auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

look at the cockpit window area for the valkyrie and you will notice that the canopy looks like it is missing or broken off.

ummm....why?

i mean, it doesnt come with the valk, but people are starting to pay this much for these?

and

WTF

I've got one on these still sealed that I don't want. sheesh.

thats nothing, the same dude sold his previous FP for $100+. :rolleyes:

as far as the 1S you got, you might want to contact the 2nd highest bidder and get rid of that sucker. ;)

both of these worry me , the 1/48 strike parts worry me the most, because a few stupid people on ebay are paying alot i got a bad feeling that the prices are going to get jacked up higher and we are going to all have to start paying more, the MPC worry me bacause I did not realize how many stupid people are in this world. but after watching the news i should not have been surprised. i mean for that price you could get a 1/48 reissue Roy and Strike Parts for it, heck Haterist just bought a Low Viz for about the same price. I still cannot figure why people keep paying these prces for these. They are all probably new fans who do not know much about the merchandise . i myself think people see pics of the 1/48 Yamatos and think it looks like a masterpeice (of work and qaulity), go on ebay to see if there are any up and find the Toynami ones with the title Masterpiece on the box and figure it must be it (Yamato toy that looks like a masterpeice + a Robotech box that say Masterpiece= stupid confused fan spending $300.00 on crap). I cannot believe the 1/60s toynamis are worth far more than the1/48 Yamatos (some even rivaling with the Low Viz), someone clearly does not know the difference between quality and defective.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

canceled auction

well, hope he doesn't relist this again, guess he got worried that it was about to end and max bid was only $50.

Look at his other auctions. There are other low feedback bidders. Looks like shill bidding to me if you also look at his feedback. Also is he really a workaholic?? He must at least have a day off :p .

Shipping is $30.00?

I hope that's next day via USPS.

here is something i just found it was mentioned on this site if i recall, there was a guy with a grilled cheese sandwhich with the virgin mary on it it went for thousands if i remember correctly, i have seen a few more up so clearly it is not a miracle of god. who needs miracles when you can have your very own......

Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese maker

yup one born every minute <_<

Edited by zeo-mare

here is something i just found it was mentioned on this site if i recall, there was a guy with a grilled cheese sandwhich with the virgin mary on it it went for thousands if i remember correctly, i have seen a few more up so clearly it is not a miracle of god. who needs miracles when you can have your very own......

Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese maker

yup one born every minute <_<

Gee, I should put on ebay, my crap from hell... atleast that's how it felt like when I had the runs.

as a cursed item; quotes like "It exploded right out of the box"

my Yamato VF-11 must be cursed the leg joints did the same thing :o:lol::lol::lol:

WTF? The MPC VF-1S is in that much demand?  Ppl need to stop smoking crack.

yeah I know, I've been watching that one. Might be some shill bidding going on here as well. The last one I watched went for $202.

Hell I'll go down to the local anime store and get the VF-1S for $80 and sell it on ebay for that much.

yeah I know, I've been watching that one. Might be some shill bidding going on here as well. The last one I watched went for $202.

Hell I'll go down to the local anime store and get the VF-1S for $80 and sell it on ebay for that much.

Damn....over $200 for ROY MPC??? WTF? I assumed the bidder is new to Robotech/Macross or ebay.

Man, I am tempted to sell mine.

Damn....over $200 for ROY MPC??? WTF? I assumed the bidder is new to Robotech/Macross or ebay.

Man, I am tempted to sell mine.

Holy cow!!! $355 for MPC Roy??? <_< Damn, that may be enough to buy two re-issue 1/48 Roy.

yea we know i started a whole thread on this in the toy section. i cannot figure why a MPC is worth more than a Low Viz with fast packs, its friggin crazy. i have heard of people picking this figure up at local store on discount for as low as $10.00, i am going to start keeping a eye out

must be smoking some crack.

wonder if it will get relisted soon.

winner with 1 feedback.

pft, whatever. people are nuts.

waiting to see this one pop up again soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5934008305

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=5934008305

it says relisted, but doesn't show up yet.

well, don't forget, the mpc super parts pack a were going for over $100. now it's been reissued.

i'm sure rt.com is going to reflood the market with mpc #3 once they finish getting all their returns in :lol:

That insane person just got $28,000. I ask you....WTF would you want a POS like that for? It even made the newspaper. <_<

Religion is the opiate of the masses and, when you look at the obesity epidemic in america, you can see why a religious artifact combined with a tasty snack is such a hit.

Religion is the opiate of the masses and, when you look at the obesity epidemic in america, you can see why a religious artifact combined with a tasty snack is such a hit.

Amen brother... Amen :rolleyes:

Might not be "absurd" :blink: , but did this guy get a good deal?? :huh::huh::huh:

Can someone break it down to individual kit worth?? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

oh brother..... there were probably 10's of thousand's of cups like that at the game he probably just bought his home and says it is the real one. as for the auction before it yea i also saw the massive set of models, looks like there is some cool ones in there but i do not think it is worth it, i would just look arond and grab the ones I really want , it would be much cheaper.

oh brother..... there were probably 10's of thousand's of cups like that at the game he probably just bought his home and says it is the real one. as for the auction before it yea i also saw the massive set of models, looks like there is some cool ones in there but i do not think it is worth it, i would just look arond and grab the ones I really want , it would be much cheaper.

"This was one of the cups that was thrown during the historic brawl from last Friday". That's an exact quote from the auction, except I capitalized the word Friday. Please notice the purposely vauge description. This means absolutely nothing. He probably threw it to the ground when the fight broke out and now he's claiming it's a "piece of history". How can anyone prove it was actually thrown at any of the Pacers? Does it have authentic Ron Artest sweat on it? If so, Ron Artest probably would've bought it himself only to re-sell it along with one of his CDs. He needs the money now. Well, not really.

You'll also notice the seller ended it early before eBay could pull it. At least he's smarter than the bidders. They should all be publicly flogged.