Some Powered Armor

ah... there it is!

Great design!

I asked about your influences bacause I saw a hint of Shirow on the legs especially the the feet. And some Mospeada (also judging by your username) on the arms.

The head I think is what most people wonder about. Is it purposely suppose to resemble a woolly mammoth? That's how I expected the rest of it to look like.

Anyway great illo, especially the likeness to River Phoenix (circa Mosquito Coast I presume)

let us know if there are more to gander at. A nice additon to this section!

I think it look great! If you wan't to take away the "sheese factor" that may, or may not, be there I would suggest a slight chissling of the cheeks. That would make the face a tiny bit more aggressive looking without changing the great deisgn you already have going.

awesome dude, what kind of brush are you using? Can you give a brief description of your steps? I've colored drawings with photoshop before but I never got even close to that level of quality... how about a little tutorial or "making of" for the fans? ;)

I can't see crap... just a bunch of xs

Me too!

Hey, EXO, how come YOU can see MY pics and I can't ?!

De Niro and Ron Pearlman are there already. The rest are my designs with some features taken from here and there. The guy at the centre for instance, draws some inspiration from Michael Ironside.

The art techniques are different in each case. As I said the first illo was made with Photoshop 7 Brushes and a pencil drawing on a separate layer. The Bad Guys piece is also Phoshop, but it was made from an inked drawing using the same technique that colorists use on comic books (selections and stuff). The third is a very old one, so it's hand painted with acrilics on canvas.

If somebody want's to know more about how a specific piece was made I can give a more detailed explanation, no problem :)

yo LSB love the skillz dude, I'm an illustrator as well and aspiring comicbook creator as well.

Cool! Let's share some stuff! I'm a comic artist myself.

This is an older version of the same mecha. I hope it can be seeing. This is getting so embarassing.

What you call an embarasment, I'd be proud to be able to draw, your are a art god among us mortals :blink:B))

I don't get it... you guys move fanart from here to the fanart section and when it's posted in the fanart section you move it here. Regardless if it's Macross. What's the correct way to post stuff?

What you call an embarasment, I'd be proud to be able to draw, your are a art god among us mortals

Aw, You're just saying that... :rolleyes:

Hah! If you saw some of the crap I draw you'd understand why I can say what I just said and mean it :lol::p

Really awesome!! I actually really like the gorilla head a lot. I saw it was a gorilla right away though i see that it could be seen as a mammoth. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to see the newer design!

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

yo LSB love the skillz dude, I'm an illustrator as well and aspiring comicbook creator as well.

Cool! Let's share some stuff! I'm a comic artist myself.

This is an older version of the same mecha. I hope it can be seeing. This is getting so embarassing.

That is freakin' cool. Just rename it and go for a theme. You could base a tactical game off of your designs. I think some resin kits of your stuff might actually do well.

I can't see crap... just a bunch of xs

Me too!

Hey, EXO, how come YOU can see MY pics and I can't ?!

De Niro and Ron Pearlman are there already. The rest are my designs with some features taken from here and there. The guy at the centre for instance, draws some inspiration from Michael Ironside.

The art techniques are different in each case. As I said the first illo was made with Photoshop 7 Brushes and a pencil drawing on a separate layer. The Bad Guys piece is also Phoshop, but it was made from an inked drawing using the same technique that colorists use on comic books (selections and stuff). The third is a very old one, so it's hand painted with acrilics on canvas.

If somebody want's to know more about how a specific piece was made I can give a more detailed explanation, no problem :)

Try re-attaching them as RGB jpegs. Right now it's CMYK and for some reason some computers can't read those.

Try re-attaching them as RGB jpegs. Right now it's CMYK and for some reason some computers can't read those.

Yep, Internet Explorer (PC) will not show CMYK jpgs. Most PC programs won't show them at all, except Photoshop and a few others. It's a Mac vs. PC thing.

If you're using photoshop, I recommend the "save for web" feature. Makes compressed, quality images that anyone can see.

BTW - very, very professional work, LSB. Great designs, but I'm most knocked out by your style.

Great work! Show us more.