Macross Zero

Oihan

Exactly , if Shin was your common emotionless anime-hero archetype he wouldn´t have reactioned to Edgar absence or when they met in Asuka again.

Thank God for that. One Rei Fukai is enough, thanks. :ph34r:

Just watched ep 4....hm....not many people liked the flying rocks huh? What would Kawamori's froating head say about you guys?

Anyway, it was different, I'll give it that. I guess Macross Zero isn't for everybody. I personally hated Mac 7 and I dismiss it as a Macross product altogether, but that's just me. Same thing goes for Macross Zero, there are those that are absolutely going to hate it, and some who love it, and then some who aren't sure yet, like me.

How many episodes is this thing going to be?

Roy losing his Zero was unexpected. I see a lot of people seem to think (or hope) that the VF-1 will make an appearance because of this? I for one and hoping for it, but somehow, I have a feeling it won't. Who knows, maybe he'll start off with a VF-1A?

I think you're rather exaggerating Shin's personality early in the series, with a bend towards his unhappier side. We get to see the joking, smiling Shin from the first episode on. If anything, I'd argue that Shin seems manic-depressive in every episode. While he doesn't get as much character developement as he would in a full tv series, I've at least been impressed that they dropped the cold, emotionless anime-hero archetype fairly early into the first episode.

I'm exaggerating a bit, yeah. But he's definitely quite a bit more understated, dark, and mopey than he gets in Ep. 4. I think the trouble I have with him is that he is a little bit manic-depressive, and especially manic in Ep. 4, which is somewhat jarring in the narrative. But then again, he just saw boobies.

-Al

I think you're rather exaggerating Shin's personality early in the series, with a bend towards his unhappier side. We get to see the joking, smiling Shin from the first episode on. If anything, I'd argue that Shin seems manic-depressive in every episode. While he doesn't get as much character developement as he would in a full tv series, I've at least been impressed that they dropped the cold, emotionless anime-hero archetype fairly early into the first episode.

I'm exaggerating a bit, yeah. But he's definitely quite a bit more understated, dark, and mopey than he gets in Ep. 4. I think the trouble I have with him is that he is a little bit manic-depressive, and especially manic in Ep. 4, which is somewhat jarring in the narrative. But then again, he just saw boobies.

-Al

Well, Shin did reached first-base with Sara in ep-4.

I mean, he one-ups Hikaru already in the studly-dept.

Might have had a homerun had it not for the bomb.

:lol:

Hi, I just downloaded Episode 4. However, when I try to play it, only the sound works, no picture. It says on the bottom "error downloading codec". Anybody have any suggestions to fix this? I'm somewhat computer illiterate.

do a sarch online for "fddshow"

• 2 weeks later...

why not get it from ftp server 4? i d/l it and works perfecctly fine for me? codecs? try re d/l or get the latest dvix codec. hmm...

zero somehow getting me confuse... every each eps seem not connecting well. which i find hard to understand. comment: is 5 eps to squeeze for whole 0?

So here's my quick hit on the 'flying rocks'....

The Dr. mentioned somewhere about being able to unlock 'anti-gravity' using this technology. Perhaps Sara's singing simply 'awakened' the anti-grav technology.

Has anyone discussed the possibility that Minmay might be Sara's child? That would connect a lot of the Macross 'dots'...

Has anyone discussed the possibility that Minmay might be Sara's child? That would connect a lot of the Macross 'dots'...

Minmay is already about 5(?) when the SDF-1 crashes, and we see both her parents later on in the TV series, so that pretty much nixes that idea.

What wouldn't surprise me is if she was descended from one of the islanders that left for the mainland.

They really need to make a movie edition for this. I wouldn't say make it into a TV series because then the animation wouldn't be as beautiful as it is, but there's a lot to tie up in the last 30 minutes. I like how they're not forgetting the romance. The characters make the story.thumbs-up.gif

Kawamori has never let us down with an ending before, there's no reason to believe he'd start now. Besides, who says vol 5 will hold at 30 minutes?

Dunno about you, but he sure let me down with that craptastic ending to the Macross Plus OVA.

He realised his mistake, luckily, and fixed it in the movie edition.

