SW Episode III: Birth of the Empire

As far as movie titles go, it could have been worse. From The Sun. The best part:

And the highlight of the space epic will be a thrilling lightsabre clash between Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor) and Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen) while surfing on LAVA.

The Hollywood source said: “Anakin and Obi-Wan fight on platforms on the lava. They control these like surfboards.”

:blink:

As stupid as it sounds, it (the lava surfing) seems to fit with the previous two movies. Oh well.

EDIT IN- I realize this comes from a tabloid, but...

Edited by GreatMoose

I thought Episode III was supposed to be "The Creeping Fear"? Eh.....the prequels haven't been all too great anyways and Birth of the Empire sounds a LOT better.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. :lol:

Lava Surfing! EXTREME! AWESOME!

I'm not so sure about the "surfing" part. The first time I heard about these platforms, they were described....

possible spoilers...for the love of god, don't read any further

....more like something you'd find in a video game. Supposedly, the duel eventually moves through the plant/shipyard and crosses an area covered in lava. Anakin and Obi Wan traverse the lava by jumping across a series of these platforms, all while dueling. But like I said, this "report" is just a mix of ancient spoilers and fan fiction, with a few new adjectives thrown in to spice things up. The 'surfing" bit is a new one on me.

I'm not so sure about the "surfing" part. The first time I heard about these platforms, they were described....

possible spoilers...for the love of god, don't read any further

....more like something you'd find in a video game. Supposedly, the duel eventually moves through the plant/shipyard and crosses an area covered in lava. Anakin and Obi Wan traverse the lava by jumping across a series of these platforms, all while dueling. But like I said, this "report" is just a mix of ancient spoilers and fan fiction, with a few new adjectives thrown in to spice things up. The 'surfing" bit is a new one on me.

The one problem I have with this is that it sounds almost exactly like the same scenario for Anakin and Padme in the Geonosian droid factory in epII...

The one problem I have with this is that it sounds almost exactly like the same scenario for Anakin and Padme in the Geonosian droid factory in epII...

Yeah...but they've already beaten that level. :p

Seriously though, I have no idea how it will really look onscreen. The initial report came from an insider who attended the November marketing summit in San Fran, and was posted on AICN. While I have little doubt about the report itself, the wording may be suspect. The descriptive powers of some of the writers who send these things in are lacking at best. Case in point: the recent review of the Appleseed movie. Briarios is "like Robocop, 'n the Terminator, 'n stuff but cooler." Wow, what a way with words.

Lava Surfing!  EXTREME!  AWESOME!

Yep, Lucas seems to have found a way to rip off the Legolas scene from the Two Towers and try to outdo it.

well since that trilogy has out done ( So Far anyway, but how much can it change with one installment left?) Lucas' new Trilogy, i guess he has to do something to try and turn the tide... ;)

Yep, Lucas seems to have found a way to rip off the Legolas scene from the Two Towers and try to outdo it.

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, then I hope to god not. That was the absolute gayest scene in the entire LOTR saga, including all the times when Frodo gazed lovingly at his companion and crooned "Oh Sam..."

well since that trilogy has out done ( So Far anyway, but how much can it change with one installment left?) Lucas' new Trilogy, i guess he has to do something to try and turn the tide... ;)

Well, the LotR movie trilogy ended on a rather weak note. If Lucas manages to end the Prequel trilogy on a strong note, well..it won't erase The Phantom Blunder or Goth Poetry Corner with Anakin Vader, but hopefully Lucas will turn out a more satisfying ending than Jackson gave us.

