Harmony Gold & Toynami releasing DYRL? Toys

Duke Togo

Prehaps they are going to combine the names of both series or somthing in the near future, or maybe they are rubbing out the name robotech and are just going to use the name Macross from now on?

Highly unlikely, sonsidering that HG's vaporware anime RT2K4 is supposedly making its debut this year.

Prehaps they are going to combine the names of both series or somthing in the near future, or maybe they are rubbing out the name robotech and are just going to use the name Macross from now on.? I mean you see the words Macross all over Robotech DVDs, so prehaps change is in the air...

As noble as that might sound.... it would be hard to take 2 stablished franchises and simply fuse them together. ;)

Prehaps they are going to combine the names of both series or somthing in the near future, or maybe they are rubbing out the name robotech and are just going to use the name Macross from now on.? I mean you see the words Macross all over Robotech DVDs, so prehaps change is in the air...

As noble as that might sound.... it would be hard to take 2 stablished franchises and simply fuse them together. ;)

Tansformers and Go-Bots did it, they named some bots after Go-Bots...

Not only that Go-bots were given another line in the states, granted it's not machine robot, but still...

or it could be that robotech is an alternate dimention of Macross, and both dimentions meet or somthing

I mean Power Ranegrs did Forever Red, it wouldn't be that far of a stretch...

Tansformers and Go-Bots did it, they named some bots after Go-Bots...

Not only that Go-bots were given another line in the states, granted it's not machine robot, but still...

or it could be that robotech is an alternate dimention of Macross, and both dimentions meet or somthing

I mean Power Ranegrs did Forever Red, it wouldn't be that far of a stretch...

Well.... those are different cases. See.... while the alternate dimension thing could work, which franchise should live in the shadow of which? It would be too difficult.

Now... if both were the creation of 1 single company, now that would be much easier to accomplish..... but we are talking about 2 different companies. 2 different companies with different interests and views.

The Power Ranger thing can't be used here, because if I'm not mistaken, the different Power Ranger series are part of a single giant universe. And those series were produced by a single company.

Forever Red works cause all the Power Rangers series take place in the same universe, some on earth, others out in space. Also people don't need to be weened off Robotech. The majroity of fans of it are adults or in their teens that saw it growing up or when it came on Cartoon Network. It isn't a drug, its a damn TV show. People can tell the difference between the two or at least they should and if they can't after its been explained to them then, well that's just plain sad and I don't know what to say.

I'll be posting some thoughts of my own in a little bit, but I would like to suggest to the moderators that this thread be moved over to the Toys forum since this is a Macross release (whether its legit or not) and not a Robotech or "Other" release.

I'll be posting some thoughts of my own in a little bit, but I would like to suggest to the moderators that this thread be moved over to the Toys forum since this is a Macross release (whether its legit or not) and not a Robotech or "Other" release.

This is too big of a story to just stick in the Toys forum.

I think its quite clear that they are trying to push the issue.

I think you hit it on the head, O Master Sniper. I'll bet that, after Robert Woodhead's jawdropping announcement a few months back (which was, IYEAPN, the catalyst to my going R2 to get DYRL) HG's lawyers went all out to try to discern if they could get the license themselves. If we're lucky these hideous Super Posables are just HG's attempt at a Sunwards in reverse.

I think you hit it on the head, O Master Sniper. I'll bet that, after Robert Woodhead's jawdropping announcement a few months back (which was, IYEAPN, the catalyst to my going R2 to get DYRL) HG's lawyers went all out to try to discern if they could get the license themselves. If we're lucky these hideous Super Posables are just HG's attempt at a Sunwards in reverse.

Which announcement was this????

how dare those bast*rds do this to macross they dont have license those toys r the same has the other with differ paint sheme wtf big west or bandai or want ever better do something letting them lich off dyrl like that. god dam u Macek and hg. i hate those guys dam they to hell. mess with macross original leave dyrl u have no right to lich off this. comments plz

well No matter what yamato will always destroy toynami in the toy field. So nothing to really worry about. BTw the kaiyodo C n M capsule figures look better than those supersucakbles anywyas

yeah they will, betcha the workers in the toynami hav went to the toy store in chins and bought yammies to add to their collection :lol:

how dare those bast*rds do this to macross they dont have license those toys r the same has the other with differ paint sheme wtf big west or bandai or want ever better do something letting them lich off dyrl like that. god dam u Macek and hg. i hate those guys dam they to hell. mess with macross original leave dyrl u have no right to lich off this. comments plz

They may have somehow got a license to market toys. Because those things are labelled as "MACROSS: Do You Remember Love?". It is possible. But until the conventions start happening, we will have to start digging and prodding for info.

Here are some of my thoughts:

1) This will probably end up like the Macross 7 Trash, unless the ruling back in the fall initimidates Big West from protecting their own property. This will only further ruin the chances that Macross fans will ever get to see Macross toys and merchandise from Japan released here in the US and at afforable prices.

2) Since it appears that HG and Toynami are working solo from Big West, that pretty much guarantees that no official artwork or animation scenes from DYRL will be utilized on the packaging. This will be Tommy Yune's "fan" work and not official character artwork by Haruhiko Mikimoto or mecha designs by Shoji Kawamori, Studio Nue, et al.

3) Unlike Big West licensed and approved Macross merchandise in Japan (which is what us Macross fans REALLY want), neither Harmony Gold or Toynami have access to Shoji Kawamori, Studio Nue, et al to get their approval on the accuracy of their take on the VF-1 Valkyrie's or any other Macross mecha. Toynami's versions of Macross mecha will continue to be inferior to what is available to Japanese fans.

4) I extremely doubt that Big West is just going to "hand over" its film reels of DYRL or other DYRL refernce materials to Harmony Gold. Harmony Gold did nothing to support or finance any of the Macross sequels and they are basically trying to profit off of other people's creations, investments, and hardwork.

I will give credit to Harmony Gold and Toynami for trying to actually make an effort to support a real anime classic like Macross Do You Remember Love?, but the way they are doing it is wrong and only bound to cause more unhappiness for all parties.

Which announcement was this????

Robert has stated many times during the last few years that DYRL would probably never see a US release due to all the complications involving who really has the rights to DYRL.