VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Damn, DA. #1 looks great.

Well,it seems that my idea is not going to be continued(Anubis,the background i wanted to be removed,was the one on sharon pic,replacing it with black to match the color in the space below and right of the YF-19 and YF-21),so let's help this design.

I think that the spine color should be changed to its original color and then darken it a little to match the dark style of the box(the city) and perhaps the characters with the ghost plane in black and white could be overlayed at the bottom of the city image.In the lineart,tou could scan batroid and gerwalk modes of each one anf put them in the corners and of course isamu and guld side to side with their planes

The box

post-25-1086847787.jpg

the image that has to be overlayed into the bottom of the spine,putting the spine in its original color and the make it darker (the third one from left to right and perhaps changing its color to something darker)

post-25-1086845211.jpg

Guld (smaller and cut out of this image)and then put him in the right bottom part of the YF-21 image

post-25-1086759992.jpg

Isamu(smaller and cut out of this image) and then put him in the left bottom part of the YF-19 image

post-25-1086760016.jpg

And the schemes of batroid and gerwalk extracted from mechanics design works( a book that all of us have and if not,then i will scan some images from mine)

Sorry for not making a mock up,but i don't have the skills and i'm out of home,so i don't have photoshop and i don't know why,but paint is not allowing me to open the jpg images(extrange thing)

Edited by vibayo

I can see adding a battroid or a pilot in the corner of each side to see how it looks.

Adding too much may detract, but there's always room for experimentation. There does need to be some room for the MW logos. I have to bring the M+ Game book to work tomorrow to scan some lineart pics. The Game Book has the right lineart pics to try out.

As for the big fighters, I like the detail that's in those pics, it even goes into wing sweep/morph areas, and everything. Realy nice, makes it look really...technical.

Now, should we keep the text, or remove it so there's more room to add something? Taking it out would make it too simplish I think. There's room to add a small pilot and/or battroid to try out, including the pilots in the int. covers, so no need to extract anything.

Also, I can scan a Ghost to go under the logo on top, think that's a good idea, or leave the top alone still?

Edited by Anubis

the round 'eye' will make it seem like its a box set for 2001, 2010. i would also have to pass on the box if it goes greyscale.

if we go with the blue lineart (which i think could work quite well if we pick the right shade of blue; the 1colour layer DA posted seems quite spiffy) how will this affect the silver or gold base layer that Paul was mentioning? also with the blue lineart it will match even more with the blue sky on the spine.

i am not in favour of cuting/pasting pics. if we go with the lineart lets stick with that as a single image with the text.

Edited by MrDisco

the round 'eye' will make it seem like its a box set for 2001, 2010. i would also have to pass on the box if it goes greyscale.

if we go with the blue lineart (which i think could work quite well if we pick the right shade of blue; the 1colour layer DA posted seems quite spiffy) how will this affect the silver or gold base layer that Paul was mentioning? also with the blue lineart it will match even more with the blue sky on the spine.

i am not in favour of cuting/pasting pics. if we go with the lineart lets stick with that as a single image with the text.

If we use the blue lineart there's no worry about the greyscale or it being an engraved box. That's what Paul was talking about. Just Black with the white lineart would have been an engraved panel.

Using the blue it will be able to stay a full color box.

Here's another Macross City to match the current spine size of the mock-ups. Unstretched.

post-4-1086886012.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Lineartbox1

post-4-1086886065_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

lineartbox2.

Not bad with the little add-ons.

post-4-1086886198_thumb.jpg

lineartbox3.

I still like the desert image on the spine the best as well. The Macross City one has potential as well, but it's not quite as lively.

Edit: Also moved the"YF-21" title over to make it symmetrical. The bars should probably wrap all the way around until they meet the edge of the spine image.

post-4-1086895849_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

hmmm. I don't know, the spine art just dosn't match the rest for me. How about a picture of sharon apple with a black background? Either the female version of sharon or the robot box would be cool.

hmmm. I don't know, the spine art just dosn't match the rest for me. How about a picture of sharon apple with a black background? Either the female version of sharon or the robot box would be cool.

Yeah, a pic of Sharon would probably work well, with a black BG too.

Otherwise, I think the desert is the way to go.

Here's the updated box with the Sharon Spine.

Version 4.

The red doesn't really go well I think now, but maybe convert her red to blue to match the sides? That may look pretty sharp.

post-4-1086899019_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Maybe something like this with Sharon, only blue?

post-4-1086899495_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

and if I can, I'll try and find an image of the sharon apple robot box thing. I have an image in my head that would look great for the spine. Let me look around for it.

how about this? Just a quicky:

Thanks.

Here's a quickie box with a blue Sharon as a test piece. I think this could rock with a blue sharon on the spine.

post-4-1086927716_thumb.jpg

Hey guys...got another update from Paul.

He just wants us to know that the black design may not come out completely black, and would like it if someone can provide a scan of the lineart images at 600DPI along with the hexadecimal color code of the blue we want to use so he can mock it up on a case, and see if it will look good. His main concern is that the small text may not work out so well.

If someone has the scan, PM me.

Thanks!.

Hey guys...got another update from Paul.

He just wants us to know that the black design may not come out completely black, and would like it if someone can provide a scan of the lineart images at 600DPI along with the hexadecimal color code of the blue we want to use so he can mock it up on a case, and see if it will look good. His main concern is that the small text may not work out so well.

If someone has the scan, PM me.

Thanks!.

I have to rescan the lineart tomorrow. I didn't expect to use it for the actual box, so when I checked it tonight I had only gotten it at 100dpi.

I'll have new scans tomorrow.

If the box ends up being a dark grey or something, I can live with that. Hopefully it works out. Quite decent of Paul to give that heads up and offer to check if it'll work.

edit: double post

Edited by Anubis

how about this? Just a quicky:

Thanks.

Here's a quickie box with a blue Sharon as a test piece. I think this could rock with a blue sharon on the spine.

Damn... I believe I was the first to push the desert image for the spine - that is the one image that I always think of when I think of M+, but that blue Sharon looks really really good!

Yeah, even just adapting the source image into blue makes for a great spine.

post-25-1086759647.jpg

If anything similar to how Sharon looks in this wallpaper could be done in blue though that would be awesome.

post-4-1086972083_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Update:

New scans have been done, I will be adding them to the test section soon.

Got the detailed 19/21 pics a lot better.

I also got alternative fighter modes just in case, as well as battroid lineart, ghost lineart, and a couple other pics.

First, I resscanned the logo. I think it looks a lot better this time.

post-4-1086972465.jpg

Here's a newer, better .jpg of the YF-19. The new original scanned .tif is 2471 x 3525@300dpi.

post-4-1086972689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

The YF-21. I love the detail on these.

post-4-1086972880_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

I've got my Mech #13 and Mikimoto #16 today! They are AWESOME!!! :lol:

Edited by Wabbit

If anyone wants to try something with the Sharon pic, PM me and I'll get you the actual source .tif somehow.

can't seem to find that sharon picture I want. I'm looking for the robot box version of sharon apple. I have an idea, but witout this image, I can't make it happen. <_<

Ok, here's the sharon apple in blue!

Can you pull that off on the source .tif? I can send it you you if you like.

Is this the kind of sharon computer pic you were looking for?

post-4-1087358142_thumb.jpg