Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

So where's the other side to their arguement? Oh right, they're being shot at all the time and being told that what they say is nonsense.

It just so happens that what the 'other side' is saying IS complete and utter nonsense!

332376[/snapback]

They kind of hint at it, but they need to just flat out say it. "We reject the Destiny Plan because it eliminates free will, and will give rise to a totalitarian state."

Though if fighting to preserve free will is complete and utter nonsense...

Edited by Druna Skass

PICTURE OF THE MONTH

11279514080060ph.jpg

Edited by Anubis

What suit is being destoryed in that picture, can't tell.

332409[/snapback]

Freedom I

Speaking of Z, Amuro and Char's Counterattack, do you need to watch ZZ to understand Char's C? I'm more than halfway done with Z (great mecha designs  :) ), but after reading so much against ZZ I think I'll pass for now (I have C'sC in my hands already but not ZZ). Would I miss much of the Amuro/Char relation skipping ZZ?

Back to Destiny: I'm affraid Ep 50 is going to be to much cramped full of stuff. They should have saved at least two episodes for the ending so as to not have it feel rushed. All that recap...

332326[/snapback]

No need to watch ZZ, nice to have complete history, and although I never watched ZZ, I heard that the first half was horribly botched. But then it got better, don't know what that means.

Anubis, think you'll enjoy Zeta, the show is usually not a series of continuous events, but it really helps that there is a narrative to connect each set of events. The episodes are more character centric although they do seem to introduce MS like new candy flavors, but those MS have some very similar capabilities for the most part. And better yet, the Gundams aren't overpowered psycho killing machines.

In Ep 50, things to do: Kill Rey, kill Dullindal, destroy Messiah, destroy Requiem. Shinn/Athrun fight. Possibly kill off one or two other characters. Gonna be some short fights. They should've started those fights in Ep 49, but they couldn't do that because they needed the ep to show Rey's origin. Which at this point is a big fat who cares, since Rey is likely to bite the dust in Ep 50. It's about as useful as showing the Meer recap.

As far as Lacus and company are concerned, so far, they're against the Destiny plan, that's it. Like Druna said, it isn't all that clear what they stand for, they dance around it, but never come out and say it. One could argue that based on what they said so far, Lacus and crew are agents of chaos, free will to kill each other and all that.

Edited by kalvasflam

Thanks Kalvasflam and you too Panon. I'll skip ZZ for now.

Anubis, think you'll enjoy Zeta, the show is usually not a series of continuous events, but it really helps that there is a narrative to connect each set of events. The episodes are more character centric although they do seem to introduce MS like new candy flavors, but those MS have some very similar capabilities for the most part. And better yet, the Gundams aren't overpowered psycho killing machines.

Even the Zeta Gundam has had it's bacon saved more than a few times. In Z the über characters are the ones that live to fight (or die) another day. Some of the designs are a bit goofy (the conehead MS for example) but that 80's animation is gorgeous.

Here's a Force Impulse Gundam and a Strike Freedom Gundam (photos found by Bayonette from the Gundamofficial forums )

I have the Destiny HCM Pro on the way, I'll take pictures when it arrives.

From Gunota:

ES Toys lists info for the 13th and last volume of SEED DESTINY. It's scheduled to come with an approximately 40 minute "special episode". Also included is "SEED DESTINY The Making", a collection of videos shown at the Tokyo International Forum during the October 3rd 2004 festival premiere event, which included comments from the director, composer, and cast. The release date is February 24.

Don't ask what the "special episode" is. No one knows (I know, it's another recap. Muhahahahahahahaha). We'll see in February.

From Gunota:
ES Toys lists info for the 13th and last volume of SEED DESTINY. It's scheduled to come with an approximately 40 minute "special episode". Also included is "SEED DESTINY The Making", a collection of videos shown at the Tokyo International Forum during the October 3rd 2004 festival premiere event, which included comments from the director, composer, and cast. The release date is February 24.

Don't ask what the "special episode" is. No one knows (I know, it's another recap. Muhahahahahahahaha). We'll see in February.

