VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

The art looks great, but what's the deal with the red circle logo in the bottom left corner of the left side?

And when do I get to act all cool and approve something? Can I say something, "Box design... I deem you.... worthy. Most Worthy Indeed." :lol:

The smaller red logo is where the case numbers are going to go!.

And Paul is working on your design now to be submitted for your commendation, or condemnation :lol:

OMG the Mikimoto box is gorgeous!!!

Can't wait to see the Mech box.

OMG its not too late to order right?

That is beautiful!

Never too late to order, my friend. But you ought to order real soon. :p

Paul and I are finalizing the Mech box as we speak and it's looking even better than it did when I mocked it up.

The thing I like best about DA's box is the top. I love the size and placement of the Macross logo and the watercolor sunset behind it. Awesome stuff.

i think the mikimoto came out quite nice though i'm the circles are a tad disappointing. if they were a little smaller (thus preventing the line break at the top on the spine image) and placed say on the two side panels for balance. oh well. still a pleasing design.can't wait for mine to ship

Blaine23,

Thanks for the update bro. Placing order in a few hours.

BTW: Can't wait to see your final design.

Onimusha-shin,

Looks like you can still order! Click on the link in the first page.

Edit... went to Paul's website... wow...

Edited by Neova

Blaine23,

Thanks for the update bro. Placing order in a few hours.

BTW: Can't wait to see your final design.

I just saw it... very, very cool. I'm sure I can post it pretty soon, but I'll wait 'til the powers that be say it's okay.

Awesome!!! :D

I like the scorched effect, and the silver logo on top with the 1s artwork.

Man, both of these came out absolutely perfect. Great stuff.

All the work really paid off with these.

Now let's see what we can do with the M+ box once my book arrives.

Sweet, thanks Blaine!

I have replaced the image on page 1 with the final design.

I kind of wish the black border was a little smaller, it kind of gives the case a "scorched in a fire" look, but I still love it.

I actually like the black border quite a bit, and the "scorched" effect... mainly because it does a nice job of unifying the seperate images of the box.

And makes it look more evil than DA's case. :p

I'm still knocked out by what Paul was able to do with the Macross logo on both boxes. Great work and a really cool guy, to boot.

Great news,

The M+ Movie book arrived yesterday. Special thanks to the Monkey for finding it for me.

Quite a few box-quality pics on it, the few from before are still comparable to these so they may yet be on some of the next designs. A lot of the ones Vibayo put are in there too, so I may do something with some. I will scan what I can this week (not going to worry about the spine, I can crease it to get the pics out, the cover will cover up the spine, so no worry for me. I was ready to cut the book, but it looks like I may not have to after all. :)

Then I'll see what designs I can work out, and also put the pics I get in the test forum so others can work with them too.

There are also a lot of small pics that would make great avatars, I'll scan some of those pages too.

Summer Session I begins Tuesday. Class Monday-Thursday 5:30PM-9:15 or so. As a result between that and my PG Zeta I may get backed up in getting the stuff up here, but I will do my best.

Edited by Anubis

M+ update:

I scanned the book this morning. Got a number of good .tif's. I'll post .jpg versions of the pics later on in my test thread for others to work with, and work on a few more mock-ups as soon as I can.

Edited by Anubis

M+ update:

I scanned the book this morning. Got a number of good .tif's. I'll post .jpg versions of the pics later on in my test thread for others to work with, and work on a few more mock-ups as soon as I can.

Great news, Anubis. Trust me, it's worth all the effort when you see how the box will actually turn out.

Now that you've got your hands on some new images, it should be all fun from here.

M+ update:

I scanned the book this morning.  Got a number of good .tif's.  I'll post .jpg versions of the pics later on in my test thread for others to work with, and work on a few more mock-ups as soon as I can.

Great news, Anubis. Trust me, it's worth all the effort when you see how the box will actually turn out.

Now that you've got your hands on some new images, it should be all fun from here.

Yep, it should be a far simpler procedure now.

What will be in the test section will be the entire pool to work out of. If it's not in there we don't have it, no more "how about this pic" requests. :)

It should be easy to finish it now. I think there's enough collages to keep people happy. Just finding the right mixture.

BTW: How are the order counts on the SDF Macross boxes going now that the designs are finished?

Also, can I assume/hope that those of us that are actually working on this stuff will get the low numbers? :p Mechamaniac, Blaine and DA first though of course for the SDF box. ;)

Edited by Anubis

BTW: How are the order counts on the SDF Macross boxes going now that the designs are finished?

