VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Well, going to place an order for both the Mikimoto and Mech... I wasn't going to order it (and didn't vote at the time yet), but seeing the desings took shape, I just couldn't resist. A specially made MW Macross DVD case... Mmmmm. :p

OK, I found a copy of this Macross Plus Game Edition Book online. Think there are some good images in there to use?

mpgecover.jpg

Edited by Anubis

How's this for one of the sides? This would take care of the main character, YF-19 and YF-21 all in one shot, and we can use some form of sharon, maybe a Ghost too, on the other side.

This is from the back cover of the M+ game book. Hopefully there are more good ones inside to experiment with.

post-4-1079637977_thumb.jpg

It shouldn't be too late yet.  Just follow the link that MM has posted in the first post to order.  We're (well "I'm") still in the process of getting some of the hi-res images.  In other words, waiting for my copy of the H. Mikimoto Movement book to arrive...and bugging Lonewolf for the Storm Attacker scans. 

Oh, and I've already got the spine image for The Mikimoto scanned.  It's also found in the Haruhiko Mikimoto Illustrations book.

Did you ever find the right side image, the one with Hikaru and Misa holding each other close?

Edited by Anubis

Ok, my Macross Plus Game Edition Book shipped from Robert's Anime Corner Store. I'll peruse it when it gets here, see what's in it, and scan anything useful on Monday hopefully.

Ok, my Macross Plus Game Edition Book shipped from Robert's Anime Corner Store. I'll peruse it when it gets here, see what's in it, and scan anything useful on Monday hopefully.

Cool Anubis - keep the Mac Plus box alive!

Anyone have any updated order numbers from Paul?

Okay.. well Paul just sent me an email (what a great guy BTW) and said we are at 26 boxes now 12 Mech and 14 Mikimoto.

This is still a FAR cry from the 120+ on the survey.. I think we need to start tracking down people by IP! Serious thou.. let's get these numbers up!

Almost makes me want to order a case, even though I already have one from Paul. I was wondering when I saw the poll, how people were so interested in Paul's cases, when 2 years ago, people thought it was stupid. I figured people wised up. But, as it stands, with people not ordering, it just makes me sad to think that people will just look at something and say, cool!, but not actually pay for it. With over a thousand members, not even thirty people ordering is a little dissapointing. Granted, no one's forcing anyone to buy anything, but it's a little sad nonetheless. I was going to commision Paul to do a Mac Plus case after I had him do the TV series case those years ago, but had no good artwork for him to use. Now this is on the verge of reality, and people won't budge. :angry:

Having a 12 DVD case instead of the 11 disc case I had made would be a slight incentive, but seeing people vote and not put up when push comes to shove just irks me. Maybe I'll order both...

Does anyone have any Macross+ Artbooks they can sift through?  We definately need those in order to get some high res scans.  What's in there is probably all we need to fugire out the sides.

I have all three Mac+ artbooks.

thm_tiasmacrossplusf.jpg

OAV artbook

thm_tiasmacrossplusmovief.jpg

Movie artbook

thm_mp_movie_front.jpg

Movie program

With the exception of the movie program, there are some very nice images to be used. Unfortunately, all the good images have been placed dangerously close to the books' spines. Scanning these images could do irreparable damage to the spines, and even if I were to give it the ol' college try, the ends of the images would be warped in the areas where the spines bend.

Edit: DA, your Storm Attacker pics have been uploaded. B))

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Just a quick shout-out to the Lone Wolf -

Those of you who are actually buying these boxes - :p -

He's been great about scanning art and helping me and DA put these boxes together. I just wanted to say thanks again for the scans and I appreciate your help.

The fact that he has all 3 M+ artbooks is a good sign... assuming we can get one made after the Macross boxes are done.

All right, I got on the HP scanner at work today and got some high res scans of art grom the M+ Game book. There were not many full art pieces, just the few ones I got. Mainly it was screenshot collages from the show during the game section, and then a big lineart section afterwards. Good Ghost lineart. I'll post small jpeg versions of the tif's I got later tonight, maybe a mock-up idea or two.

I did get a high res .tif of the desert image for the spine. The inside cover had the image without all the text, just the logo. :)

Edited by Anubis

Thanks for the shout-out, Blaine. :)

Anyways, I think I might know the location of the Flashback image (below) that DA needs:

miki23.jpg

If I remember correctly, it was only released on one (or both) of these Macross CD-ROMs below. While I have neither CD-ROM, I believe Shawn might, as these pics were taken from the MW game gallery. The fact that he has several pics of them leads me to believe that they are actually in his possesion, instead of being just e-bay screen grabs. Anyone hear know how to get a hold of Shawn? I'm not going to waste my time trying the PM. :lol:

mac_collectf.jpg

Macross Collection, released in 1997 by Movic

pion15_front.jpg

Macross 15th Anniversary, released in 1997 by Pioneer.

