Whoa! New Transformer!

ComicKaze

Earlier this morning, Diamond Distributors accidentally posted an image of next month's Toyfare on their website and on the cover were Cobra Commander, Skeletor, and right in the middle a ridiculously awesome looking robot with a VF-1J head to die for.

Yes, it was a Shockwave homage and even I, who admit to completely detesting BW/BM/Armada/Energon for having nothing but ugly designs in their toylines, I who am a huge anime mecha head, declare this to be good. The only problem is that he doesn't appear to have any molded hands but a square block that is supposed to be a fist or something.

Unfortunately, Toyfare says it was an accident and don't want people showing an image of the cover so the best I can do is make a teaser picture for you. This head reminds me of the VF-3000 slightly. It would look awesome on a Valkyrie but it has too many detail lines and extra mecha kibble to work on the sleek/simple VF-1s. I remember as a kid, when I played with my toys, the Taka 1J and Shackwave (yes I had a Taka 1J but had a crappy bootleg Radioshack Shockwave Galaxy Defender or whatever his name was) were the same height and size and shared the same head design so they were brothers.

vf-3000-battroid.jpg

post-26-1075162758_thumb.jpg

I agree with Agent, the sketch looks like a complete ripoff. However the cover of the magazin had a better pic, even though it was only from the waist up.

Uh, good thing that sketch is a complete ripoff seeing as how it's a sketch of the VF-3000... :lol:

Quit teasing us man! I want to see it!!!

Vostok 7

Whether Shockwave is cool or lame can be answered by the following question: Does he fold into a gun?

I swear, if they neutered the great and mighty purple one out of political correctness...

This isn't another Megatron that they can do with as they please. This is SHOCKWAVE.

Whether Shockwave is cool or lame can be answered by the following question: Does he fold into a gun?

I swear, if they neutered the great and mighty purple one out of political correctness...

This isn't another Megatron that they can do with as they please. This is SHOCKWAVE.

Yeah, it'd be as bad as if they made Soundwave into an iPod*!!!

But I can see where it bears similarities to the VF-3grand, at least from that angle. The head looks alot like it.

*although there is no doubt that would be evil.

I'd only buy it if he turned into a gun. I'd say shockwave would be ok to transform into a gun because he looks nothing like a real gun. He's more of a space gun than anything. We see alot of space guns out there for kids to play with, ie star wars blaster rifle, or han solo's blaster. So there shouldn't be a problem with soundwave. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

How dare they make shockwave look so crappy :angry:

Looking good! I'd actually prefer it if his alternate mode was a jet and not a gun, but either one would be cool.

BLASPHEMY!

Man, the fun I had with mine way back in the day. I even managed to not lose the gun barrel before the robot broke.

I am just so completely underwhelmed... he looks like a horrible bastadrization of a VF-1j. Does anyone else think this new energon line is just awful so far, or is it just me? At least the new galvatron/megatron looks pretty cool.

My issue with shockwave and most of the other energon toys...

1. they don't have hands... they have clubs for arms with a hole in em for sticking things colored transparent plastic things in.

2. The colors are so garish and kindergarden... bright yellow, bright purple, they're like teletubies that transform.

3. lazy transformations... ironhide's head is just sitting there in truck mode!

At least the binaltech/alternator line is here... otherwise, I think I would be with graham and ditch the transformer line.

Awwww come on guys. TFers have a long and prestigious history of knocking off japanese toys lines, Diaclone, dorvack, macross, beatris, microchange. ;):lol:

far as i kno all the g1 transformers were repainted and repackaged from prexiting toys, they basicly made a series to sell the toys

<_< If you take a look at all the recent Transformer Cartoons, you don't see either side really use guns either. Could be an element of PCness thrown in.

Awwww come on guys. TFers have a long and prestigious history of knocking off japanese toys lines, Diaclone, dorvack, macross, beatris, microchange. ;):lol:

far as i kno all the g1 transformers were repainted and repackaged from prexiting toys, they basicly made a series to sell the toys

yeah, I can't remember what series Omega Supreme and Shockwave were taken from but those were also ripped from a japanese toy line. Truth is the transformers cartoon/comic was a 30 minute comersial to sell the latest in japanese imported toys.

yeah, I can't remember what series Omega Supreme and Shockwave were taken from but those were also ripped from a japanese toy line. Truth is the transformers cartoon/comic was a 30 minute comersial to sell the latest in japanese imported toys.

the coolest thing about the toys made was that most are from the same manufacturer... takara, and the robot designs from bandai and taka... irc was allowed to be used in toy line but not in show.

man, i dunno if i like the look of him. i always really thought Shockwave was one of the mose bad ass transformers (more so than mega tron)

hes big, purple, has an ominous glowing eye that blinks when he talks, and he sounds like a heartless killing machine. and i liked the way he transformed into a gigantic gun, (not a little gun like megatron) because he wasn't "redesigned" on earth he was simply an un-compromising death-bot from outerspace. f-ing cool.

i don't think i like the light mish-mash of colors they have on him now, that white band across his chest was always so distinctive, now hes got a light grey fuslauge with camo pannels? ew.

i think wolverine sums it up

post-26-1075223943.jpg

Meh.The only current TF line that is interesting are BT/alternator and MP Prime. The rest either have ugly design or ugly colour, and they usually have both. What's up with this US toy trend of using puke colour like lime green and purple all the time?

Meh.The only current TF line that is interesting are BT/alternator and MP Prime. The rest either have ugly design or ugly colour, and they usually have both. What's up with this US toy trend of using puke colour like lime green and purple all the time?

Well, Shockwave was purple to begin with :p

• 3 weeks later...

Shockblast looks awesome (in bot mode at least), but that Omega Supreme looks like a big mess. I can imagine how much worse it will look when combined with Voltron Prime. To be honest though I never liked the original Omega Supreme either.

I'm liking Bulkhead (the chopper). The colors aren't too garish and it seems to be transformed in a more appealing way than the protoype was in some earlier pics.