332884[/snapback]

Two thirds of "SEED DESTINY The Making" would be made out of reused videos from "SEED The Making", right? :p

Cant wait for you guys to posts HCM pro Destiny pics....anyone has links to websites that has detailed pictures of the figure? I found one before, but the figure doesnt seem too promising...jsut want to build up the confidence to buy one by looking at good picturess

My money is the special episode being about the characters thoughts after the final episode but all recap with characters not saying full sentences. "Why did it....." recap scene then "And then he....." recap scene. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a recap of SEED and SEED Destiny from start to finish.

Wow, i was just browsing through gundamofficail.com and i was shocked to discover that before the Akatsuki a.k.a. The Bling Gundam of GSD, there was already another gundam from Universal Century with gold plating? :o

Its stated that the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki from Zeta Gundam. Its even stated in the site that it was piloted by Char! :ph34r:

And all this time I thought the Bling Gundam was a one of kind design that will be distinguished from all the mobile suits in the gundam saga. :rolleyes:

Another thing I was wondering is with the apperance of the DOMs, Zakus, Bling and other unique mobile suit design is there a mobile suit appearing in GSD that is based on the Talgeese 1,2 and 3 of Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz? I really :wub: those Talgeeses especially the 3.

Edited by grss1982

Wow, i was just browsing through gundamofficail.com and i was shocked to discover that before the Akatsuki a.k.a. The Bling Gundam of GSD, there was already another gundam from Universal Century with gold plating? :o

Its stated that the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki from Zeta Gundam. Its even stated in the site that it was piloted by Char!  :ph34r: 

And all this time I thought the Bling Gundam was a one of kind design that will be distinguished from all the mobile suits in the gundam saga.  :rolleyes:

Another thing I was wondering is with the apperance of the DOMs, Zakus, Bling and other unique mobile suit design is there a mobile suit appearing in GSD that is based on the Talgeese 1,2 and 3 of Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz? I really :wub: those Talgeeses especially the 3.

332952[/snapback]

I wish there were some suits based on Tallgeese, but they're all mostly lame versions of the original UC suits. The closest thing is a CGUE DEEP ARMS kit I have that I put a spare Tallgeese II head on. Though the Akasuki is more like a gold plated Strike Gundam instead of being based on the Hyaku Shiki.

Edited by Druna Skass

332952[/snapback]

Whoa....where have you been? We've only been making Zeta references like a hundred times in this thread..... <_<

Another thing I was wondering is with the apperance of the DOMs, Zakus, Bling and other unique mobile suit design is there a mobile suit appearing in GSD that is based on the Talgeese 1,2 and 3 of Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz?

No. We'll let you know if we see one.

332952[/snapback]

Whoa....where have you been? We've only been making Zeta references like a hundred times in this thread..... <_<

Sorry (again?), azrael im kinda new to the gundam universe and i might add to this forum (Note: I might have registered last year, but I dont follow MW everyday.) :rolleyes:

I actually got hooked into gundams in 2000 that was the the first time i saw gundam wing so curretly the only gundams i have seen so far are the G Gundam, SEED, wing & endless waltz. :rolleyes:

So please, cut me some friggin slack!!! :angry: I'm mostly learning of the U.C. gundam series through macrossworld and other websites.

Currently, im still trying to look for copies of the U.C. gundams here in my county, which is very hard to find mind u. ;)

Edited by grss1982

Just watched epi. 50.

Not bad for an ending.

Spoiler:

- Destiny and Impulse is trashed by Athrun, leaving Shinn crying at the care of Luna

- Legend is trashed by Freedom (Freedom got wing of lights :lol: )

- Gill is killed by Rey

- Rey is Talia 'forbidden' son? :ph34r:

- Minerva is trashed by Justice filght pack.

Just watched epi. 50.

Not bad for an ending.

Spoiler:

- Destiny and Impulse is trashed by Athrun, leaving Shinn crying at the care of Luna

- Legend is trashed by Freedom (Freedom got wing of lights  :lol: )

- Gill is killed by Rey

- Rey is Talia 'forbidden' son?  :ph34r:

- Minerva is trashed by Justice filght pack.

333030[/snapback]

your kidding me with the talia-rey thing :ph34r: , right?

