auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

Italian absurdity!!! If he sell it at that price i may consider buy a lot of banprestos and sell them in italy, LOL. really. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...5942017561&rd=1

fast translation for you:

Variable Valkyrie model, 12 cm height, fully posable! All 3 modes!!! Beautiful, never opened! ! Buyer must pay shipping costs.

What is this thing anyway???

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...5942988388&rd=1

MPC VF-1S Roy Auction

$192?!?!?  WTF. Get a  1/48 VF-1S yammie for God's Sake.

Damn, I just sold mine and got only 175 bucks for mine. I guess it's a lesson learned that you have to present your auction professionally with lots of detail and nice photos. Oh well...

Well, it depends. On ebay things are real funny. I mean I am selling a buffy the vampire slayer figure and 2 weeks ago I saw one go for $39. Right now I don't have a single bid. Go figure...

MPC VF-1S Roy Auction

$192?!?!?  WTF. Get a  1/48 VF-1S yammie for God's Sake.

Damn, I just sold mine and got only 175 bucks for mine. I guess it's a lesson learned that you have to present your auction professionally with lots of detail and nice photos. Oh well...

Well, it depends. On ebay things are real funny. I mean I am selling a buffy the vampire slayer figure and 2 weeks ago I saw one go for $39. Right now I don't have a single bid. Go figure...

i'd hold on to the buffy figures...those are "sleepers" that'll turn a pretty penny a few years down the road.

so by sleepers, you mean these are the figures with the eyes that close when you lay them down like sleeping.

you smoke lots of crack huh? ;):p

nah man, i mean sleepers, meaning people slept on them when they were in the stores. they don't realize they want them until a few years later, then shell out the big bucks for them. :p

i.e. low viz, its not that old and people sort of wanted one but didn't want to pay $150 shipped, so they slept/passed on them. some folks(the smart ones) stocked up knowing that at one point folks will desperately want one. as soon as people started looking, the price shot up to $300+.

Edited by haterist

Look at this. Either this is extremely yellowed, or Matchbox accidentally released an SDF-1 molded in the wrong color!

No doubt discoloration:

RoboTech9.jpg

Yeah, I was just kidding. But that's probably the worst yellowing I've ever seen. I wouldn't pay more than like $10 for something in that poor of condition.

Anyway, check out the price on this MPC Ben Dixon. Talk about overpricing to avoid eBay fees!

That's too funny. You could get a case of those for that price.

heh,

not really and absurd auction, but the pics remind me of another auction where pics were wrongfully linked

:)

yuck

:lol: LMAO!

i'm loving the pic of the guy with his head shoved up his ass. :lol:

reminds me of a few people i know here. :p:D:lol:

Edited by haterist

heh,

not really and absurd auction, but the pics remind me of another auction where pics were wrongfully linked

yuck

:lol: LMAO!

i'm loving the pic of the guy with his head shoved my his ass. :lol:

reminds me of a few people i know here. :p:D:lol:

The other pic was just NASTY. Is that for real? I'd rather just die and get it over with.

heh,

yuck

uggg makes me wanna puke, crap dude i remember seeing that picture a couple of years ago, i had forgot about it untill now thanks for disturbing my delicate mind again dude :o

Edited by Murphy

heh,

yuck

uggg makes me wanna puke, crap dude i remember seeing that picture a couple of years ago, i had forgot about it untill now thanks for disturbing my delicate mind again dude :o

Ugh crap. I remember seeing that what... three years ago and it being burned into my minds eye for a month or so.

At least it wasn't goatscx'd.

Uggg is right. This is the first time I've ever seen this picture.

http://www.replicable.com/ebay/console.jpg

Please please tell me that's photo shopped. I can see the guys tongue and I think I even see teeth. Someone PLEASE tell me this is photo shopped so I can sleep tonight.

Arg...

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

That picture is fake, for several reasons

A.with a wound that bad in that area if he wasnt killed instantly he would shortly there after blead to death.

B. Look at his left eye no sign of the eyeball or the eye socket.

C. No visible bone, You would see bone, not just a few "teeth".

D. Unless what ever the hell gave him that wound was a creature that lept out of his face, his toung would be severely damnaged as well.

E. The utter lack of blood on his chest and forhead, with a wound that big their should be blood everywhere not just dripping down.