While I mostly enjoyed Attack of the Clones, and it was a huge step up from Menace, I'm going to keep my hopes low.

hey all,

personally...i think the movies were doomed when they

(A) gave life to jarjar!!! :angry:

(B) killed of Qui Gon Jihn..... did i spell that right? in any event he brought a little seriousness to the first movie. <_<

© cast hyden Christiansen in the second movie...i hate his winy ass!!! should have gone with Rick Schrodoer of NYPD blue. :D

(D) all this freaking CG, makes the films look like a well made up hooker!!! :huh:

one last thing...for MR. lucas, do us all a favor, as far as story line is concerened.

go down to your local block buster or hollywood video, rent Nights of the Old Republic, and for god sake man...take some notes!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:<_<:angry::blink:

If this movie features Xtreme lava surfing, I am not, REPEAT I am NOTgoing to see it :angry:

Doh!.....OK, yes I'll probably still go to see it, but I'll hate it.

Stupid lava surf boards <_<

I just had this mental image of Obi Wan and Anakin surfing lava with the theme to 'Hawai Five O' playing, and Keanu Reeves standing in the background saying "Dude" :lol:

Graham

Eh, everyone here is going to see it eventually.

Surf's up! :lol:

Seriously, think about it... I think at least part of the fight would be on these surf platforms, but all of it? It's supposed to be one long ass duel...

Sounds like the Best Star Wars Movie evAr!

should have gone with Rick Schrodoer of NYPD blue. :D

I also thought of him but he`s too old and second actor to play Anakin IMO was that kid who play Lucas in Sea Quest DSV, he looks a like like Mark Hamil.

He's DEAD.

Chris

If this movie features Xtreme lava surfing, I am not, REPEAT I am NOTgoing to see it :angry:

Doh!.....OK, yes I'll probably still go to see it, but I'll hate it.

Stupid lava surf boards <_<

I just had this mental image of Obi Wan and Anakin surfing lava with the theme to 'Hawai Five O' playing, and Keanu Reeves standing in the background saying "Dude" :lol:

Graham

It's very annoying to see characters staying so close to lava (remeber the Hobbits?) Thermal radiation is a very serious issue with things as hot as lava!! You don't need to touch it to get severely burned. They would be roasted very quickly if they surf on lava!!

That's obviously photoshopped.

Anyway, they should call it Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

That would be cool, since Episode VI was Return of the Jedi... and the original name was supposed to be Revenge of the Jedi but they changed it because Jedi's aren't supposed to take revenges!

Really?

I have heard a few years back that George Lucas wanted to re-edit the original trilogy to fit some of the cast from the new trilogy in (notable Padme and Anakin)... maybe this is his way of doing it?

Although it doesn't make sense... Obiwan appears in the form that he died in... so why would Anakin revert back to his younger self instead?

Man if this is real I'm going to be pissed... Lucas ruined the new trilogy now he wants to go back and mess with the old one and screw it up?!?! BA-HUMBUG.

That's obviously photoshopped.

I posted that pic in the SW DVD thread yesterday and from what I've seen, insiders are saying it's legit. :huh:

And speaking of things that make you go "huh?" check out THIS page.

Wookies rule.

Big man in a hairy suit with limited vocal expression = box office gold.

You can keep General Grevious. I'd much rather have a Wookie Sith. ;)

Really?

I have heard a few years back that George Lucas wanted to re-edit the original trilogy to fit some of the cast from the new trilogy in (notable Padme and Anakin)... maybe this is his way of doing it?

Although it doesn't make sense... Obiwan appears in the form that he died in... so why would Anakin revert back to his younger self instead?

Man if this is real I'm going to be pissed... Lucas ruined the new trilogy now he wants to go back and mess with the old one and screw it up?!?! BA-HUMBUG.

Lucas said in the 97 Star Wars S.E. documentary that movie are never complete.

Hmmm.....

Jedi's lava surfing sounds just as stupid as an Sindar Elf archer shield surfing while wielding a bow...

However....at least a Jedi (specifically Anakin/Vader) can lay claim to using the Force to dissipate the IMMENSE energy/heat that would have burned him to a crisp (remember him blocking Han's blaster fire with his hands in ESB?).

Birth of the Empire doesnt sound too bad....certainly better than Attack of the Clones....