Valkyire fighting space monster!

hevangel2

Don't know about a pinned M7 praise/complaint debate thread. These threads at least disappear for a while, and resurface every now and then. A pinned thread we have to look at constantly.

Like I've said before I enjoyed M7. If anything it was original, can't deny that. Basara got on my nerves many times, but that's my biggest gripe.

And lest we forget, M7 brought us the VF-17 :)

Edited by Anubis

It's a nearly a 10 year old series and we still have people slamming it.

These topics always go the same way.

Let's see...anything happening on this board tonite.....

Guess not... <_<

I poop on this thread.

Pin the damn thing and let it exist as some sort of a "moron-trap" for folks that like to bash it and those that can't help defending it.

Call it the "Keith Zone" or "AgentONE's Macross 7 love-fest" :lol:

It's done wonders with the HG/BW arguments over in the Other Anime forum.

I mean, seriously people, do any of you honestly think that you'll convert the other side? Or do you just enjoy arguing?

I mean, seriously people, do any of you honestly think that you'll convert the other side? Or do you just enjoy arguing?

If that were the case, don't you think I'd be involved by now!?! :D

H

pinned??? why?? Bashing Macross 7 is fun! it's so crappy that it deserves everything it gets.... and by the way, what's the problem with having the same thing on different treads? it's the fun of it that matters

PINNED MEANS PUT AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE, NOT CLOSED.

Why should it be pinned? Because honestly it comes up So many times and the same stupid arguments come up. comments like this

Before I start downloading it and watching M7, I already know I shouldn't have high expectation on it. I knew it is targeted to below 12 audience, so I watch it just as a past time and threat it like yet another super robot cartoon. I didn't bash on the quality of the anime or the recycle of clips, I understand that's just a low-budget TV series. I didn't bash much on the robot design, view it from another prepsective, the mecha is still kinda cool.

IT WASN'T DESIGNED FOR 12 YEAR OLDS. IT was designed as a character based series, probably shounen and above. I don't like repeating the same answers over and over again. This thread

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4039&hl=

is the best thread out there because people made pretty in depth arguments about it. My first post explains the deeper thoughts behind it like Pacifism, and other Japanese themes. Do you honestly believe its a show for 12 year olds when it makes fun of Mylene saying "enjo kosai" to Max in episode 30 (or 31)? You would have to at least be 14 to undestand the whole concept, and probably over 16 to even get a laugh out of it. Most people who bash it honestly don't have a conception of deeper trends in Japanese society. The people who do, I accord great respect to your opinions and I have no problem with you at all. Thats the Drunken Skass'and Duke Togos of the boards. But most just get to the point of "it different, I don't like it", well its different for a reason. If the deeper theme goes over your head thats because you don't understand what the deeper themes are. Which takes a while to explain WHY it is different. If it was pinned at the top we could just point to the thread instead of having to rewrite it. There must be at least one every two weeks on here.

I mean, seriously people, do any of you honestly think that you'll convert the other side?  Or do you just enjoy arguing?

If that were the case, don't you think I'd be involved by now!?! :D

H

Good point! ;)

And yet, here we are... :p

Pin the damn thing and let it exist as some sort of a "moron-trap" for folks that like to bash it and those that can't help defending it.

Call it the "Keith Zone" or "AgentONE's Macross 7 love-fest" :lol:

Well, if it were called "Keith Zone" it would have to be void of logic.

I can live with "AgentONE's Macross 7 love-fest"

Not even going to begin trying to read through all this...

My simple reply based on the title of the topic though:

The Protodevilin were biological representations of the Protocultures technology. A melding of their bio & mechanical know-how. Doesn' t require that much of a leap when you consider that they already mastered altering & creating life, as well as intersteller space travel.

The powers of the EVIL (i.e. non-Protodevilin possessed) were the same as any of their own ships. Fold, barrier fields, & beam cannons. The Protodevilin (energy being) brought with them their additional powers of posession & spiritia draining. Spiritia in itself being the energy generated by all living things, as opposed to the energy generated by a reaction furnace.

There's no out & out magic, just an application of technological science to biological science.

The Protodevilin were biological representations of the Protocultures technology. A melding of their bio & mechanical know-how. Doesn' t require that much of a leap when you consider that they already mastered altering & creating life, as well as intersteller space travel.

The powers of the EVIL (i.e. non-Protodevilin possessed) were the same as any of their own ships. Fold, barrier fields, & beam cannons. The Protodevilin (energy being) brought with them their additional powers of posession & spiritia draining. Spiritia in itself being the energy generated by all living things, as opposed to the energy generated by a reaction furnace.

There's no out & out magic, just an application of technological science to biological science.

Yeah, but they look so crappy! :)

Its not the broad-stroke story that is lame, its the show... I guess the story could have come off good if there were no fruity-buttplug sissy monsters or Elton John wannabe assmaster Basara singing like a pride parade assless chap model. THOSE things are what make M7 fit for me to piss on.

My point is that this series bears so little in common to the original Macross concept that it doesn't warrant the use of the Macross title.

