The most you spent on your hobby

APU

God, I would max out my credit card for a complete G1 Predaking.

I have a G1 Bruticus that I bought for $80 complete, but Predaking is the ultimate Transformer combiner.

If only Takara would make a BT combiner, imagine how awesome that would be ;)

man everbody else spends way more than I could ever dream of doing. :o The most expensive toy I have ever bought was the VT-1 1/55....and paid about $400.00 for it. Then I bought an autographed Gold Movie Book for $400.00. Sold both of them though...

Currently the most expensive toy I have bought (That I still have is) a B-Club resin Kit of the Android from Mario M-66 Black Magic (mario). I paid about 14000 yen for it MIB un-assembled. And the Space Battleship Yamato Soul of Popynica - Big Scale - $198.00.

ROb MN

Man oh... Man, my hobbies are killing me as well :( , most of my most expensive stuff is outside the Macross universe and mainly Gundam, the most I spent on macross so far is about $110.00 (1/48 VF-1S Roy). I think I am going to be adding a Musha Knight Gundam to this set real soon.

1/100 G-System Plan-303 Deepstriker $450.00

1/144 Dendrobium $200.00+

1/100 B-club Crossbone Gundam X-1 $180.00

Gundam Fix Clear RX-78 Gundam Box Set $200.00+

NEO GEO arcade Machine $400.00

Gundam Musha RX-178 MK-II $170.00

Gundam Musha Heavy Command Gundam $180.00

Pefect Grade Zeta Gundam $180.00

Perfect Grade Wing Gundam Zero $180.00

Perfect Grade MK-II Titan $150.00

i will not even mention the Gundam Fix figures and Master Grade and other things I have collected over the years ,because they are under the price of these. We should do a post with a total list of what we have or at least the estimated value of it. :)

$11,800.00 for a 2000 Mazda Miata. Not a hobby, but I've been wanting one for years, and you could consider it a toy.

$182.00 for a VF-1J w/FP, shipped. Love the thing but I've promissed myself I'll never spend that much for a hunk of plastic again.

Edited by mechaninac

most on a toy,

whatever price i paid for the vf-1j w/fp's...$180? :unsure:

but soon it'll be the LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer....$300. :blink:

best deal,

nothing, i'm always getting robbed. :lol:

most i spent on one thing,

$8800 to move into a studio apartment in NYC. 6 months rent, plus one month security deposit, and $1800 for the brokers fee. :angry: it doesn't pay to move into the city with no credit history. :p

on the plus side, i now pay $800 for a 2-bedroom. B))

Most expensive toy I bought was $250 (if memory serves me correct... I bought in 1998) for the Voltron/lionbot MIB from Korea (the one with gold instead of silver).

Either that or the $150 Battleship Yamato Popy Chogin.

My most expensive Macross? The VF-1J Hikaru FP for $175 at VE. :D

The macross toy I felt the most ripped off? Paying full price for the Rick MPC. :angry:

My most expensive electronic? my 36" Sony HDTV for $1300. B))

Dear Godzilla. It seems that your MW membership is about to expire. Please fill out all necessary information so that you may further enjoy your membership.

Real Address:

Credit card number with the least balance but most credit (and don't forget that security number that some online store asks for):

Expiration date of credit card number with the least balance but most credit:

SSN:

:D

In case your not aware, this is a joke!

Dear Godzilla. It seems that your MW membership is about to expire. Please fill out all necessary information so that you may further enjoy your membership.

Real Address:

Credit card number with the least balance but most credit (and don't forget that security number that some online store asks for):

Expiration date of credit card number with the least balance but most credit:

SSN:

:D

In case your not aware, this is a joke!

:lol:

Let's see... about 6-7 years ago I bought a Takatoku VF-1S 1/55 for 550.00 at Wizard World Chicago. Then 575.00 for a 1990 Bandai Super VF-1S of off ebay. At the time they were going for 800.00 to over a 1000.00. But the box was slighty messed up but toy was mint. 275.00 for a 1/55 Hikaru VF-1J of off ebay. 200.00 for a Destroid Conversion Kit. I was living at home with my parents at the time, working full time and no real bills. So it was easy.

I live on my own now, work full time and have bills, mortgage etc. I've sold off the vintage stuff(to lose some money due to reissues and crap economy etc) to buy other Macross stuff. I did have almost all of the 1/60's but sold those off to buy 1/48s. The only thing I've bought recently that was overly expensive was the 12 inch Guts figure from Berserk. 180.00 aprox. I only bought that due to a loan I got. After buying the Q-rau and whenever the YF-19FP comes, I'll be done with Macross stuff I think. Of the known Yamato products, nothing interests me. The CM figures vol 2 I'm buying though.

most on a toy,

whatever price i paid for the vf-1j w/fp's...$180? :unsure:

but soon it'll be the LEGO Imperial Star Destroyer....$300. :blink: ))

Oh man, I forgot about that thing.... I guess that's the most expensive thing I've bought at once....