Thanks for the shout-out, Blaine. :)

Anyways, I think I might know the location of the Flashback image (below) that DA needs:

Hey Lonewolf,

thanks for the SDF images. You may be mistaken about the Flashback images. According to halfan the images I need are in Haruhiko Mikimoto Movement book.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=6162

Just need to get my hands on that book and I'm set. (twiddle thumbs....checks mailbox.....twiddle thumbs......)

Here's a small attempt while tinkering a little. I have no photoshop skills so this is pretty much the best composite job I got. The full .tif files I have on my PC. The sharon cross was not in the game book either.

post-25-1080016965.jpg

post-25-1080016952.jpgpost-25-1080016980.jpgpost-25-1080017012.jpg

The border around the left one should be black to go with the rest though.

Edited by Anubis

Never mind, I noticed the vernier rings on this -19, so this is the Fire Valk instead. Also, while I thought is was just a sunset effect initially, the valk is indeed red, so there goes that pic. On a white wall the 19 wallscroll looks a lot lighter than this pic shows.

Preview

post-25-1080016999.jpg

Unfortunately, the Game Book had NO useful Sharon pics. :(

This type of screenshot collage was what comprised a lot of the book, opposite of game screenshots and info. Other than that it was lineart. Good lineart, but just lineart.

post-4-1080018168_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

If I remember correctly, it was only released on one (or both) of these Macross CD-ROMs below. While I have neither CD-ROM, I believe Shawn might, as these pics were taken from the MW game gallery. The fact that he has several pics of them leads me to believe that they are actually in his possesion, instead of being just e-bay screen grabs. Anyone hear know how to get a hold of Shawn? I'm not going to waste my time trying the PM. :lol:

I have both of those Macross CD-ROMS, although I haven't tried them for years, so not sure if they still work or not.

What do you need?

Graham

Nice images guys!!

Keep em coming.  I especially like that pic of the 19 and 21 overlayed on each other.

The 19/21 pic was actually the original pic. I just removed the Kawamori pic and cropped it. It was one of the few useful pics in there.

Side note, I installed an old copy of Photoshop 5.5 I have last night, and not surprisingly I have no idea whatsoever how to use it very effectively. Just a little as shown above when I made my box mock-up. I'm tempted to break out the book I have tucked away and play with it some more. Eventually. :lol:

post-4-1080020687_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

You may be mistaken about the Flashback images.  According to halfan the images I need are in Haruhiko Mikimoto Movement book.

As Movement is one of the more recent artbooks out, it's very well possible that it could be in there. :) *crosses fingers*

I have both of those Macross CD-ROMS, although I haven't tried them for years, so not sure if they still work or not.

What do you need?

Below is the image we're looking for. If you've got some time to kill (I'm sure there are tons of images on that CD), we'd appreciate it if you sift through it. If not, that's ok, since it might be in the Movement artbook DA is getting.

miki23.jpg

Man, we're almost done getting all those images! I honestly had my doubts there for a while. jawdrop.gif

Looks like I may be waiting a few extra weeks. The member I'm buying the Movement book from says his P.O. claims my addy is invalid. Same addy I've been having stuff sent to for years so I'm guessing his P.O. screwed up or some office worker got lazy, missed the plane and decided to blame something else. So it's going to be another few weeks before I get the book.

Looks like I may be waiting a few extra weeks. The member I'm buying the Movement book from says his P.O. claims my addy is invalid. Same addy I've been having stuff sent to for years so I'm guessing his P.O. screwed up or some office worker got lazy, missed the plane and decided to blame something else. So it's going to be another few weeks before I get the book.

Don't sweat it man, more time for people to pre-order.

Tell him to take it to a different post office. Maybe the person at the desk there will be smarter.

Edited by Anubis

Sorry for the lack of updates -

Like Dangard, I've had to wait on some art to arrive - one of which is in the book he's waiting on, the other would be the Hasegawa 1S image for the top of my box - the mech.

Anyways, I just got some extra cash and ordered my own copy of the Hase kit, so it should be here in a few days and I can get to work on that image.

BTW - if anybody wants a Hasegawa 1/72 kit when I'm done with it, let me know. I only bought it for the art, after I'm done abusing the box lid with my scanner it's up for grabs. :)

I learned a couple of photoshop tips from one of the Graphics girls here at work, so later tonight I may give another simple M+ design a try. Maybe revise my previous. Especially since no one else is trying yet :(

Well, soon at least. The last couple of days have been hectic. Hopefully by the end of the week I can come up with something more.

Edited by Anubis

V1-RS has come through with my "Movement" book. It has the final images I need and the blue one that Blaine needs. I'll have the scans completed by weeks end.

MechaM: I'll be needing Pauls address so I can send him the tifs.

Sets are almost ready to go into production.....just abit more patience....

Heh... weird timing. I just got the Hase 1S today, so I'll try to get it scanned pronto.

I'll be needing that address too, Mechamaniac.

DA - do you have dimensions for the box? Twould make my life a bit easier.