F. The Dude is sitting up posing for a camera no way in hell would you be sitting up like that you wouldnt have the strength, plus you would be passed out from the shear pain and loss of blood.

G. also notice the Blood on the towels and forearm show signs of coagulation and drying out with that much blood the towels would be a brighter red.

H. The teeth, teeth are directly attached to your jawbone, and notice where the teeth are there is no sigh of a jawbone.

I The fakeness of the shadows on his shoulder, and the verry fact that there is someone with a damn camera! with that kind of wound there would be no camera allowd, as he would not be sitting in a room like that, he would be in emergency surgery.

Edited by The_Major

as far as I know, I seen this a few years back, and the picture is not fake. (NOt totally sure. The reason the guy looks like he does, is he tried to commit suicide by 12 gauge shot gun to his face or in his mouth, and what you see in that picture was the result. Im not going to post the website I found this stuff on in this forum, but if you want it, just pm me. THey have to much stuff like this, and I dont want somebody to accidently link to it, and have nightmares. Some really nasty stuff. Makes you think a little.

I think the picture is not fake. It may be enhaced (sharpened a bit). I used to work for the military as a Hospital Corpsman. One of my assignments was Biomedical Photography, and it is not uncommon for a camera to be in an ER. The photo was probably taken after he had been cleaned up a bit. I have seen similar wounds inflicted on people and they were still able to sit up ect. I imagine the guy didn't live that long and they probably pumped him full of pain killers. But it is possible to live awhile with that type of injury...I treated a guy who was blown in half by a gernade and he lived a full 6 - 7 hours after it had happened. :blink:

Rob

a few years back, we had a guy try to kill himself the same way, blew out the left side of his face, he's still alive, but it looked something like this, not as gross, but similar.

----

i've been doing xbox searches for my kid, i think it's absurd what people are

asking for this on ebay,

here's an expample

xbox auction

after shipping, it's past $250, I can go to my local store and get this for around $200 + tax and have it same day.

And that's one of the cheaper auctions I've seen, other's are over $300. I mean, two of the games come with the system. Halo 2 is $50, Xbox with 2 free games is $150, add tax, and you're set.

Also, I've seen the new slim PS2 going for over $200 with the auctions stating that it is out of stock everywhere. Is it? I was just at walmart and gamestop yesterday, and they both had plenty in stock for $149. Am I missing something?

I treated a guy who was blown in half by a gernade and he lived a full 6 - 7 hours after it had happened. :blink:

Rob

Thanks for the info everyone. Monkey-N, I sure couldn't handle a job like that. I can deal with the site of blood but a face that looks to have gone through the same process as a piece of popcorn. This will haunt me for awhile and I only had to see a picture.

I too think it's real. I once worked with someone that was in the first gulf war and he saw many dead bodies. He said what surprised him the most was the lack of blood. Hollywood makes stuff like this far more bloody then it really should be for impact and that's what we've come to expect. When you see it in real life, and I've been lucky enough I haven't had to deal with anything this graphic in person, I'm told it looks fake.

Uggg... Uggg... Uggg...

Carl

a few years back, we had a guy try to kill himself the same way, blew out the left side of his face, he's still alive, but it looked something like this, not as gross, but similar.

----

i've been doing xbox searches for my kid, i think it's absurd what people are

asking for this on ebay,

here's an expample

xbox auction

after shipping, it's past $250, I can go to my local store and get this for around $200 + tax and have it same day.

And that's one of the cheaper auctions I've seen, other's are over $300. I mean, two of the games come with the system. Halo 2 is $50, Xbox with 2 free games is $150, add tax, and you're set.

Also, I've seen the new slim PS2 going for over $200 with the auctions stating that it is out of stock everywhere. Is it? I was just at walmart and gamestop yesterday, and they both had plenty in stock for $149. Am I missing something?

According to the Seattle Times I just read recently, PS2 supply is not able to keep up with the demand. As for the Xbox, look into Costco if there is one in your area. I got mine close to $200 with an extra contoller, dvd remote and Mech Assault.

Hi there,

I saw this on ebay but Im not too sure if this is soze's auction....look at the bottom of the pics.....think the seller stole soze's pics somewhere...

1/48 Roy

nope, that ain't soze's auction but defintiely his pic.

if i know a pic was stolen from somewhere else, i just don't bother bidding. the way i see it, if you're too lazy to take your own damn picture, then its not worth giving that person my hard earned money.