What are you working on?

1/72 VF-111 F-14A. (My "test" F-14 kit before I build a good one--learning a few things about the kit, F-14's in general, and have convinced myself to never, ever try to make glossy intake interiors ever again. Nor bother with trying to get them even quasi-seamless) They're gonna be flat, with seams... Have also almost convinced myself to just paint flat grey, then glosscote it later. Easier than trying to get gloss grey right.. Think I'll get a real airbrush too. Though that Badger sprayer looks appealing... Nothing like external mix, clean-up is everything to me. I just need 1-4inch bands of flat paint applied evenly. Though 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide spray would be nice for gear wells.

1/48 550th F-15E. Not my normal scale, but no accurate 1/72 F-15E exists. Also a quite nice kit overall.

1/72 Blue Angels F-18A. Awaiting SAL shipment from HLJ with replacement canopy.

1/72 F-8E: will start it the day the package arrives. :) Scheme undecided. VF-211 perhaps.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Well geez I only completed my 1/72 Lancer II a little while ago. I have started building the stock VF-1J but the birth of my son got in the way of my work :angry: , darn kids :lol:

Nada... not much. After the VF-0, its been pretty quiet here. Looking for a job - so I didn't want anything to detract from that in case something starts up soon. And trying to conserve money.

Been itching to do my 1/72 Hasegawa F-14A in the Jolly Rogers scheme to put next to the valks, or a 1/72 VF-1S in Roy's colours to put next to Roy's VF-0, but they would take a few weeks.

I was looking at something shorter, maybe a Monogram Viper (I've got the resin cockpit and photo-etched parts) but that may take to long too.

Just kind of in a holding pattern hoping that some of you guys will post to hold me though this dry spell. :p

There are less than two months until Otakon and there's a lot I want to have done by then. Model-wise right now there are two big projects: the first I can't talk about. The other one is my VF-0. I guess I may as well let the cat out of the VF-0 bag. It's more fun that way.

For the VF-0 I'm doing a Gerwalk conversion (full Gerwalk, with folded backpack, deployed arms, extended gunpod) and adding conventional missiles on underwing hardpoints. I'll probably put on a couple AMRAAMs and 2-4 sidewinders. I also want to put at least the ailerons into some kind of slight maneuvering position - I may do something with the flaps and spoilers as well. (The spoilers, however, would require some fairly extensive reconstruction of the wing if I were to lift them enough that whatever's under them would be visible... and to reposition the spoilers at all would probably imply photo-etch. I'd be willing to do that, but I don't think I have that kind of abundance of time right now... Both this and my other Otakon model project are massive pieces of work.)

I'm also trying to get my Hasegawa Battroid fixed up, it hasn't been showable in a long time, which is a shame because I think I did pretty good work on it. I messed up the original paintjob, so I need to fix up and repaint the arms and legs, and somehow match the color of the other parts. It'd be nice to have that available to show. I think it'll be a great year for me at the Otakon model contest, if I get even just one of my two major projects done and fix up one or two of the models that are in "need some fixing up" state, I'll have a bunch of cool stuff to show.

I'd really like to hit one of those "grooves"... I've done a lot of model work in the last few months but I've never quite felt comfortable with it - my ambitions always outreach my abilities a bit and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, too.

man...there I am at the top...a position of somewhat ill repute. Yep...Im a big offender of the "not building anything right now" club. I have a VF11 custom 20% done...a Glaug Booster primed and partially assembled, and a 1000 good intentions and ideas. I promise, as soon as the 1/48 Club M's are done I will be builing one, as well as finishing up my Monkey Glaug Booster and my VF11 custom...after that...hmm...Im torn... Colonial Viper (other Sci Fi section! :) ) or VF2's (SS and J)

Wish me luck...and free time. :);)

Not on the list, and why should i be im not popular :p. but i am working on an 1/6 ARII Misa kit (bridge Uniform), 1/6 Misa kit In flightsuit, Valkyrie Lady Max 1S/Millia Custom, and a Hase 1/72 Millia VF-1J

Now you know, and Knowing is half the battle.

Dont hurt me :ph34r:

Wow,

I made the list!!!!

The Spartan is in a shoebox until I get moved into my new house/job in Sarasota. I'll hit it full force in July. BTW I'll be looking for a small CMM (coordinate measuring machine) arm this year like this photo to reverse engineer some of the rarer kits.

Basically I could trace the arm over say a Cat's Eye model or peices and build a 3D model in the computer to later cut out on the CNC in ANY scale!!! My dream is for a 1/32nd, but 1/48th would probably be wildly popular. I'd just need a donor Tanmen kit.

:)

post-3-1086734429_thumb.jpg

The Spartan is in a shoebox until I get moved into my new house/job in Sarasota. I'll hit it full force in July. BTW I'll be looking for a small CMM (coordinate measuring machine) arm this year like this photo to reverse engineer some of the rarer kits.

Holy crap, you're living my dream!

How much does a machine like that cost?

Damn, if only my school is rich enough to be able to afford one of those for its students. I could spend my life in there and not get bored.

Wow I made the list. However I am not the actual one making the Valk Booster. It is almost finished.....ran into a few labor issues with the guy building it for me <_< , but it is back on track and should be finished early in this month. Hopefully I can get some pictures of it this weekend to post.

