Dreamcast Games

Dreamcast games I enjoyed...

Rez

Street Fighter 3rd Strike

Resident Evil Codename Veronica

Gundam Federation vs Zeon (can't remember if that one was released in the US or not, or if I got it from an importer).

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue 1 and 2 (2 was released only in Japan and Europe I believe)

Edited by Pat S

Macross M3 ... :p

Although M3 blows, it would be worth getting for the cutscenes.

Personally I thought Shenmue was incredibly dull and boring. The engine was great and the environments were amazingly well done... But it was still boring as hell.

Jet Grind Radio is neat, but a little frustrating.

What's great about the Dreamcast is that everything's so cheap for it now, any game is worthwhile!!! :D

Shenmue

Tokyo Xtreme Racer

Shenmue

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2

Shenmue

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue

SNK vs. Capcom

Shenmue

Space Channel 5

Shenmue

MS Gundam: Federation vs. Zion (import, but waaaay better than the PS2 version)

Shenmue

Shenmue II (might be hard to find now, but not impossible since it was released in Europe [in English])

Shenmue

Chu Chu Rocket

Shenmue

Shenmue

Tokyo Xtreme Racer

Shenmue

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2

Shenmue

Jet Grind Radio

Shenmue

SNK vs. Capcom

Shenmue

Space Channel 5

Shenmue

MS Gundam: Federation vs. Zion (import, but waaaay better than the PS2 version)

Shenmue

Shenmue II (might be hard to find now, but not impossible since it was released in Europe [in English])

Shenmue

Chu Chu Rocket

Shenmue

See! Even yellowlightman agrees with me! Shenmue is NO GOOD!!!

:p

I really miss my Dreamcast. But once I'll get it back once I return to Manila this June. Here are the games I had with it:

1. Soul Calibur

2. Tech Romancer

3. Sega Bass Fishing (complete with fishing rod)

4. Virtua Tennis

5. Dead or Alive 2

6. Resident Evil: Code Veronica

7. The King of Fighters '99

8. Shenmue

Soul Calibur

Resident Evil: code Veronica

Crazy Taxi

Grandia II

Starlancer

Bangai O

Ikaruga (import)

Skies of Arcadia

Typing of the Dead

Samba de Amigo (with maracas)

Evangelion typing (import; nothing special...but kinda cool)

SFIII 3rd Strike

KOF: Dream Match 1999

Virtua Tennis

Space Channel 5

Shenmue

Chu Chu Rocket

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack (import: how can you not get this?)

oh so many imports....

I'm surprised only one person mentioned Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram. :o

But yes, it sucks without the sticks. Everyone here pretty much nailed the bunch... Well, if you're into novel/love simulation games, there're a LOT, I repeat, a LOT of them.

Oh, and don't forget the much acclaimed Sakura Wars bunch as well. I don't think it'd appeal to many people out there though. :lol: Here's a link the full japanese listing. Not sure if it'd be of much help. http://sega.jp/dc/db/

Edited by rikiryou

uhm...

besides the soul calibur everyone has recomended with good reason...

tomb raider

power stone

powerstone2

looney toons space race

wackey racers

SNESDC

NESDC

worms armagedon

a bunch more I don't remember at the moment and I don't want to dig trough my spools looking. Of course... now that I need to come up with money to close on a house anybody who needs dreamcast games should pm me ;)

I was gonna buy Record of Loddoss War for DC. They wanted $39 used at gamestop, ran low on funds that day. Got paid the next day went back and it was sold :angry: ! It looked like Diablo but was it as good, anybody played it?

I'm surprised only one person mentioned Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram.

More than one person has suggested it, now...

Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram

Phantasy Star Online v.2 (very good even though the online part is down)

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2 (Birthday Pack is cheaper than the normal US ver.)

Chu Chu Rocket

Edited by TwinkiePlatter

Now that we've talked about what DC games to buy, how about a list of DC games to avoid? So far, I can only think of two:

July

Godzilla Generations

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any right now. Any others to avoid?

Spirts of Speed that was a horrible DC title :angry: .

Ohhh yeah, Shenmue was pretty much all I played during my freshman year...how can you not love forklift racing? :D The Sakura Wars games are a really fun dating sim/mecha rpg hybrid and you can get translations for em pretty easily

I'd recommend:

Sakura Wars 3 - best of the 4 chapters released so far, with a combat engine overhaul that changes the grid-based system from the first 2 games. The graphics were so good, even when Sega remade the first chapter for the PS2 they couldn't get the game to look as good. Definitely worth chipping your system for, or getting a boot disc that can handle multi-disc games.

The House of the Dead 2 - face it, the light gun game genre hasn't progressive much and this one remains one of the best out there.

Illbleed - one of the most underrated "survival horror" game that doesn't take itself seriously. Great blend of humor and B horror movies. Once you get over the learning curve (the game uses an original interface instead of being a RE clone like everyone else) and upgrade your characters the game is incredibly fun to play.

Federation vs Zeon DX - comes with an extra disc featuring the original Federation vs. Zeon. Virtually arcade perfect port with better graphics than the PS2 port. As is usually the case, a good Gundam game is import-only.

Soul Calibur - Namco did an incredibly amazing job and this game does not look dated at all compared to Soul Calibur 2 (in fact it looks better in some instances). My only gripe is the way the music is streamed it makes this unholy noise with the DC's lens unit constantly.

I'd recommend:

The House of the Dead 2 - face it, the light gun game genre hasn't progressive much and this one remains one of the best out there.

I still have my copy and 2 Mad Catz lightguns. Nothing like playing a 2 player game with the John Woo style movie look! :D

Edited by Gaijin

I was gonna buy Record of Loddoss War for DC. They wanted $39 used at gamestop, ran low on funds that day. Got paid the next day went back and it was sold :angry: ! It looked like Diablo but was it as good, anybody played it?

Yeah, this game is basically a Diablo clone (without all the mouse clicks) with a Lodoss War setting. The story is totally separate from any of the events in the anime, but it does add some interesting background info. If you dig Lodoss War and Diablo, this game is definitely worth a look.