Robotech Shadow Force

I don't want to dig up my membership info but Shadow Force sounds pretty lame.

I can't wait for this cross over...

G.i.Joe Ninja Force vs Robotech Shadow Force.

Dick Hunter: "Come on Shadow Force lets Shadow Dance."

Snake-Eyes; "mmmurrpp."

Seriously...while the name sounds kinda goofy....be honest folks. Most of you would piss on it cause you don't like Robotech.

It is our sworn duty and to do otherwise would be dishonorable!

I hereby challenge Macek to a bat'leth duel!

</mixed-cliches>

At least they had the sense to not make the Invid the enemy again, unlike the RPG <_<, and there by undoing whatever message the Invid/Inbit series had. Here's to the Invid having to come to save mankind's butt at the end again.

Still, lame ass name... although I would have busted a gut laughing if it was "Sound Force." ...and "test the limits of their shadow technology ?!? By design, wouldn't Robotech shadow technology only be useful against the Invid or creatures that targeted by protoculture? Or are they taking the Mospeada verison of the Shadow fighters?

I'll watch a show or two to see if I like it, but my expectations are set at zero.

By design, wouldn't Robotech shadow technology only be useful against the Invid or creatures that targeted by protoculture? Or are they taking the Mospeada verison of the Shadow fighters?

Actually...

the Invid in Robotech have conventional sensors. They can detect and use radio waves. They can block HyperComm signals with the broadcast towers. Also, the Protoculture detection gear appears to be something new to the Invid as of the 21st Mars Division's landing. Otherwise Scott Bernard and the others would have known to shut down their mecha to keep from being detected.

Also, the Robotech Masters can detect protoculture emissions (they speak of such in eps. #37 Dana's Story). So its not just tech that can be used against one set of enemies in Robotech.

Well, I don't know what to say. That title is pretty lame soundng and kiddie aimed. That little blurb they give out with the whole using Shadow Technology doesn't really get my hopes up either. The only thing I can say is that now when I read shadow force I think Intergalactic Space Ninjas!

i bet its gonna be like TF: Armada or something like it. somehow there will be three kids along for the ride whos only plot points will be to get in trouble and the main characters have to save them, time and again, with minicons or protoculture or some crap. and combining robots using the Reba West attack.

As a matter of fact, it will probably be HG making G Gundam part of Robotech, and the Dark army will be Invid or Zentradi.... :p

Shadow Force: ASSEMBLE!!!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:p

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

i bet its gonna be like TF: Armada or something like it. somehow there will be three kids along for the ride whos only plot points will be to get in trouble and the main characters have to save them, time and again, with minicons or protoculture or some crap. and combining robots using the Reba West attack.

That looks like the same plot for the live-action Thunderbirds preview I saw the other day.

Shadow technology? What is this, Robotech Vs. Babylon 5?

I was thinking the same thing. God, I'd love to hear good ole JMS on this issue. He never met a challenge to his rights that he didn't love :)

I suppose everyone is just glossing over the fact that Robotech has been using "Shadow Fighters" and "Shadow cloaking devices" right from the original show, eh?

I suppose everyone is just glossing over the fact that Robotech has been using "Shadow Fighters" and "Shadow cloaking devices" right from the original show, eh?

No, some people don't have problems knocking things without knowing what they're talking about.

Well Im glad their is finally gonna be some closure. While i do like the novels and End of the Circle had its funny points (planet that turns into the SDF-01), it was just too whacked out at times. I'm looking forward to this new series and hope this one doesnt fall short of expectations like RT II and I also hope this is totally 100% original, not stolen from another series. When RT was first made, that was the norm, now adays that is the exception and everytime it happens these days the new is FAR worse than the original, unlike RT which was at least adaquate.

As for the name yeah its hokey, but honestly, anime is fairly hokey, especially within the mecha genre. Time to see if RT can actually stand on its on two legs without the assist from Macross or any other series....