Likely hood of the next VF 1/48 line

rewooh

You think they'll ever do a green kakizaki or go on with the TV style max and CF?

The reason i'm asking is that it would be nice to own those valks, however as it stand right now, they can only be custom jobs, and i don't wanna end up paying alot of money for something that may come out later.

I wouldn't see why not, but I haven't heard of any news from the 1/48 line...so I was just curious as to see what the genral idea was..

Personally. I'm getting sick of the VF-1 lineup.....but my guess is that they're gonna milk that mold for ALL it's worth (wouldn't you?). But, I like the fact that we're getting tons of NEW Yamato items in the future (Koenig Monster, Max's Q-Rau, Zero Valkyries, etc.). I hope they're planning to release the 1:48 GBP Armor........ B))

Edited by UN Spacy

No idea about what the next 1/48 VF-1 variant is. It seems like Yamato don't want to talk to me any more :( .

Anyway personally, I think it's probably a good idea if they give the 1/48 VF-1 line a rest and don't release any more variants for a while. Most people are starting to get burnt out on the VF-1 and I think at least a six month to one year break until the next 1/48 VF-1 release would give time for people's interest to build up again.

For the moment, I'd rather see Yamato working on a larger perfect variable VF-0 A/B/D/S, VF-0 Reactive Armor, SV-51 Nora/D.D./Cannon Fodder version, Destroid Cheyenne and Octos and a resculpt YF-19FP. Just forget the crappy 1/100 scale parts-swapping VF-0S.

I would eventually like to see Yamato release a 1/48 VF-1A Cannon Fodder, a DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki and two seater VT-1, VE-1 and VF-1D. However, we all know that the 2-seaters are a very slim possibility.

Of course I hope they are working on a 1/48 GBP armor set as well.

And then of course there's my wish list of stuff that probably won't get made: -

• Perfect variable VF-17D/S with FPs, in Diamond Force & Miria colors.
  • Perfect variable YF-21 complete new resculpt.
  • Perfect variable VF-22S in Max, Miria & Gamlin colors.
  • Perfect variable VF-5000B.
  • Perfect Variable 1/48 Stampeed Valkyrie.

Graham

For the moment, I'd rather see Yamato working on a larger perfect variable VF-0 A/B/D/S, VF-0 Reactive Armor, SV-51 Nora/D.D./Cannon Fodder version, Destroid Cheyenne and Octos and a resculpt YF-19FP. Just forget the crappy 1/100 scale parts-swapping VF-0S.

Graham, I agree completly.

I'd be too afraid that a one-year hiatus would too easily stretch into an "indefinite" hiatus. . . before we got our CF VF-1As!

But, they'll do whatever will bring them the benjamins. . . or. . . are there faces on yen?!? :)

H

Call me a pessimist (I believe I owe someone a house on this board :p ), but I think they're through with the 1/48 line. (at least, I hope so)

It's my hope that they'll move away from the VF-1 and start producing things like the VF-4 or VF-17 (D&S models). A VF-3000 crusader or VF-5000 Star Mirage would also be cool. I've given up hope for a VF-2SS Space Valkyrie.

Burnt out on VF-1? Hell no. I just started! :o:lol: Seriously, I love the VF-1. I hope to see the 1/48 GBP-01 but even more so on the 2 seater VF-1. A perfect VF-0 would be cool but I need to see Macross Zero. Now a perfect VF-4 would just put me in Heaven. :D I am starting to wonder what happened to the 1/60 Destroid Monster. :unsure: 1/48 Tomahawk etc destroids would b cool,to.

I guess I'm not the only one with VF-1 fever. The 1/48 is like reset button for me, and got me all riled up again. I don't see why they can't finish with the VF-1 and still have other toys. Think of the VF-1s as a funding machine for Yamato's other insane projects like the Konig and that crappy VF-0. My money will go to your valks! Oh and some destroids please. :D

I want to see everything Graham said but in 1/48 scale for M:Zero at 2/3 of the cost. I do want a 1/48 Elint, Super O and VF-1D, but the feasibility of TV/DRYL CF, TV Max 1A and DRYL/TV Kakikazi is much higher due to simple pigment changes and repaints.

