VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

What do you guys think about a small battroid in the corner?

Edit, fixed version couple posts down

Edited by Anubis

I think that the Batroid YF-21 should go in the right side of the big YF-21 image

I thought about that too actually after I posted it.

Just needed to scoot the -21 over so the battroid wouldn't overlap the text.

post-4-1087397119_thumb.jpg

Ok, here's the sharon apple in blue!

Can you pull that off on the source .tif? I can send it you you if you like.

Is this the kind of sharon computer pic you were looking for?

hmmm, almost like it, but I need a more clear shot of that and up close. Oh well, looks like everybody likes the blue sharon. And what was that you asked? Can I pull the picture off the source? All I did was save the picture you posted up and changed the colors. If you want a hi-rez one, send me the file and I'll tweak the colors. Send it here: labelstation2@hotmail.com :p:D:lol:

hmmm, almost like it, but I need a more clear shot of that and up close. Oh well, looks like everybody likes the blue sharon. And what was that you asked? Can I pull the picture off the source? All I did was save the picture you posted up and changed the colors. If you want a hi-rez one, send me the file and I'll tweak the colors. Send it here: labelstation2@hotmail.com :p:D:lol:

That's exactly what I meant actually, if you could do the blue conversion on the high res source pic. :lol:

It's on the way to you.

Edited by Anubis

That's exactly what I meant actually, if you could do the blue conversion on the high res source pic. :lol:

It's on the way to you.

still waiting for the files..... :p:D:lol:

It's on the way to you.

still waiting for the files..... :p:D:lol:

Coming, I have to get back home first. :p

ok, here's what I've done to Anubis's picture that he sent me of Sharon Apple. let me know what you guys think.

post-4-1087603681_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoBe-Patt

ok, here's what I've done to Anubis's picture that he sent me of Sharon Apple. let me know what you guys think.

I like it!

On a side note, I got my SDFM cases the other day... very nice, though I'm such a latecomer I got #'s 018 (Mech) and 024 (Mikimoto).

Wow! The Mikimoto got up to #24?! and the Mecha got #18? Good going guys! Both hit the minimum required and that's gotta pump people up! Hopefully we'll see bigger sales once the M+ box gets finished. Gotta make up that 100+ votes saying they'll buy! B))

I think I forgot to post i received my mech box (#14) on Monday and it's lovely :)

thanks to everyone for their hard work :)

i quite like the blue colour scheme macross plus boxes (the fighter diagrams with the macross plus logo on the top etc) :)

I like this one best. gotta have the flying hand as the spine. If someone mentions macross plus this is always the first image that comes to mind. Like the new sides and top. forget sharon unless we can add an additional slip piece to hold the DVD's in the box (think Full metal box set that only includes first disk. Just a folded up piece of cardboard that has some pics on the spine. If this were made out of the same material as the rest of the box I think it would look pretty awsome to have Sharon on the false spine.

post-4-1087842769_thumb.jpg

I like this one best. gotta have the flying hand as the spine.

you and i are of the same mind jwinges. i absolutely love the dessert image. i think the effort put in has been outstanding but with no disrespect i have to stick by this selection.

Going to post an updated sharon box with bobepatt's blue sharon example tonight. Might be a tough call between that one and the desert spine box. We'll see how the other one looks. I think many will be pleased with that one.

One plug for the desert box = the pics are pretty much ready to go. ;)

the sharon box, almost there.

Edited by Anubis

Going to post an updated sharon box with bobepatt's blue sharon example tonight. Might be a tough call between that one and the desert spine box. We'll see how the other one looks. I think many will be pleased with that one.

One plug for the desert box = the pics are pretty much ready to go. ;)

the sharon box, almost there.

We may need to start a new thread/poll, to help decide which box - I'm torn between them - and to tell the truth, I'd be happy with either of them...

Here's one with Bobe Patt's blue sharon. I think she could use being a shade darker possibly, to go better with the sides (maybe try the same shade as the sides?) but a blue sharon in general on the spine really does look pretty good. My heart's still on the desert spine, but this one is shaping to be a good alternative.

Any more feedback from Paul on the sides? Did he check how they would look? Or do I need to send him the better ones for him to check?

post-4-1087917157_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

can somebody send me a clean copy of the desert scene of the spine? I wanna try something. Thanx

I'll send it to you when I get home, I think I still have the originals.

BTW - I like the most recent lineart box with the sharon pic, but the little battroid pics look out of place.

Suggestion - perhaps we can use the Battroid pics closer to full size if we make some custom DVD covers. Two pics, two DVD's if we use the OVA, that way, we can use the Battroid pics, as they are very cool, but IMHO, they crowd up the fighter lineart sides, and draw attention away from them.

BTW - I like the most recent lineart box with the sharon pic, but the little battroid pics look out of place.

Suggestion - perhaps we can use the Battroid pics closer to full size if we make some custom DVD covers. Two pics, two DVD's if we use the OVA, that way, we can use the Battroid pics, as they are very cool, but IMHO, they crowd up the fighter lineart sides, and draw attention away from them.

i agree about the battroid pics. looks a tad too cluttered.

replacement covers is a great idea but:

1. i wouldn't want to see our current PS experts distracted from the main job of the box designs

2. not everyone has access to a full colour printer :(

its too bad PC doesnt do cover replacement projects.

can somebody send me a clean copy of the desert scene of the spine? I wanna try something. Thanx

Sending pic to you

Sharon box updated. Much better shade this time.

Battroid Pics removed. It does look cleaner without them.

post-4-1087964498_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Perhaps it would look better if you try to match the blue tones of the planes and Sharon, to the blue of the Macross Plus Pyramid

Gotta be careful with the side panels though. They can't be too dark otherwise the text will not show. That's why DA put this color up.

aight guys, let me know what you think about the merged pictures. I'm iffy about it, but if you guys give me some imput on it, I might be able to tweek it to look better:

post-4-1088013386_thumb.jpg

aight guys, let me know what you think about the merged pictures. I'm iffy about it, but if you guys give me some imput on it, I might be able to tweek it to look better:

Interesting idea. Could warrant some experimentation.

I do have to note though that Isamu looks like he's trying to cop a feel. :lol:

Edited by Anubis