No, hang on.. I bought the B-Club Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crash books, with a couple other books for $360 plus shipping. Forgot about that....

$4,500 4 my 67' camaro

Most expensive macross purchase... $90 for my 1st matsushiro complete from vermillion one. Granted... I have a lot of macross suff worth a lot more... I just didn't pay that much :rolleyes:

now if you factor in my collection of sharp pointies and other crap and how much I trade... Perhaps my most expensive macross goodie is my rob beer resin as I sent a psx2 and a bunch of other crap to spain. In fact... another box is about to get sent :blink:

stupidest investment... I had the first three sets of magixc complete with tons of rare doubles like the mox when it first came out. I paid maybe $300 and sold it all for $500 maybe a year later [beer money :rolleyes: ]. A FRIGGIN mox goes for $500 now!!!!! Anyways... lets just say the first 5 sets of pokemon complete didn't increase in value anywhere near how I hoped :blink: . Maybe in 30 more years... but I doubt it :(

probably when I got the

1/48 Super VF-1J and VF-1S reiss from VE (youch!)

both at once kinda hurt!

that was probably $300+. but well worth it!

let's see, I just spent $800+ on my

Last Legend Tsunami 306.

now Iai classes are $55/month.

I got an $800 1/55 VF-1J Millia...

then another $650 one...

They both sold for a fraction of the price I paid though... no thanks to the Bandai re-issues. :( But I didn't really buy them as an investment, had I known that Macross goods would be plentiful, I would have saved my money.

This is just an approximation as far as I remeber:

1/48 VF-1J with fast packs $180

1/48 VF-1S with fast packs separately $190

1/60 VF-1S strike $90

1/60 VF-1J super $100

1/60 VF-1J Max and Millia $75

1/60 VF-1A Hikaru $60

1/60 VF-1A Cannon Fodder $60

1/60 Elint and Ostrich $140

1/55 VF-1S with armor $50

1/55 VF-1J $60

1/55 Max and MIllia combo $200

1/55 VF-1A Hikaru $50

1/55 VF-1A Cannon Fodder $50

1/55 Original Jet Fire $100

Matchbox SDF-1 $150

MPC Rick $60

MPC Roy $60

MPC Max and Millia $120

MPC Cannon Fodder $50

MPC 3 sets of fast packs $90

Toynami I Men $35

Toynai Minibust Roy/Rick/Max $75

Superposeable Alpha set + toyfare alpha $75

Superposeable 1st generation $50

Superposeable last stand and trainer $40

Mospeada Scott Bernard Cyclone big one $200

Grand Total $2410

OMG :blink::blink::blink::blink:

That's where all my $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ went

Hmmm....

VF-1J Super: $170 (came with DYRL DVD)

Enigma custom paint job: $300

1/48 Decal set with some customization: $45

Having the end-all, be-all VF-1 for the rest of my life: utterly priceless.

Other stuff:

Kenjutsu gi, hakama, and bokken: $170

Paul Chen Musashi Katana, for same: $527

Warhammer 40K, various Eldar (space elf) models: $900

TAG Heuer 2000 watch: $420, from eBay. Wanted one for years.

Ouch. Time to slow down. But the nifty thing is, I'll get use out of all of it for years. So, no regrets.

Well, Let's see...

MIB Green Gakken Alpha Fighter $300+ shipping

Mospeada Ride Armour large version $200 I think.

1st Issue Yamato 1/48 $140 I think.

Tons of Transformers

PG Zeta Gundam $200 (wedding Present) B))

All my toys are in seperate bags up in a closet until I get something to display them in. I moved recently and the apartment I was in had shelves to display the toy love. Oh well my new house is better in other ways. But I'm poor after dropping the humongous down payment. I havn't bought a toy in months.

Patience...Patience...

It seems the largest amounts paid for Toys is on the Elintseekers. Yamato needs to make a 1/48 Elintseeker.

$10,500.00 for my 24's on my 2003 ESV Escalade! and my wife think's they're the stock rims ;) I hope she doesn't see this! Oh another couple thousand on my airsoft hobbie!!!

\gene

gene, i bow down.

i've spent about 3k on the car and it looks stock too, lol.

1. Toys = $0

2. Photography Equipment = $1,000

Although, my digital camera was stolen recently. :(

3. Backpacking/traveling the past 3 years = $10,000

But if you combined all my trips, the total travel time would amount to a one year continuous trip spending $27.40 per day on average.

Edited by J A Dare