But I do not echo ditching the 1/100 cheap lineup. There needs to be at least 2 price points to get as much of the market as possible. If I can get within earshot of Yamato, I would tell them to cleanup the 1/100 or replace it with 1/72 or 1/60 size as their new enthusiats line up, get it out ASAP while M:Zero is hot and get working on that 1/48 Perfect Variable Series at the expense of a mid range product, but cut the price down and up your production to make up for it. And get it out by this XMAS!

And before I forget, 1/48 for M:VFX Licenses too! 1/48 is not too big. I'll ditch my couch and half my furniture for big toys. :D

Edited by Neova

I would eventually like to see Yamato release a 1/48 VF-1A Cannon Fodder, a DYRL VF-1A Kakizaki and two seater VT-1, VE-1 and VF-1D. However, we all know that the 2-seaters are a very slim possibility.

Wait.. We KNOW this? Why? Up until a month ago I thought the Koenig was a slim possibility....

Have Yamato told you in the past that they didn't put too much priority on the VT and VE?

Have Yamato told you in the past that they didn't put too much priority on the VT and VE?

A long time ago (maybe a year ago, I forget) it was mentioned to me that it was extemely unlikely that we would see a 2 seater 1/48 VF-1. However, that was then, this is now and plans do change, so who knows.

Graham

Once they crank out a brown CF 1/48 VF-1 they can give the VF-1 line a rest. It's time to do some new stuff, though I still want a CF. The VB-6 is already on the way. VFX-2 also allows for the VA-3 and VF-17, they can get the YF-19 out finally, then do a second blue VFX-2 variant VF-19A. 1/72 is the perfect size for the VFX-2 stuff.

A new better YF-21 would be great, though Yamato seems to have a serious "good enough" attitude lately, so I fear they'll just reissue the current YF-21FP when the new improved -19 comes out someday. <_<

One would think they'd want some return on the time and cost they spent tooling the damn thing and release the -19 already. <_<

New VF-11 would be great, but the same "good enough" syndrome applies.

First on the new valk list for me after the VF-19 and VB-6 is the VF-4. That would be so good.

One thing is for sure, it's time to stop milking the VF-1 and flooding us with variants. It's time for the other valks. The VB-6 is a good sign for me that they are getting serious about doing other valks. This one actually does need to sell good if it's made right.

The VF-0 1/100 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth after how crappy it is turning out. They really need to dump the sub-shop that designed this thing, then learn their lesson and do better M0 mecha. The low price point sounds tempting but we don't even know for sure how much Yamato will want for it. 30 bucks sounds fine but that's about it for that level toy. The "good enough" approach they have been using lately seriously needs to go, and hopefully soon.

I seriously wonder why Yamato stopped talking to Graham, can it be because we stopped kissing Yamato's ass? The YF-21 was disappointing, and the reviews noted that clearly, and the Q-rau was not welcomed close to as well as I would have thought. A lot of people felt cheated by it's cost. Yes it was expensive, but at least the final product was exquisite, at least the Q-rau itself, no one really disputed the Q-rau looked great. The upcoming Millia PVC figure set is what should have come with the Q-rau to begin with at the price they charged for it though with that crappy bundled pilot. This I believe firmly.

We were nothing but praise almost when the 1/48's kept coming, but we were quite critical on the other stuff, maybe that's a reason? Yamato doesn't want to risk bad reviews? Kind of a slap in the face really.

Edited by Anubis

No love for a 1/48 VF-2SS? 

Hell yes! In my eyes, that is the best looking, coolest, variable fighter ever designed, with or without SAP.

Other things I'd love to see would be (dream mode...ON):

1/60 and 1/48 Destroids

1/60 Glaug

1/60 Battle Pods

1/60 Male Armor

1/60 TV Green Q-Rau

1/60 and 1/48 VF-4s

1/72 and 1/48 VF-5000s

1/72 and 1/48 VF-17s

1/60 and 1/48 VF-0s

1/60 and 1/48 SV-51s

1/72 and 1/48 VF-2JA

1/48 YF-19

1/48 YF-21

1/48 VF-11

SDF-1 DYRL version

etc., etc., etc...

