Another TV style Q-Rau Custom

to177

First off, let me thank all my MW members who provided me some good tips and feedback on this project...too many names to list out, you guys know who you are. :) Thank you once again!

After seeing "Phyisoguy's Rau Custom", I was inspired to create one for myself. I just loved the way the TV style Rau looks and figured Yamato was never gonna to produce them and since I have 2 of these, Y not? . <_< So, I took it into my own hands and made one for myself. :D

This is what I did to my Rau:

• resculpted face and added clear visor
  • add a LED light system (ghetto system but it works)
  • sculpted new antenna
  • putty all the original panels lining
  • added some additonal etching to the arms, legs, and face plate

I used the original Imai/Bandai box cover artwork as my references. Hope you guys like!

to177

face - oirginal face was consisted of 3 parts: peg, back faceplate, and front. My new scuplted face will not move/rotate like the original toy. This does not bother me that much since the original face only moved up/down/left/right.

post-4-1084647229_thumb.jpg

cockpit with the "ghetto led system". Originally I had wanted to added a on/off switch. I had many great helps from here but still did not get it to work, did not to take too much time from anyone. So I took it upon myself and made a simple way of turning on/off the led. Everytime I want the LED to light up, all I have to do is connect the "ground" wire to the battery box, and it works! <_< Not the most elegant and beautiful way of integrating a led system, but it works.

post-4-1084647697_thumb.jpg

Edited by to177

Thanks Guys! All your comments and feedbacks are welcome. I was very nervous when I 1st started this custom, afraid of messing it up and throwing away $120 down the drain, but I'm really happy w/ the result now. :rolleyes::D

Edited by to177

Are you going to mod the pilot figure as well, make her into a TV Millia?

That's my next project. But I'm gonna have Millia stand instead of being inside the cockpit. The only reason for that is when I install the battery for the LED, I forgot bout her completely. So when I did put her inside the cockpit, her helmet interfere with my battery compartment and wouldn't closed completely. :(

Edited by to177

Are your decals vinyl stickers cut to the right shape? Like those ricer decals?

Hey Anthony,

They are vinyl stickers/electric tape. It work really great and wrap effortlessly around rounded area and hugged to the shape of the toy, Phyisoguy helped me out on that one. :D They were originally hand drawn then cutted out to be used as stencil template.

Purple one? Is that the same as the Max's Rau that's coming out? BTW, where was that Rau featured in DYRL? I don't remember seeing it. :huh:

Nice work, looks beautiful. Can I add this to the MW customs gallery?

Graham,

I've sent you a PM last nite. If you need the pic to be larger, LMK.

Thanks,

to177