Plus is much the same in that regard.

It just took off in a diffrent direction.

No said direction would not be "good instead of sucky". JUST diffrent. Both shows are good in their own way, as is evidenced by the fact that Mac7 generates enough support to HAVE a debate. From where I'm sitting, it's usually got as many people defending it as crapping on it.

Its not the broad-stroke story that is lame, its the show... I guess the story could have come off good if there were no fruity-buttplug sissy monsters or Elton John wannabe assmaster Basara singing like a pride parade assless chap model. THOSE things are what make M7 fit for me to piss on.

Yeah. What he said.

Its not the broad-stroke story that is lame, its the show... I guess the story could have come off good if there were no fruity-buttplug sissy monsters or Elton John wannabe assmaster Basara singing like a pride parade assless chap model.  THOSE things are what make M7 fit for me to piss on.

Yeah. What he said.

I have no professional training.

Plus is much the same in that regard.

It just took off in a diffrent direction.

No said direction would not be "good instead of sucky". JUST diffrent. Both shows are good in their own way, as is evidenced by the fact that Mac7 generates enough support to HAVE a debate. From where I'm sitting, it's usually got as many people defending it as crapping on it.

I agree that Macross Plus took a different direction; however, the difference between Plus and Mac 7 is that Plus focused on an adult theme and a somewhat realistic military theme. Mac 7, in contrast, focuses on a rock and roll theme, coupled with fight sequences that are comparable to the old G.I. Joe cartoon. As far as the military goes, how is it that civilians have state of the art valkyries (VF-19, etc.) and are allowed to interfere with military operations by singing annoying songs in the middle of battles? Oh, and shooting speakers into enemy fighters to force them to listen to the annoying songs. . . And, somebody explain how valkyrie-mounted speakers function in space. "Sound Force" - whatever.

As far as the military goes, how is it that civilians have state of the art valkyries (VF-19, etc.) and are allowed to interfere with military operations by singing annoying songs in the middle of battles? Oh, and shooting speakers into enemy fighters to force them to listen to the annoying songs. . . And, somebody explain how valkyrie-mounted speakers function in space. "Sound Force" - whatever.

You are giving M7 more thought than it deserves. Just ignore it and hope it goes away.

It`s one of those 70`s Go Nagai robot shows ........ VALKYRIE PUNCH <_<

Plus when Tooty Fruity-19F combines with Soundbooster it`s like Grendaizer when combining with Marine Spazer or Drill Spazer. Also when VF-19F, VF-17 (Ray) & Pinky VF-11 come out from Battle-7 it`s as Grendaizer and the Spazers or the Getter Robo team coming out of their base.

It`s one of those 70`s Go Nagai robot shows ........ VALKYRIE PUNCH <_<

That one was done in Macross Plus too. :p

Plus when Tooty Fruity-19F combines with Soundbooster it`s like Grendaizer when combining with Marine Spazer or Drill Spazer.  Also when VF-19F, VF-17 (Ray) & Pinky VF-11 come out from Battle-7 it`s as Grendaizer and the Spazers or the Getter Robo team coming out of their base.

At least they're in good company. :)

10 years and still worth while

*sits back

491.gif

UPDATE: I've just gotten M7 through unethical means and within an uncertain amount of time I will have seen it

post-2-1083330564.gif

Edited by Nightbat®

This is the end...

Beautiful friend...

This is the end...

My only friend... the end...

Of our elaborate plans, the end...

Of everything that stands, the end...

No safety or surprise, the end...

I'll never look into your eyes... again...

Seriously.

I hate M7. Other people like it. We should just respect each other's positions and walk away lest we all die a war to end all wars. No one can convince me the show is the best thing since sliced bread and my arguments will not sway the die hards that the show is terrible. In the end, our arguments aimed at each other only hit the bystanders... people that have either yet to see the show or are forming their opinions on the show based on how well both sides insult each other on this topic. I am freaking sick to death of all this pitiful in-fighting and bullshot shenanigans. Take a good look at america right now, the country is split right down the middle and it is only getting worse because both sides keep upping the antie... Macross 7 topics are the same way. We need a third party here, someone to step in and shut up both radical sides. No pinned topic because I do not want to read a hundred pages of circular arguments between five or six people restating the same things over and over again.

We all just need to wake up and read what we ourselves are typing about this show because we are all saying the same things we have said ten times before about it... guess what? No one listened or gave creedence to those arguments before so why bother repeating them again? As I end up saying every time I post in a M7 thread (and thus continuing my own circle): WE MUST AGREE TO DISAGREE and leave it at that. No "facts", no "truths" and no "he said, she said's" will sway the two polar sides so give it a rest. To prevent this from happening again I say we all just add this little tag to our siglines:

M7+ For those who like the show

M7- For those who hate the show

But then we would start attacking people on sight because they had the other gang's "colors" flying.

Human nature is a bitch, ain't it?

Agree to disagree and move on with your lives folks, this argument is rip van winkle old and not getting any fresher and there are a lot of us out here in the ether that are sick of it coming up like vomit all the time and playing out the same way every time.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT