not just the last episode but the whole series.  well for me at least.  For some reason I did not get even 1 GSD model kit,figure,hcm pro, MSIA, etc.  nana, zip.  ( this is someone that normal gets a bunch of stuff from Series that he watches)

334453[/snapback]

I actually don't care what I build. I just do it for the joy of doing it. The only kits I have from GSD are S-Freedom, Destiny and the ZAKU Warrior. Those are the only ones that have some interest for me (Although I'm really reconsidering Destiny since the overall frame is kinda dull, I mean, it is just an HG kit, so I shouldn't expect much. And S-Freedom feels proportionally wrong like the HG Freedom). I'd get a Saviour...if there was a decent-looking 1/100 HG kit. I really prefer to build MGs, regardless of series assuming I like the design.

sf23sb.jpg

334500[/snapback]

In the bathroom, right where Strike Freedom belongs now. :lol::lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The dragoon launching parts are a nice addition to the Dragoon suits though. I'd love to have flight parts for a couple of the Nu Gundam's funnels.

Edited by Anubis

334401[/snapback]

You're telling me Norris and Gato wouldn't give Amuro a hard time?

334423[/snapback]

Amuro already took out Ramba Ral, so there's no big deal with Norris, and Gato was obvously too afraid to face Amuro at A Boa Qu, which is why he was still alive in 0083 :)

334426[/snapback]

It's all a matter of prespective. Gato and Norris might have bested Amuro back during the time of Ramba Ral, or at least gave him a good run for the money. But if they fought Amuro in 0083 or 0087, they would've died in moments. I swear that by the time 0087 rolled around, all of the great pilots had at least some newtype capabilities.

But strictly speaking, I like the generic non newtype pilots better. Again, that's more a function of story quality than actual piloting capabilities. Those side stories had very compelling characters, that is not to say that Zeta and MSG didn't have compelling characters, but I saw the side stories first, so those are the parts of Gundam that really got me hooked.

I just watched the last episode, what an utter disaster.

It's clear to me now that Shinn was never meant to be the main character at all, they just had him chew up some screen time so that Kiras triumphant return would seem like a surprise. :lol:

is anyone actualy going to buy this when it comes out on dvd?

I know that waiting for a uk release won't be hard at all...

It's clear to me now that Shinn was never meant to be the main character at all, they just had him chew up some screen time so that Kiras triumphant return would seem like a surprise.  :lol:

334529[/snapback]

I was going to before, but after that trainwreck finale, I am in no kind of rush to throw more money at this show.

Just watched ep 50 yesterday. I feel like watching a 30 minute long preview instead of an actual episode.

There are lots of logical plot holes in the last ep.

Apart from Shin lame fighting style, stupid reuse footage, character just flip-flop on their mind. I don't understand why Kira has to get off from his MS and risk getting kill. We all know Kira is not that good using guns. Can't he simply use S-Freedom to give a deadly blow to Gel?

It's clear to me now that Shinn was never meant to be the main character at all, they just had him chew up some screen time so that Kiras triumphant return would seem like a surprise.  :lol:

334529[/snapback]

I was going to before, but after that trainwreck finale, I am in no kind of rush to throw more money at this show.

334544[/snapback]

I'll just work off my current backlog before grabbing Destiny DVDs. At my speed, that will take... a year or 2.

Apart from Shin lame fighting style, stupid reuse footage, character just flip-flop on their mind.  I don't understand why Kira has to get off from his MS and risk getting kill.  We all know Kira is not that good using guns.  Can't he simply use S-Freedom to give a deadly blow to Gel?

334558[/snapback]

It's more dramatic, and it also illustrate to everyone just how stupid Kira Yamato really is. Not to mention narrow minded. But I'm sure his defenders will come out of the woodworks to defend him and rationalize why he has to confront Gilbert face to face.

Edited by kalvasflam

It's all a matter of prespective.  Gato and Norris might have bested Amuro back during the time of Ramba Ral, or at least gave him a good run for the money.  But if they fought Amuro in 0083 or 0087, they would've died in moments.  I swear that by the time 0087 rolled around, all of the great pilots had at least some newtype capabilities.

And in perspective, Gato & Norris wouldn't have earned their rep's yet when Amuro was an up & coming pilot. Hell, even if they did pose a challenge, it just would have pushed his potential up that much faster. As for more Newtypes being around in 0087, that's the whole point, people were evolving.

But strictly speaking, I like the generic non newtype pilots better.  Again, that's more a function of story quality than actual piloting capabilities.  Those side stories had very compelling characters, that is not to say that Zeta and MSG didn't have compelling characters, but I saw the side stories first, so those are the parts of Gundam that really got me hooked.

334523[/snapback]

Who's to say the generic non-newtype pilots wouldn't later develope Newtype abilities :)

Eh, I'll probably buy the first four volumes. The show was still good at that point and Kira hadn't stuck his unwelcome nose into business at that point. The rest though, doubt it.

The last two volumes especially can go directly to hell, I wouldn't take them if they were free.

Who want to buy Seed Toys/Kits after the the last episdoe , I consider it a shame.

334450[/snapback]

The only suits like really liked in Destiny, were the Akatsuki, Murasame, and the Windam. So, so far, Bandai isn't getting any money from me on this. Though I might end up getting an Exass kit.

Who want to buy Seed Toys/Kits after the the last episdoe , I consider it a shame.

334450[/snapback]

I preordered some stuff before it was over. I like the mechs, just that they ruined the storyline. I am happy with what I got so far.

MSIA: Freedom, S-Freedom, Chaos, Savior, I-Justice, and Destiny. Hopefully they will add Akatsuki and Legend.

Model 1/400 Meteor Destiny version.

HCM Pro Destiny and S-Freedom.

ehh? HCM pro strike freedom is already out?? where'd you get those? any pics? thanks
That pic on this page is the model kit (1/144 I think), not the HCM Pro Strike Freedom, which IIRC is not out until the end of this month.

Graham

No, that’s not the HCM-Pro Strike-Freedom and it’s not the 1/144. It’s the Strike-Freedom MSIA that I modified by attaching the HG 1/144 wings to its back in what was a very easy modification. Pay attention to meeee!

Ratings for GSD courtesy of Gunota

49th episode rating (9/24): 7.8%

50th episode rating (10/ 1): 5.4%

Highest rating: 8.2%

Lowest rating: 3.9%

Average rating: 5.41% (w/o EDITED) 5.39% (w/ EDITED)

http://aeug.blogspot.com/2005_10_01_aeug_a...863421083186095

So in the end, the series did about...average. It did slightly better than Zoids in the same timeslot and it's lowest rating of 3.9% was better than Fullmetal Alchemist whose lowest was 3.4%. The numbers for the most part were consistent. The change in broadcast time probably attributed to the lower rating. Compared to other Gundam shows*, GSD falls in the middle. Compared to shows in the same time slot**, the ratings do show a consistent decline at that particular timeslot.

Personally, I had issues with the writting which lead to my overall negative feeling toward the show. But numbers are numbers and show people watched it and the ratings for each episode are rather consistent so there was a consistent viewer base. DVD sales were good and so was the music sales.

As for my adventure into the 2ch boards, the feeling I got was about the same here (the ShinnxLuna relationship was botched, Tomino should come back, someone should kill Kira and Lacus, Shinn? wtf? etc....). The anger from the few actual meaningful posts I read (and it was quite a pain to read machine translated text) seemed to be directed at the writing staff (namely the wife).

In anycase, time to move on. *Looks at backlog* Crap...now Zeta Movie 1 is in that backlog (I have previewed my TV-rip)....At this rate, I'll never NOT have a backlog.

*http://aeug.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_aeug_archive.html#110060731014068978

**http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=726114&postcount=40

Edited by azrael