Just watched episode 4, and honestly, I don't see any problem with wrapping up the story in another half hour. Think about it, with Mayan napalmed, Sara & Mao obviously peeved, and Roy & Shin's Zero's both taken out, all they need for setup is the head & body coming together, as well as Edgar to pop up with some VF-1's for the final battle.

Only real questions are will DD & Nora remain enemies? Who will die (my vote goes to Aries). Will the survivors of Mayan (those left aboard the ship) move to South Atalia? And of course, who will sing the inevitable song that will save the day (by indications here, my guess is Shin will sing a song that will snap Sara out of destroying everything with the Birdman).

All this can nicely fit into a half hour (just take a look at MPlus ep 4).

Ok, my thoughts:

I have slipped this addition on the Compedium about Ivanov:

In addition, he was initially the chief test pilot of the VF test unit series, and so it is said that he defected to the Anti-United Nations forces carrying the VF-0's development data.

That explains something.

Now, I thought Ivanov or Nova said the UN stole the transformation info from them, the Anti-UN, in eps 2. Maybe i got a bad sub.

Well, Shin did reached first-base with Sara in ep-4.

I mean, he one-ups Hikaru already in the studly-dept.

Might have had a homerun had it not for the bomb.

Why is it that a few nukes turns a chick off? Women! :lol:

Kawamori has never let us down with an ending before, there's no reason to believe he'd start now. Besides, who says vol 5 will hold at 30 minutes?

Wrong. Wasn't there a M7 eps called "Basara Dies"? For some of us: Biggest. Letdown. EVAR! :angry:;)

I sure hope the MAC 0's ending isn't gonna be a letdown. Just like most folks here, I too have enjoyed the series and would like to see the series have an ending that is both memorable and classic! :)

I do hope to see the VF-1 in ep 5 but some how i doubt it. Currently watching Macross: SDF. I noticed that in one of the early episodes of the SDF series (could be the first episode) Roy mention that he hasn't been in battle for 2 yrs and the VF-1 are the UN new fighters. But in the Compendium Macross Zero is set at a year before SDF so then again there is still hope we may see the VF-1.

Stuff like this tend happen when you make prequels just like star wars as in episode 4 when obi said he never seen those droids (C3-PO & R2-D2) when he has in Episode 1 & 2.

Hey, VALK-1S, I believe Obi-Wan said that he doesn't remember ever owning a droid which is totally different. He could have been lying thru his teeth about R2, for what reason we don't know! ;) And about the VF-1 appearance in MAC0, it's a possibility 'coz, as mentioned before in this forum, the VF-1 'n da VF-0 were developed concurrently. So, who's to say that we're never gonna see the VF-1 in action in the last installment of the first MAC series.

I think the VF-1 will make a show in episode 5. Roy needs something to fly. The Macross Compendium states that there aren't very many VF-0 out there. I believe there are only 4 VF-0S. Roy's VF-0S is trashed, that leaves 3, I can't believe those are just waiting around for Roy to pilot. The setup seems right for a VF-1S and maybe a VF-1J ;) for Shin. Of course Edgar would have to be out of the picture for a 1J but maybe a 1D if he isn't.

I recalled Obi Wan actually saying he never seen those droids before but i could be wrong. It's been a while since I last watch it. :)

I know there is a possibility that we may see the VF-1 as I never said that we won't. Just stating the fact that Roy said in SDF that he hasn't been in battle for 2 years and the VF-1 were the new UN fighters. But then again Compendium said Mac Zero is set a year before SDF so there still may be a chance which I do hope we will.

Everyone is still so quick to shove good 'ol "Ed-u-gar" off.... since the majority of VF-1s are single-seaters.... need I remind everyone that the VF-1D is a 2 seater fighter and could easily be their replacement (since their 0D obviously isn't flyable)

Kawamori never said he didn't care about continuity, just that he wasn't going to be a slave to it. With that said, and with Macross Zero apparently being a "never happened" sort of incident, he couldn't exactly claim to have fought there could he?

Kawamori never said he didn't care about continuity, just that he wasn't going to be a slave to it. With that said, and with Macross Zero apparently being a "never happened" sort of incident, he couldn't exactly claim to have fought there could he?

Who said it never happened?