VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Hey Lonewolf, that's great!

Yup, I can merge multiple images into one. All I ask is that you add a little overlap to each image so I can match the sides up.

My needs:

I need a copy of the SDF-1 pic. (first one)

I also need these two images if you've got them

miki04.jpg

miki23.jpg

Blaine23 will be needing a copy of the SDF-1 image.(2nd one)

He's also still looking for the Hasegawa image for the box top.

I've got a copy of the DYRL image already scanned at 300dpi.

I'm waiting to get my "Movement" book from Hikaru, which has a poster of the Misa/Hikaru/SDF1 picture. If someone else could get it to Blaine faster that would be great.

DA, I'll rescan those images for you and Blaine23 tomorrow.

I also need these two images if you've got them

Unfortunately, I don't have either of those. But if it's any help, the Flashback 2012 picture was released on a Macross art CD-ROM back in 1999 or 2000. Perhaps Shawn or someone more familiar with Japanese merchandise can say which one specifically. It's entirely possible that it got reprinted in a post-1999 artbook as well.

At the very high end of what I wanted to pay, but after looking at it.... hell, won't hurt me to skip a few meals.

Beautiful... had a hell of a time choosing!

To All involved in this project, Mechamaniac, Dangaurd Ace, Blaine23, and Paul Champagne, I just want to say thanks! I look forward to recieving the case.

I'm sure I missed some folks props to you guys too.

Thanks

Guess it's just a slight breather before we really begin the process anew for the M+ box. We at least got a good spine proposal ready though. :D

I've been looking at images too to see if I have any more ideas.

Edited by Anubis

wonder if anyone posted on animeondvd about these boxes

These are supposed to be MW exclusive. But why not drum up more sales? If you do make sure you remind them they have to be members here though before their order can be processed.

Giving Paul your MW name is an order requirement, right?

I thought you were supposed to? Never mind then if not, but I figured that would preserve the MW exclusiveness. But since there's no plausible way to have that checked anyway in retrospect, just keeping the order info page link here would suffice. As in you have to come here to see the link, don't put paul's SDF project page anywhere else. Link people here.

Edited by Anubis

no ops interested in the cases? :(

huh?

I know it's too late, but I just found this one image in the Haruhiko Mikimoto Innocence book that would be perfect as it would be able to wrap around the whole box!! This book chock full of images that would be perfect for this exclusive dvd box set. I'll post up a picture of what I mean later. :p:D:lol:

BTW - Here is the Macross case designed by Paul.

This is not what ours would look like, this is an existing case.

dvd_macross.jpg[

That is the case I had Paul make when the Animeigo set came out. :)

Funny, when I had it done a couple years ago, everyone seemed to hate it and the idea of Paul's boxes holding their DVD's. :huh:

Edited by Gaijin

These pictures would've been nice and ready to just paste on the box. Just need the top and the bottom pics of course. Sorry I couldn't scan in the full picture as i don't want to ruin the spine. What do you guys think? :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I like them both... but the top one has kinda been "tainted" with it's use as a bootleg cover - old crappy Macross bootleg.

And to be truthful, neither image really "fits" in to the existing cases... the style is more modern - less paint, more photoshop.

I think maybe we should stick to what we've done... maybe we can redesign it 10 years when DVDs are obsolete and everybody's watching the entire series on a postage stamp. ;)

Good images, I really need to snag a copy of Innocence from somewhere.

Well it would seem that people who voted weren't that serious after all.

Paul has only received 12 orders for a total of 15 cases (3 people

wanted both). Models are split 7 to 8.

We needed to get at least 20 of ONE of the designs ordered in order for the project to continue.

It looks as though there were several interested parties that weren't really interested when it came down to it.

It would be a shame if the hard work of everyone who contributed to this project amounted to nothing.

So, I guess at this point, I am open for suggestions.

How can we have over 10,000 views on this topic, and only 12 seriious members?

Yay Macross World :(

weee...guess i'm one of the three people who ordered both :|

so if this doesnt go through how will i get a refund? and from paypal no less...crap

Well, nothing is set in stone yet, the project is not dead...

But we need at least 15 - 20 more orders to keep it going.

If orders don't pick up in a week or two I'll place an order for Blaine's design. I'm not to worried yet. In two or three weeks I'd start to worry if orders didn't pick up.

MM do we need atleast 20 orders 40 total of each set to get them through? Since it's pretty much divided, Would it come to scraping one of the designs in order to fulfill the twenty case quota?

Edited by scand