Harmony Gold & Toynami releasing DYRL? Toys

Duke Togo

If the DYRL Super Posables actually get released, could they be paving the way for DYRL MPCs in the near future?

Toynami MPC VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valk anybody?..............something to think about.

Graham

I see it putting pressure on BW to finally let Yamato deal with HG to release their DYRL? merchandise internationally.

Edit: shoulda' read the next post.

If that equals to cheap Yamato toys with Macross on the box.... then it equals to happy fans.

Now... if that means Yamato toys with Robotech on the box.... then it equals to fans carrying pitch forks and torches. :lol:

I wouldn't care if Yamato toys were sold at domestic prices, even if it did say Robotech on the box. Hell, I wouldn't care if it said Strawberry Shortcake. As long as the toy inside was the same as the Japanese versions. ;)

The only tox boxes I really dig are the old Taka/Bandai and the Hasegawa boxes. Yamato boxes are kinda dull and don't feature that groovy old skool art.

If the DYRL Super Posables actually get released, could they be paving the way for DYRL MPCs in the near future?

Toynami MPC VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valk anybody?..............something to think about.

Graham

I see it putting pressure on BW to finally let Yamato deal with HG to release their DYRL? merchandise internationally.

If that equals to cheap Yamato toys with Macross on the box.... then it equals to happy fans.

Now... if that means Yamato toys with Robotech on the box.... then it equals to fans carrying pitch forks and torches. :lol:

I wouldn't care if Yamato toys were sold at domestic prices, even if it did say Robotech on the box. Hell, I wouldn't care if it said Strawberry Shortcake. As long as the toy inside was the same as the Japanese versions. ;)

The only tox boxes I really dig are the old Taka/Bandai and the Hasegawa boxes. Yamato boxes are kinda dull and don't feature that groovy old skool art.

Yeah... those Hasegawa boxes are cool, aren't they? :D

Graham

Let's hope they don't neuter those head lasers, much like the way Hasbro destroyed Takara's long stacks. :blink:

Graham

The question for most fans is not if HG has the rights or not.... its wether HG is willing to bring that stuff over without changing it into RT or messing around art work and such. And as long as BW and SK are getting some of the dough.... no one here will complain about anything.

I was talking to someone over PM about this. BW letting HG handle their merchandise, especially that outside of SDF is like letting Michael Jackson babysit your little boy.

BW put a lot of time and effort into creating an original and well nurtured property, why would they want a bunch of bootleggers with no original bones in their bodies represent them to the rest of the world. I heard people say BW is just being stubborn. I say, Hell yeah! Would you think BW would be resisting this much if HG had great merchandise that sold well? Would anyone pay good money to have someone else distort their products? Quality property deserved quality handling. There's enough bootleggers out there for the crap.

:D I'm not giving my opinion unitl someone puts up a new Holy Floating Head photoshop. A good one.

I would like to accomodate you here, but I don't have a good shot of the Hory Froating Head to work with. :lol:

I can't believe this is still being talked about. I realize the magnitude of the news here, but this is just a lot of chatter now isn't it?

Do you think we will hear anything from anyone who really knows how this happened and what it will mean for future Macross products?

I for one don't claim to be a purist, but I would hate to see Macross products with a Robotech label slapped on them... I think there is room for both productions, but let's keep them separate.

You know whats odd... something that big.... wouldn't it cause all sorts of RT ppl to pop up in here and start rubbing against MW fans faces? :huh:

No. Why would they do that when they can bitch about you guys behind your backs on other boards? <_< All of this is pointless tho.

I can't believe this is still being talked about. I realize the magnitude of the news here, but this is just a lot of chatter now isn't it?

I don't really understand the backlash on discussing this. Most of the people here discussed the rulings for months and months to no end. And now something significant happens and you can't let the discussion run for a couple of days. The news just broke a couple of days ago and there are people here that aren't here on a daily basis (like some of us :D .) the fact that people are panicking is just an opinion on how you look at the thread, some people may just see it as amusing.

I don't really understand the backlash on discussing this. Most of the people here discussed the rulings for months and months to no end. And now something significant happens and you can't let the discussion run for a couple of days. The news just broke a couple of days ago and there are people here that aren't here on a daily basis (like some of us :D .) the fact that people are panicking is just an opinion on how you look at the thread, some people may just see it as amusing.

My intention wasn't to critisize the discussion at all... Sorry if I came across that way. I'm just surprised that people can still come up with stuff to say about the subject after 18 pages. :D

I guess I just want to hear something from the horse's mouth so to speak as to what this news really means for Macross, and if it will affect products for the future in a negative or a positive way for fans. (like me. ;) )

Edited by rocco_77

Does this mean I can dream about a super-posable Q-rau? :)

Knock yourself out... I dream about fire and eating people. :)

LOL... And doorknobs... don't ever forget the doorknobs, A1.

And Rocco -

Do you think we will hear anything from anyone who really knows how this happened and what it will mean for future Macross products?

I for one don't claim to be a purist, but I would hate to see Macross products with a Robotech label slapped on them... I think there is room for both productions, but let's keep them separate.

I imagine this will go alot like the Sunwards thing... unless this is official Big West licensing, that Robotech.com page will disappear and Tom Bateman and Co. won't say another word about it.

Besides, chatter's fun. We like chatter.

My intention wasn't to critisize the discussion at all... Sorry if I came across that way. I'm just surprised that people can still come up with stuff to say about the subject after 18 pages. :D

I guess I just want to hear something from the horse's mouth so to speak as to what this news really means for Macross, and if it will affect products for the future in a negative or a positive way for fans. (like me. ;) )

It's alright Rocco... I have just been seeing so much stuff against the thread and thought your post was the best one to quote... :p no harm... :D

Great one Drew, keep them comming. ;)

I think for those of us who still have RT.com accounts, or who aren't lazy enough to get ones, go there and post in the thread talking about them. Tommy's been responding to them, so maybe we can get something from that side of the fence.

Outside of Graham grabbing Kawamori by the collar and telling him, "This $@#& ain't cool, man!" there isn't much we can find out.

Graham,

It's been like 48 hours.

What's keeping BigWest or Yamato from making any statements regarding this bootlegging?

It's ONLY been 48 hours. Which, to a lawyer, is an instant. Give it time, while they look at every angle.

Translation: They'll tell us when they're damn good and ready. :)

Anyone notice the drawn pic of the Elint seeker in Battroid mode behind them? Wtf is goin on here? :blink:

Yep, saw that, and also the completed Strike Hikaru -1S.

Given the current controversy, why has HG not issued a press release yet? Or are they just going to ignore it like usual?

What about BW or Yamato's response. It's been a few days now since all of this started.

Yo Carl, what's the deal with the TV Fast Packs? Oh wait, you're just trying to push "Advanced Veritechs" off as Strike Valkyries. What next, Peter Jackson authorising a Tom Bombadil action figure that looks like Gollum?

Hmm everyone does know that Carl Macek doesn't work for Harmony Gold anymore right? I've noticed a few post blaming him or insulting him. Let the blame goes where it derseves to go instead of blaming a man that hasn't worked for HG in years. He has nothing do with has happen in recent years. I'm just saying don't blame the wrong person. Its the owners of HG themselves that should be the target.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anyone else notice the TV style forearm armor on those things?

Yes, and I'm sure several of us here noticed that a long time ago. Toynami's been known to read these boards, so you've just done them a tremendous favor. I can see Toynami's future ads for this one:

Toynami: "We did so much research into bringing you DYRL accuracy, that the arm armor is even different! Bet you guys didn't know that!"

Robotechies: "Oooooooh!"