Strike a pose!

Wicked Ace

• 4 weeks later...

What's wrong with having a swastika on a mech?

i'm sure he doesn't mean any harm...it's historically accurate. nazi mechas were our biggest obstacle in WWII. right?

Edited by xsjado

Well I think we should all acknowledge that having a wall tapestry of a swastika or glorifying it in some way would be a big no-no. Having swastikas on mechs, toys, or whatever is just a way to denote "bad-guy" and that shouldn't be an issue IMHO.

:o How did you do that?!?

Even though the pic really doesn't show it, my Hik' is a hunched forward quite a bit.

To get the legs to sprawl out like that, you'll need to:

1) Bend the upper leg joint forward,

2) Bend the knee joint back as far as possible,

3) Move the kneecaps forward and out of the way, and then

4) Swing the lower legs out to the sides at the knees.

To give you a better idea of what I'm describing above, here's a closer pic of the leg set-up:Pic Link.

That pic was taken over a year ago (mostly to show off the leg art sticker(s)), but it'll give you an idea of how to set up and position the legs.

Edited by Mog

Well I think we should all acknowledge that having a wall tapestry of a swastika or glorifying it in some way would be a big no-no. Having swastikas on mechs, toys, or whatever is just a way to denote "bad-guy" and that shouldn't be an issue IMHO.

I would say that's quite personal don't you think, both my grand parents en 3 of their children were murderd by nazi's in concertration kamps (i am dutch).

my "bad-guy" toys will never have swastikas on them. But i won't judge the one's who do though..

today is may 5th (liberation day) and we (the dutch) are celebrating the liberation of the Netherlands from nazi opression.

Nothing personal, just strange for us europeans to see those things on toys..

Edited by gilermo

SO i, the self proclaimed most kick ass Battroid poser shower off thinghy guy have blessed you all

with another outstanding photo from my wonderful collection. :ph34r: Sorry about the display window glare.

IPB Image

ded set SEXHY.

Imagine Hikky had to follow a tunnel downwards (not shown in DYRL? of course!)

before he had to jet it straight all the way to the floating head of sucky.

Decending angel of DUUM!

Also you could save the pic and rotate it and imagine the battroid sliding on a slant.

ohh and i got my GBP'd Hikky 1J displayed differently as well

(had to take alot of the other cool stuff from in front of it) -->

IPB Image

gah! that came out really blurry, stupid digital zoom.

Notice the back leg is bent a certain way to acheive a more dramatic pose.

If i wanted a "missiles ready to pop" display i'd place Hikky GBP in a more suitable and

even pose. But this pose is nice, ready to splater a Zentran Scout cockpit outer frame

with a booster assisted punch. I will take a better pic later. Not happy with the blur. : /

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

the upper torso part of your VF-1S Hikkie looks awesome but IMHO, the legs should be stretched outward or something similar needs to be done to the legs to accentuate that excellent hand pose.

anyway, nice collection you have there!

the upper torso part of your VF-1S Hikkie looks awesome but IMHO, the legs should be stretched outward or something similar needs to be done to the legs to accentuate that excellent hand pose.

anyway, nice collection you have there!

Hey aaajin! Yeah if you want the normal run-of-the-mill battroid spread leg pose the outstretched legs

would be the better option. It's a Super'd Battroid, it doesn't need the leg thrusters assistance, the way

i see him going down that 'tunnel' would be using the back thrusters. He's going down there extremely

fast, and the way i see it the leg thrusters aren't powerful enough to sustain the speed the way he was

jetting down that 'tunnel' lol. 'Sustaining', meaning he uses the back thrusters to quickly stop him after

a quick venier direction change, use the verniers again to flip him around, and then ready himself for the

change back to fighter mode. Nice smooth continuous speed. :D

It's good fun imaging here. :lol: IMO it looks sweet having the legs closer together, making it 'look'

more like he's descending, rather than Roy jetting through trying to save Hikaru and Minmay and

then landing like a big goof and forgetting how to pull the gunpod trigger. <_<

Using the leg thrusters imo would be to use quick bursts to change back into the other two modes.

This pose i imagine would only be used breifly.

And for the 'lean' i wanted and to save space i went the more dramatic option.

It was hard to get the 1S to stay upright leaning in this pose! ^_^

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

what a lame excuse <_< ...you just want to save more space so that you can put more 1/48s in there right?...

j/k :lol:

lol, no more 1/48's on that shelf i promise. :lol:

Hiks flying! He's not on solid groundddddddddd, why do you people hate mee!!!? :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few pics of my 1/60 YF-19. I used a Pilot G-2 05 mechanical pencil for the panel lines. Props to takatoys for the sticker sheet. I also have my old 1/72 for comparison.

IPB Image

(Quoted to prevent redundant image quoting)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Nice pics, although one might argue that they don't really show any posing action, but who cares what pic thread they're in. :p:)

The last pic really shows how much of an improvement the 1/60 sculpt is over the 1/72.

Thanks for the comments, guys. I waxed the dinner table a few months ago, and it looks like it's held its luster. On the side profile pics, I disabled the flash, which resulted in the mirror-like reflection. The overhead pics had the flash on, which muted the reflection (and a bunch of details on the YF-19) and showed more of the table.

Of course, I should've disabled the flash on those pics, but I didn't have a tripod available. Tomorrow, I'll continue the pictorial with Gerwalk pics - this time, with a tripod and no flash.

Time for some Gerwalk pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

And now for the Battroid pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

hahaha! Nice catch on the Gunpods...

You should take both gunpods on, put it on your 1/60 and strike a Rambo pose!

Yeah, why didn't I think of that? I'll try it out on the next pictorial. Besides, I messed up on the Battroid transformation (notice the cockpit not inside the backpack). And I did the panel lines while it was in fighter mode; thus, I missed a few spots.

Unfortunately, the 1/72 gunpod is not compatible with the 1/60's hands. So I dusted off my 1/48 GU-11 gunpod and came up with these pics.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image