Harmony Gold & Toynami releasing DYRL? Toys

Duke Togo

What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling.

Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

You...you...you... I was going to use that quote! :p

Doesn't it seem really, really, really odd that the same company that has blocked the release of this wonderful film for 20 years in the US is now celebrating it with toys?

I wouldn't call it celebrating per se. But outright biding the time to exploit. HG has always claimed ownership of everything Macross outside of Japan and they were waiting for the chance to flex whatever little muscle they had with the crappiest toy they have a sculpt to.

If they really had balls, I would love to see them make some DYRL MPCs or maybe celebrate Macross Plus's little mentioned 10th anniversary, with YF-19 MPC. :rolleyes: I really would love to see them try. But I really doubt it. I'd be surprised to see the Beta Fighter, something they own outright. By hinting to sell the Beta, they are luring people to buy their undersized but overprized Alphas. Another way to "celebrate" with their franchise's fans.

Edited by >EXO<

Am I the only one who finds it odd that we are the largest english speaking Macross fan community, and our only official contact is with Yamato?

I was completely surprised when I found that fact out... and isn't that "official" contact more of a "personal" contact than a "professional" contact?

Don't look now, ladies and gentlemen, but I did a little bit of deeper digging on the RT.com store, and found that they're apparently also selling the new album -- this is true -- the new album by Mari Ijima, "Right Now." She is even listed as the Japanese voice of Minmay. Cats and dogs living together, indeed.

http://robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=46

If you want official, you go to Egan's site who is a member on the boards. What more do you need?

Don't look now, ladies and gentlemen, but I did a little bit of deeper digging on the RT.com store, and found that they're apparently also selling the new album -- this is true -- the new album by Mari Ijima, "Right Now." She is even listed as the Japanese voice of Minmay. Cats and dogs living together, indeed.

They have had that cd for a while now, a little after the site began.

Edited by >EXO<

Am I the only one who finds it odd that we are the largest english speaking Macross fan community, and our only official contact is with Yamato?

I admit, it is kind of ironic. :lol: On top of that, Yamato hasn't told us crap lately. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

Doesn't it seem really, really, really odd that the same company that has blocked the release of this wonderful film for 20 years in the US is now celebrating it with toys?

I wouldn't call it celebrating per se. But outright biding the time to exploit. HG has always claimed ownership of everything Macross outside of Japan and they were waiting for the chance to flex whatever little muscle they had with the crappiest toy they have a sculpt to.

Heh... I almost put "celebrating" in quotes.. because it is really a joke... yet, that's what their ad copy states. Schmucks.

If they really had balls, I would love to see them make some DYRL MPCs or maybe celebrate Macross Plus's little mentioned 10th anniversary, with YF-19 MPC. :rolleyes:  I really would love to see them try.  But I really doubt it.  I'd be surprised to see the Beta Fighter, something they own outright.  By hinting to sell the Beta, they are luring people to buy their undersized but overprized Alphas.  Another way to "celebrate" with their franchise's fans.

I'm sorry my mind has gone black with vertigo and sickness at the mere thought of a "Robotech Masterpiece YF-19" I'm gonna go hurl now... thanks alot, EXO! ;)

http://robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=46

When RT.com started those few years ago, I remember them advertising a concert my Mari Iijima and a convention appearance. In each announcement, they listed her as the Japanese voice of SDF Macross Lynn Minmay.

Edited by The Shade

I'm gonna go hurl now... thanks alot, EXO!  ;)

That's what I'm here for... :D

Do I like the idea of some kind of "masterpiece yf" hell ya... do I think they (HG and whoever they choose to license the piece to) could do it without murdering it and making it so outragously priced that it would make Me puke? :lol: you don't want me to answer that ;)

:cough: HG :cough: :cough: Blows :cough: :cough: :hack: :choke:

If they really had balls, I would love to see them make some DYRL MPCs or maybe celebrate Macross Plus's little mentioned 10th anniversary, with YF-19 MPC. :rolleyes:

Never happen. BigWest/Studio Nue's U.S. Copyright to Macross Plus is still in effect and, to my knowledge, has never been officially challenged by HG.

I'm not the most savvy guy here, but could this thread qualify as the most quickly responded topic ever?  10 pages in less than a day.  That's gotta be some record for this site.

its was about 5 pages in the first few hours it was up on the boards ;)

Edit---

191 posts in 6 hours

LMAO :lol:

Edited by Southcross

v. boot·legged, boot·leg·ging, boot·legs

v. tr.

1. To make, sell, or transport (alcoholic liquor) for sale illegally.

2. To produce, distribute, or sell without permission or illegally: a clandestine outfit that bootlegs compact discs and tapes.

v. intr.

1. To engage in the bootlegging of alcoholic liquor or another product.

2. To attach a transmitter to a dish antenna, creating an uplink via which a signal is sent to a satellite without the knowledge of the satellite's owner.

3. Football. To fake a hand-off, conceal the ball on the hip, and roll out in order to pass or especially to rush around the end. Used of a quarterback.

n.

1. A product, especially alcoholic liquor, that is illicitly produced, distributed, or sold.

2. The part of a boot above the instep.

3. Football. A play in which the quarterback bootlegs.

adj.

Produced, sold, or transported illegally: bootleg gin; bootleg tapes.

wow. that totoaly describe s a company who paid for the rights of a show. yeah it does.

Ali Sama- Take your own advice and learn international copyright and other laws.