Rob MN

i'm working on a 1/144 Gundam Rx-78 GP-01 kit I got about 11 years ago.

One question for fellow members: how do you guys find time to make models?? (especially those with kids)??

I hardly have enough time as it is with school and everything....can't imagine how grown-ups with jobs have the spare time to make models. :o

Wow,

I made the list!!!!

Basically I could trace the arm over say a Cat's Eye model or peices and build a 3D model in the computer to later cut out on the CNC in ANY scale!!! My dream is for a 1/32nd, but 1/48th would probably be wildly popular. I'd just need a donor Tanmen kit.

MAN OH MAN!!! You had me at hello!!! A 1/32 Cats Eye!?!? Sign me up.... (and I know a doner...named...me ...how about we start with the Fan racer though...mmm..1/48 Fan Racer...must make everything 1/48!!! )

Moved to submarines recently...sub models are easier to build and finish (considering I have two children and a wife to care of)

Almost finished: modified Revell's Skipjack and 1/144 Trumpeter's Kilo class.

Macross: in my workbench since a loooot of time 1/100 VEFR-1 in gerwalk mode.

MAN OH MAN!!! You had me at hello!!! A 1/32 Cats Eye!?!? Sign me up.... (and I know a doner...named...me ...how about we start with the Fan racer though...mmm..1/48 Fan Racer...must make everything 1/48!!! )

Hey Jesse,

I love this stuff and doing the Fan Racer would be an excellent choice. We should definately work out the details and a schedule once I buy a CMM arm or convince another friend of mine to loan me his. Then we can make any scale we want of anything we want once I generate a solid model.

Holy crap, you're living my dream!

How much does a machine like that cost?

Damn, if only my school is rich enough to be able to afford one of those for its students. I could spend my life in there and not get bored.

Stamen,

The sky is the limit on the price for these things. I'd say $2K-$30K depending on options. The coolest option is a laser scanner attachment.

One question for fellow members: how do you guys find time to make models?? (especially those with kids)??

The only time I get is after EVERYONE is asleep. I'll have an hour or so to work... but the problem is that you are sleepy too... which makes for sloppy work!

same results here...modeling usually starts at 10PM.

I've got a 1/100 Glaug almost done, but I took time out to build an F-18E for my dad as a gift. For my next trick, I might try to finish the VF-1S that I started on over a year ago... Nah :lol:

Man oh Man, I wish to hell I had time to work on a model right now. I can't wait to finish two I started in January. Wish I could make it to the MW Con coming up , to check out some awesome customs. Like others I am in the middle of a personal project myself. A Mark II , 1966 GT40 Replica. Should be done by august then I am back to modeling, and hopefully upload some finished models pics. Cuz we all know the model section and MacrossWorld forums are the best of all topics :D

post-3-1086797611_thumb.jpg

i'm working on a 1/144 Gundam Rx-78 GP-01 kit I got about 11 years ago.

I hardly have enough time as it is with school and everything....can't imagine how grown-ups with jobs have the spare time to make models. :o

That's why I have a wife, she takes care of the kids while I do models :lol:

Nada... not much.  After the VF-0, its been pretty quiet here.  Looking for a job - so I didn't want anything to detract from that in case something starts up soon.  And trying to conserve money.

Been itching to do my 1/72 Hasegawa F-14A in the Jolly Rogers scheme to put next to the valks, or a 1/72 VF-1S in Roy's colours to put next to Roy's VF-0, but they would take a few weeks.

I was looking at something shorter, maybe a Monogram Viper (I've got the resin cockpit and photo-etched parts) but that may take to long too.

Just kind of in a holding pattern hoping that some of you guys will post to hold me though this dry spell.  :p

My monogram viper has been siting on my desk for about four months now ;) Funny, when I started it I was looking for something short and sweet as well, yeah a box stock viper should be perfect. Oh well. If you are even the slightest bit a perfectionist, this kit will take forever to build (lots of naging little flaws in the kit). . . Don't get me wrong though I'm not trying to discourage anyone! :lol:

Nada... not much.  After the VF-0, its been pretty quiet here.  Looking for a job - so I didn't want anything to detract from that in case something starts up soon.  And trying to conserve money.

Just kind of in a holding pattern hoping that some of you guys will post to hold me though this dry spell.  :p

My monogram viper has been siting on my desk for about four months now ;) Funny, when I started it I was looking for something short and sweet as well, yeah a box stock viper should be perfect. Oh well. If you are even the slightest bit a perfectionist, this kit will take forever to build (lots of naging little flaws in the kit). . . Don't get me wrong though I'm not trying to discourage anyone! :lol:

I bought the SCIFIMOdels.com kit...basically a detailed up recast...very nice and worth the $40..no doubt.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Tigermeet VF-4 (Valkyrie's), and started a low-vis YF-19. I've got a few SMT resin kits on the go, but I take forever to do them because of the level of detail I put in (not always accurate). I've also been kitbashing TIE fighter designs off and on, but have none seriously started right now. The VF-0 I got a while back is driving me nuts looking for a different paint scheme. Anyone got any ideas?