(dream mode...OFF) :p

Edited by mechaninac

....The VB-6 is already on the way. VFX-2 also allows for the VA-3 and VF-17, they can get the YF-19 out finally, then do a second blue VFX-2 variant VF-19A. 1/72 is the perfect size for the VFX-2 stuff.

A new better YF-21 would be great, though Yamato seems to have a serious "good enough" attitude lately, so I fear they'll just reissue the current YF-21FP when the new improved -19 comes out someday. <_<

When will they release the resculpted -19? I guess it'll be just in my dreams.

May be Yamato got fed up making Macross products another reason why the VF-0S didn`t turn out good. They want to make other anime product.

If they made a better sculpt of the VF-0 than the one they're planning to release, then maybe fans won't lose interest in their products, right?

May be Yamato got fed up making Macross products another reason why the VF-0S didn`t turn out good.  They want to make other anime product.

If they made a better sculpt of the VF-0 than the one they're planning to release, then maybe fans won't lose interest in their products, right?

At least they are making Votoms but what about Megazone 23 ? didn`t they mention it before ?

May be Yamato got fed up making Macross products another reason why the VF-0S didn`t turn out good.  They want to make other anime product.

At least they are making Votoms but what about Megazone 23 ? didn`t they mention it before ?

Didn't Graham say that megazone 3, or the mysterious other 80's transformable series went down the pooper?

I'd like to see a Stampeed Valkyrie (and buy it if the sculpt won't raise the price at ridiculous levels).

pretty much everything I want has been mentioned except:

1/72 VF2J

1/60 Destroids

1/48 Angel Birds

I would really love to see some non-VF1's...stuff from M0, Destroids, 1/60 enemy mecha, Macross II mecha, Flashback, M7...M+...anything new please. QRau was a good start...how about some Zentradi Pods?!?!

Graham...sorry they don't talk to you much...if they do I would love to hear how the Rau sold (which might indicate chances for other enemy mecha)

Edited by Myersjessee

Hey Graham,

I didnt know that you liked the Stampede Valk.....That is a good design, but I am doubtful it would come out.

I would love to see the reissue of the YF/VF-19 and a totally new YF-21/VF-22S I am in love with that valk, but I dont dare to transform my YF-21 FP

I like the little VF-0S....but I would definately like something that is a little bigger and doesnt have to be taken apart...but until then, I am happy with what they are offering...it could be worse, they could not be offering anything.

Larry

I would much like to see the YF-19 reworked as they've said they would a year + ago.

I'm seriously losing faith on it every passing month. :o

They are making other good stuf though. The kick-ass 1/100 koenig I think, gave some reason to undecided buyers to buy the 1/100 VF-0 as well, at least I think it does. I definitely want something to compare it with in it's own scale. And the Max Qrau. Wow... looks hella lot better than the milla one I got right now...

I just hope some light will be shined upon the Macross plus line. And definitely as graham said... man, a bigger Macross Zero line would kick arse... But realistically I think it's a couple of years out there, since theyve just started on the smaller scale...

as for the 1/48 line... I dunno... what else can they practically make in it except for milking the VF-1 line? I would love more variety... but knowing yamato, I wont anticipate on anything until they actually show pictures of it. I wasted too much energy for the yf-19. ;)

It worries me that Yamato isn't talking to Graham. Of course, on the other hand, it could be that they have big plans that they don't want any chances of being leaked.

Another thing could be the current going-ons between HG and BW. Maybe they're not allowed to talk about much at all right now and don't want to risk stepping out of bounds.

I'd like to see a Stampeed Valkyrie (and buy it if the sculpt won't raise the price at ridiculous levels).

This can be made as an add on kit ala FP and GBP. Swap out the nose cone if need be. Prices should be inline for an addon kit. I just don't know if its canon or not though.

Enemy mecha would be so very, very nice. Valkyries are great and all, but it seems that all classic mecha toy licenses, no matter which company, goes for the meat of the line and forgets the rest. Glaug, Regult, N-Ger, and the variations on these would definitely get my money before more VF-1s. I'm already loving the first Q-Rau toy ever made (it is, isn't it?). The green TV varient is still one of my most dreamed of anime mecha turned plastic toy wishes.

Destroids of course would be extremely nice as well, but enemy mecha first!

Edited by melancholic