Just because a company procures the distribution rights for a show doesn't give them ALL of the rights to the franchise, as HG claims it has.

I'm not the most savvy guy here, but could this thread qualify as the most quickly responded topic ever?  10 pages in less than a day.  That's gotta be some record for this site.

its was about 5 pages in the first few hours it was up on the boards ;)

You guys weren't around when the 1/48 was announced were you?

That was alot of posting. A whole lot of posting.

Since the new guys are rooting around and trying to "discover" what Macross products HG has released, I'll go ahead and mention that they already released SDF:Macross TV Superposeables in a limited edition set. They were billed similarly to what HG is proposing to do with these DYRL versions... all had the Macross logo, Macross names, etc... Hikaru Ichjoe not Lick Hunter.

We already know about this, the coffee cup, visor, and the Mari CDs.... not new news.

The fact that they are attempting to release DYRL product is. I'm just curious if the Hory Froating Head is aware of all this.

I'm not the most savvy guy here, but could this thread qualify as the most quickly responded topic ever? 10 pages in less than a day. That's gotta be some record for this site

Mostly because it's filled with wild fantasies and personal speculation. I have read ten pages and all I have learned from the fanbase is this sux and HG blows. <_<

I guess thats all part of the fun though but I prefer to do as some suggested and sit back and wait to see what comes of this.

Edit: had to add the quote so people would know what I was referring to.. posts going up so fast. ;)

Edited by Backstabber

You know whats funny? Watching ppl run around like headless chickens over something like this.... as if the world was coming to an end tomorrow.

Truly hilarious. :lol:

See... if theres anything wrong with this release, something will be done about it, like it was done about the Macross 7 Trash release. BW isn't exactly blind, you know? :rolleyes:

If they are on solid ground.... just move on with your life and keep doing what you guys always do.... get import toys. Honestly... I wouldn't miss a breath over super poseables. <_<

Edited by Abombz!!

If they really had balls, I would love to see them make some DYRL MPCs or maybe celebrate Macross Plus's little mentioned 10th anniversary, with YF-19 MPC. :rolleyes:

Never happen. BigWest/Studio Nue's U.S. Copyright to Macross Plus is still in effect and, to my knowledge, has never been officially challenged by HG.

Sorry Drew, I'm not big on the whole ownership debate... what would have been a better example? Macross 2 or Macross 7 valks. I mean they are working off the whole we own the Macross name outside of Japan aren't they? Or the fact that Tatsanuko hada part in DYRL??? I guess it's all just speculation what their claim is, and it's too much to hope that we would find out. :huh:

You know whats funny? Watching ppl run around like headless chickens over something like this.... as if the world was coming to an end tomorrow.

See... if theres anything wrong with this release, something will be done about it, like it was done about the Macross 7 Trash release. BW isn't exactly blind, you know? :rolleyes:

:blink:

you don't realize HG is the anti-christ... the world IS coming to an end

"HG killed Kenny?!? You.. you blow!!!" :sounding like a South Park character:

Very true. Seems like people are panicking lol

This could go the way of the Macross 7 Trash release or something has been finally resolved.

Just because a deal(if there is one) hasn't been announced on Macrossworld doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

If this leads to a region 1 DYRL DVD (unaltered of course and legalities straightened out) so be it. I doubt many here wouldn't buy it. Even the folks that scream boycott HG that have their Macross boxset sitting on their shelves.... <_<

Sorry Drew, I'm not big on the whole ownership debate... what would have been a better example? Macross 2 or Macross 7 valks. I mean they are working off the whole we own the Macross name outside of Japan aren't they? Or the fact that Tatsanuko hada part in DYRL??? I guess it's all just speculation what their claim is, and it's too much to hope that we would find out. :huh:

No worries, mate!

I've been following this whole damned licensing/ownership debacle for a while. To my knowledge, this is the first time that HG is officially trying to release an official Macross design not from the original TV series.

They've been preaching the whole "Everything outside of Japan" line for a while, and have stalled efforts to release certain Macross projects over here. But this being the first non-SDF:Macross product they're advertising makes this an interesting situation.

The MacII and Mac+ prodcutions are completely off limits to HG, and I don't think they'll ever try to challenge that. The fact that Manga holds the U.S. licenses to both programs casts doubt on HG's "all over the world" claim, and challenging Manga's rights means that HG would finally have to produce the document which they say gives them worldwide ownership. They've only gotten by so far by continually refusing to provide proof of their claims.

If this leads to a region 1 DYRL DVD (unaltered of course and legalities straightened out) so be it. I doubt many here wouldn't buy it. Even the folks that scream boycott HG that have their Macross boxset sitting on their shelves.... <_<

It's funny, because no matter how much we dislike HG's business practices, I've never seen anyone here deny the fact that the one thing HG always had the right to do was distribute the SDF: Macross TV shows. Which is exactly what the AnimeIgo Boxset is.

The problem really lies in the question of whether or not it was intended to let whomever Tatsunoko distribute with mangle the show itself into something different.

So who currently owns "Clash of the Bionoids"?

no one wants to admit to owning it :lol:

I have 3 copies. <_<

Agent... I think/hope we are talking about the "rights" and not the actual product

I own the rights to Clash of the Bionoids. I'm currently collecting all old VHS copies so I can burn them out of existence. So in the future when someone asks "whats Clash of Bioinoids?" I can say "never heard of that one, probably just some rumor".