From what I'm reading on AnimeSuki it seems that they didn't even put any effort forth in the final episode. It seems IJ and SF didn't take any damage at all. Neo-Genesis stopped by one ship? Now I really do see why there will be a 40 minute special on the DVD. It has to be a redone version of this episode or some long epilogue to end things off. Leaving things open for a sequel is one thing but hell SEED's rushed ending was better then this and had more closure.

Seeing as the episode was a half-hour early. I wonder why couldn't they make it an hour long instead? Or was some other show already having an hour long special which is why SEED Destiny was pushed up?

With that said I need to see the ending anyway for myself. I still held out this last hope that the ending at least would be as kickass as the first episode. I mean it's the last episode, everyone wants their last episode to be great and be something to remember. Not this team and director it seems like from what I'm reading.

Also it seems that Strike-Freedom does some transforming. It turns back into Freedom during it's fight scene for a while. Yeah......effort.

Edited by Effect

So...

Athrun was more of a killa than Kira in the end fight?

At least I didn't see that coming. His payback for being dumped on the whole series.

The Rey bit sounds funny, but why not I guess.

Can't wait to see it, but it's still disappointing to have an ending more rushed than the first series.

Were the Doms at least destroyed?

Edited by Anubis

Aside from Talia, Rey, and Dullindal, I don't think any named characters were killed off...and no one even came close to it, either. Shin and Lunamaria both got owned pretty hardcore (Shin especially), but they were completely non-fatal attacks (since they both came at the hands of Athrun), a lot like when Kira tore Savior apart in episode 28. I mean at least in SEED, Buster got ruined, Freedom got pretty torn up, Justice got destroyed, etc. In this, the only real damage was sustained by ZAFT. Not only that, but it looked like Messiah was taken down just by Freedom and Eternal. It was really a half-assed ending. A half-assed ending for a half-assed show.

Were the Doms at least destroyed?

No.

The entire old cast and their allies made it through almost COMPLETELY unscathed and just steamrollered over anybody in their path.

Freedom and Justice took absolutely no damage at all, Freedom didn't even so much as lose a funnel.

Their sides entire visable casualties were a whole two Murasame's that Lunamaria killed - right before Athrun takes 30 seconds to dismantle Impulse.

Of course on the other side of things, Destiny, Legend, Impulse, Minerva - they don't even make it to the second half of the episode.

Edited by Panon

Cagalli is only shown at the beginning of the episode from what I understand with no lines. Meyrin and Luna don't meet face to face. Luna is still "with" Shinn even after he almost kills her(doesn't stop himself from attacking even when she jumps in front of Athrun to get Shinn to stop fighting). So it looks and sounds like he was willing to take them both out just to get to Athrun.

Just saw the RAW... They left some of the japanese comercials in :D . Do other RAWs have the comercial not taken out? This was the best surprise of the episode <_<

This ending was so... anticlimatic. It's like the oposite of SEED, where you were "Oh my god they killed X!"

Shinn has gone completely down the drain along with Luna. The little bastard didn't stop his attack on Athrun when Luna got in between!! Athrun saved her from being killed by Shinn but later she's OK and all happy to have the cry baby in her arms !! Damn it woman, that sadistic whining bastard doesn't give a rats ass about you if he doesn't mind killing you to get to his opponent :rolleyes: Well, you can argue it was due to the high tension that Shinn lost control over himself.

The Dom's made it YAY!! (don't know why they bothered introducing them for such little screen time though)

Cagalli is only shown at the beginning of the episode from what I understand with no lines. Meyrin and Luna don't meet face to face. Luna is still "with" Shinn even after he almost kills her(doesn't stop himself from attacking even when she jumps in front of Athrun to get Shinn to stop fighting). So it looks and sounds like he was willing to take them both out just to get to Athrun.

333164[/snapback]

The episode was just about getting Rey's, Luna's, Shinn's, Minerva's, Destiny Plan's, Dullindal's ass kicked (in that order). No room left for other stuff.

EDIT:

Other stuff not related to the main storyline that is... Well who knows, maybe all that talk in the last part of the episode was about the weather. Have to wait for the sub.

Edited by Twoducks