Also, can I assume/hope that those of us that are actually working on this stuff will get the low numbers? :p Mechamaniac, Blaine and DA first though of course for the SDF box. ;)

You got me... to be quite honest, I don't mind one bit if I got the highest number or whatever. I'm just psyched to see some of my Photoshop work be put on such a cool box.

If anybody deserves box #1 of each- it's Mechamaniac. Yeah, I did some "work" but the amount of effort in organizing and emailing all parties he's done - it's a lot more effort than I've done. From conceptualizing the idea and getting it going to tracking down Garoquel for the site logo, he's really seen this thing from start to finish.

Good job, man. Go buy yourself a beer or something. ;)

Also, can I assume/hope that those of us that are actually working on this stuff will get the low numbers? :p  Mechamaniac, Blaine and DA first though of course for the SDF box. ;)

You got me... to be quite honest, I don't mind one bit if I got the highest number or whatever. I'm just psyched to see some of my Photoshop work be put on such a cool box.

If anybody deserves box #1 of each- it's Mechamaniac. Yeah, I did some "work" but the amount of effort in organizing and emailing all parties he's done - it's a lot more effort than I've done. From conceptualizing the idea and getting it going to tracking down Garoquel for the site logo, he's really seen this thing from start to finish.

Good job, man. Go buy yourself a beer or something. ;)

Thanks mang, don't worry, you and Dangard Ace are getting boxes number 001 of your respective cases. From what I understood from Paul, the rest of the numbers would be by the order in which they were received etc.

Ultimately, I feel the same way you do, I could have whatever number, and it would be cool with me. I'm just psyched to see the first true Macross World commemorative item come to fruition.

wub.gifGo Macross World!wub.gif

:lol:

Edited by Mechamaniac

How many orders have been made so far on the SDF Boxes?

How many orders have been made so far on the SDF Boxes?

I think we're still in the 30's somewhere despite the hundred or so that "said" they were interested... <_<

30's total ?!?

That a lot of crap. Especially when the poll shows over a hundred "yes" votes. Unless people are waiting for the M+ box to be ready as well before they pay.

Still a lot lower than I would have thought. In the 30's each would have been nice to see. We're lucky Paul's been so cool about this.

Edited by Anubis

Just received notification from Paul....

THE SDF CASES HAVE STARTED SHIPPING!!!!

SWEETNESS!!!

That a lot of crap. Especially when the poll shows over a hundred "yes" votes. Unless people are waiting for the M+ box to be ready as well before they pay.

Still a lot lower than I would have thought. In the 30's each would have been nice to see. We're lucky Paul's been so cool about this.

Well,of course i'm waiting to have the Mac+ design finished to order the two boxes,because sending things to Spain (in Europe) is very expensive and so i prefer to wait to pay only one shippment,so add one to the real customers acount :lol:

And i have a good piece of news (at least for me)

I finally have received my Animeigo 9-DVD collectors set!!!!

I have it here,still unopened,with it's shiny lenticular card in the front :D

I'm sooo happy that i have finally been able to get one set for me,and not very expensive! with the S&H costs (wich were $29,15) it costed me $162 i love ebay :lol:

So i have the 9 DVD's,the Macross Plus Ultimate edition,DYRL, Flashback2012 and the 20th Annyversary DVD (this 3 are pirate,but i'm trying to get original ones,wich is a very difficult task <_< )

The complete set!

Well we have to start thinking about the Macross Zero Design,because soon they are going to end the serie and we do need a box for the 5 DVD's ;)

YEEEEAAHHH TODAY IS A HAPPY DAY! If i had a Yamato 1/48 Low Visibility VF-1A all would be perfect :p

Have a nice day my friends! ;)

Edited by vibayo

Just received notification from Paul....

THE SDF CASES HAVE STARTED SHIPPING!!!!

Well... actually...

THE SDF CASE HAS JUST ARRIVED IN MY OFFICE!!!!

Very, very cool. This being my first Paul Champagne case, I can't really compare it to anything, but I'm really amazed at how well the Mech box turned out. I'll snap some pics of it when I get home... it's so shiny and reflective.

Definitely a first class way to display your Macross DVDs. Or Pr0n. Whatever. :lol:

EDITED to add - Oh yeah, and I'm definitely #001. My box told me so. :p

Edited by Blaine23