Jack Black is......The Green Lantern

from AICN.....

Jack Black has closed his deal. He will be playing Green Lantern in a film that has been described as a “zany comedy version a la THE MASK.” All rights to the DC comic have been worked out as well, so you can expect to start hearing more about this project in the months ahead.

As I understand it, DC Comics tried desperately to dodge this bullet, but ultimately, they don’t have the right to veto something if Warner Bros. really wants to make it happen. This is the problem with the way DC’s deal with their corporate overlords is structured. Their hands are tied. As much as they are aware of the problem with this approach to the material, they just have to sit back and watch it happen along with fans of the character and the rich mythology that has been established over the long run of the various GREEN LANTERN titles.

So let the fanboy hyperbole begin:

Jack Black raped my childhood!!! :lol:

Eh... I kinda hate the Green Lantern anyway. I mean, the GL Corps? Silly. The weakness to the color yellow? Really silly.

I dig Jack Black, but only when he's working with funny people, a la Mr. Show, High Fidelity, or School of Rock. So, I don't really care if they make a dumb funny movie about Green Lantern... as long as it's got the right script, director, etc.

What would actually be much funnier would be a full on Tenacious D musical.

Edited by Blaine23

Am I the only one that doesn't think that dude is even remotely funny?

I find Jack Black to be yet another "fat, stupid, boorish and arrogant american actor". He is very, very not funny. I can understand a bunch of drunk college kids loving his ham-fisted muscial vomit but turning him into a comedic actor is one step beyond.

If you ask me this movie will just be another Jack Black vehicle like School of Schlock rather than be a superhero piece.

I first saw him in High Fidelity, and was instantly annoyed. It really killed me because he was this big fat annoyance in this otherwise good movie. If I had to make a list of top five annoying fat guys in movie he'd be No.1. Number 2 would be that gay dude in Boogie Nights.... :rolleyes:

I like big fat screamin beer drinkin dudes... Jack Black always entertains me. And he showed his ability to really act in Shallow Hal.

I think this Green Lantern movie will kick ass.

No Schwarzenegger = not good movie

Well, in a way every superhero movie is about Arnold. I mean Arnold is the closes thing we have to God, Jesus, or Superman, so the movie doesn't really need to have Arnold in it to have the Schwarzenegger influence.

This news is scary.

I'd hate to be an editor at DC with the mandate to tie into the movie somehow. :blink:

With the other comic movies, even though they had varying degrees of success, there was still enough of the essence of the hero to have some kind of tie-in, even if it was just a cover.

This one seems just soooo way off.

And let's not forget the action figure tie-in. YIKES!!! :o

Well, in a way every superhero movie is about Arnold. I mean Arnold is the closes thing we have to God, Jesus, or Superman, so the movie doesn't really need to have Arnold in it to have the Schwarzenegger influence.

AGent one you are a sick sick man.

You have Arnold Schwarzenegger bed sheets and pillows don't you? ;)

You have Arnold Schwarzenegger bed sheets and pillows don't you? ;)

I wonder how often he watches "Pumping Iron" especially this week since Jim GOld died, the founder of Gold's Gym, where Pumping Iron was filmed.

How could anybody not find him hilarious?

Karate by Tenacious D -

With karate I'll kick your ass

From here to Tianenmen Square

Oh yeah, motherfarter, I'm gonna kick your fartin' derriere, yeah, yeah

You broke the rules, now I'll pull out all your pubic hair...

You motherfarter...

Simply awesome. :lol:

Edited by Blaine23

Am I the only one that doesn't think that dude is even remotely funny?

His disheveled slacker look was cool for about 20 seconds, but now, he just rehashes the same disheveled slacker in every movie he's in.

You're not the only one. IMO, the late Chris Farley is even funnier than him.