DX Chogokin VF-1J 50th Anniversary

MKT

16 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I just checked the page and Bandai changed the sales region to just Japan (Asia and US were removed as options) and it looks like you can only buy it in person at the Tamashii stores in Tokyo and Osaka.

Bandai at there finest! Lets sell a product that hardly anyone willing, can buy...🥴

Edited by grogall

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

convincing.gif.4eb60ad52c699ef544b31a3691c6e70e.gif

Trying to be convinced here. :spiteful:

My thoughts with facial contortions I share as well when I see this. 😅

Edited by shazam

Just now, grogall said:

Maybe the box will blow you away....🤗

Box? Nah. :nea: 

Box is already a problem for us collectors. I'm currently in the process of disposing some of my boxes. Basically throwing out now the selling 'value' rule of with or without boxes. Time to enjoy the hobby while I can. ;) 

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to say it looks cool but still not for me. :nea:

I wish good luck to those who want it. :good:

Not for me either. Want Hikaru's DYRL Super VF-1A. And a CF both TV and DYRL.

This scheme looks better in battroid.

49 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Not for me either. Want Hikaru's DYRL Super VF-1A. And a CF both TV and DYRL.

This scheme looks better in battroid.

Same here, Ignacio. I'm only waiting for Hikaru's Super VF-1A. Then I'm done with DX VF-1's. :drinks:

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I guess the new Chogokin 50th Anniversary VF-1J is as close as we'll get to the Arcadia Chrome VF-1S teased by Mr. K almost 10 years ago....

-snip-

Sorry, but the Bandai looks a lot better even if it is overpriced for what it is...🫣

21 hours ago, shazam said:

Another shiny corporate colour variant VF-1 trophy we are trying to convince ourselves that we need. 

image.jpeg

Some of those clear parts look ripe for stress lines/marks to form at the stress points after a few deformations.

KC is not looking too shabby in this light.(besides all of its own issues)

BLACK RED copy-1100x1100h.jpg

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I guess the new Chogokin 50th Anniversary VF-1J is as close as we'll get to the Arcadia Chrome VF-1S teased by Mr. K almost 10 years ago....

gallery_12176_633_102769.jpg

(Arcadia) Sir the investors will be here in any minute!... what will we show them?.  I got an idea!...Someone, quickly get me a can of spray paint from the storage room!.

3 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Some of those clear parts look ripe for stress lines/marks to form at the stress points after a few deformations.

KC is not looking too shabby in this light.(besides all of its own issues)

BLACK RED copy-1100x1100h.jpg

Not sure about the comparison....the KC is not chrome/silver plated

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

You guys are so cruel LOL
I'm sure the Arcadia was a quick test...like 'Could we do it?' before working out any kinks in the process to get a better finish.

I think it would have been better if Bandai would have continued the tradition of an "all chrome plated" toy...it would have looked nicer if all parts were finished the same as the head, shoulders, legs and gunpod....unfortunately, Arcadia did not follow through with that Macross Toy tradition....

I guess Bandai must have forgotten the Takatoku VF-1 plated toys when they referenced the "Iron Type" kits instead...no "R" in the DX line...lol

large.20141007_165334.jpg.af82a0a0028125

On 4/18/2024 at 6:50 PM, Anasazi37 said:

I just checked the page and Bandai changed the sales region to just Japan (Asia and US were removed as options) and it looks like you can only buy it in person at the Tamashii stores in Tokyo and Osaka.

Bastards. Seriously.

Not for making a mistake (if it even was), but taking DAYS to revert it. Opportunities were lost for some (Like LP jacking up their price since initial offer) believing they wouldn't be dealing with international shipping...or shipping at ALL stateside.

I know many of you aren't upset due to the price and the looks of this thing, but imagine Bandai doing the same with a DX TV Max, Elint, CF, etc.

Think it was a mistake, or that HG complained? Sucks either way, of course.

6 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Bastards. Seriously.

Not for making a mistake (if it even was), but taking DAYS to revert it. Opportunities were lost for some (Like LP jacking up their price since initial offer) believing they wouldn't be dealing with international shipping...or shipping at ALL stateside.

I know many of you aren't upset due to the price and the looks of this thing, but imagine Bandai doing the same with a DX TV Max, Elint, CF, etc.

Think it was a mistake, or that HG complained? Sucks either way, of course.

Blame HG! It's their fault, always & forever.. :p

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Are they legit though?

No! the store is very infamous in Gundam & 40K circles. Store hopes to hold you off on preorders long enough to were PayPal, Banks & Chargebacks are past the point of no return.

Store will screw you if given the chance, big time! I've latterly heard hundreds of horror stories from guys who are stand up types and only brought it up to warn others.

I seen Luna Park jacked the price back up to ¥59,800 for the Chrome King. not a whole lot of other stores are jumping in this one. LP must smell blood in the water and is ready to tear your wallet apart.

8opdp3.jpg

10 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I seen Luna Park jacked the price back up to ¥59,800 for the Chrome King. not a whole lot of other stores are jumping in this one. LP must smell blood in the water and is ready to tear your wallet apart.

8opdp3.jpg

Nah....just like the "Mechanic" DX....it'll drop in price once it's released...patience padawan!

How some stores get their hands on items like this?

Do they have some staff members in this Bandai clubs or something? 

Given the rarity of the item I don't see anyone coming to store like Mandarake to sell it to the second market.