VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

What are the boxes made of?

Glorious shiny metal.

you mean glorious shiny plastic with a metal overlay.

"the designs applied to brushed silver ABS through a digital laser imaging process and are fitted over a frame fashioned from a single piece of rigid aluminum. "

What are the boxes made of?

Glorious shiny metal.

you mean glorious shiny plastic with a metal overlay.

"the designs applied to brushed silver ABS through a digital laser imaging process and are fitted over a frame fashioned from a single piece of rigid aluminum. "

It's still shiny.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be so wishy-washy, but now after like a month of looking at BoBe-Patt's Sharon/Desert Spine, I find that I like the old, plain, Isamu Desert Spine better. Either way, I'll still be picking up a DVD case, but I just wanted to throw my $.02 back in to the conversation.

I hate to be so wishy-washy, but now after like a month of looking at BoBe-Patt's Sharon/Desert Spine, I find that I like the old, plain, Isamu Desert Spine better.  Either way, I'll still be picking up a DVD case, but I just wanted to throw my $.02 back in to the conversation.

I like the clean original better too, but the Bobe-patt special is a good compromise at least. Whatever makes the most people happy. It's great to see the saga coming to an end soon finally.

Edited by Anubis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice, where did the left flight pics come from? Never seen those.

oh yeah i forgot to mention. those are the original size of the pictures. as for making them tifs... are you talking about the fighter pics? :unsure:

tell me what to do and ill gladly change it accordingly.  ;)

What TheLoneWolf is asking is if you have the original source of these images, be it from a book or poster or whatnot. To use these images we need them to be .tifs at a minimum 300 dpi. Those .jpgs that you've attached are only at 72 dpi. Not usable for when we scale them up and use them to make the boxes.

This was discussed in the first few pages(3 and up) of this thread.

Hey Neil, have you gotten around to scanning the YF-21 cockpit images yet?

What TheLoneWolf is asking if you have the original source of these images be it from a book or poster or whatnot. To use these images we need them to be .tifs at a minimum 300 dpi. Those .jpgs that you've attached are only at 72 dpi. Not usable for when we scale them up and use them to make the boxes.

oh sorry... mustve missed that. :o

heres the webpage that i got it from. maybe we can get someone who knows japanese to email him to see if the person is willing to give us a full size picture of his works. :unsure:

http://www.01.246.ne.jp/~eri-shun/gall_macross.htm

What TheLoneWolf is asking if you have the original source of these images be it from a book or poster or whatnot.  To use these images we need them to be .tifs at a minimum 300 dpi.   Those .jpgs that you've attached are only at 72 dpi.  Not usable for when we scale them up and use them to make the boxes. 

oh sorry... mustve missed that. :o

heres the webpage that i got it from. maybe we can get someone who knows japanese to email him to see if the person is willing to give us a full size picture of his works. :unsure:

http://www.01.246.ne.jp/~eri-shun/gall_macross.htm

Hey just keep the combos coming. Like I told anubis, you may come up with some great combos.

Also to quote Mechamaniac

So, the long and short of it is that we can mess around all we want with web images. But when it comes time to assemble all of them, we will need some members who are willing to scan the images for whomever is doing the photoshopping.

If you can get the person who did the CG images to give you some hi-res versions then you're good to go.

Hey just keep the combos coming. Like I told anubis, you may come up with some great combos.

Thanx! I'll do that.

If you can get the person who did the CG images to give you some hi-res versions then you're good to go.

Can we get some help on that? anyone willing to volunteer? anyone who knows Japanese and is willing to help, plz see if you can get in contact of the owner of the site to get these pictures. from the sounds of it, i think people here in MW wouldnt mind having those fighter pictures as a choice for our box. :)

I guess in the meantime, I'll try to come up with some designs with our current scans. <_<:p

Hey Dangard, I just sent you the super-secret link :p

AlphaHX, thanks for posting those pics, they're amazing. Like Dangard said, we can't use images unless they're scanned in high resolution. However, I really do appreciate your effort and enthusiasm. :)

One more thing to everyone who're making mock-ups: please remember that the cockpit images are rectangular. If both were to be squeezed on to one side of the box (almost the same size as a regular DVD case), they would end up being very small and lose most of their detail. Of course, this could be avoided by simply cutting the cockpit image in half (as I did with my mock-up), but then you'd have only one YF cockpit on the box. Choices choices...

Just my nickel ;)

One more thing to everyone who're making mock-ups: please remember that the cockpit images are rectangular. If both were to be squeezed on to one side of the box (almost the same size as a regular DVD case), they would end up being very small and lose most of their detail. Of course, this could be avoided by simply cutting the cockpit image in half (as I did with my mock-up), but then you'd have only one YF cockpit on the box. Choices choices...

i dunno about other guys but whether small, big... the cockpits will probably still look damn nice anyway you put it. let your imagination run wild people. my 2 cents is that i would think it'll be better for our mockups to be different so can get some more ideas in. as great as TLW's cockpit layout is, we'll leave his great design to him. i dunno if we need to see 50 copies of his design. also as far as his layout goes, i think TLW's design is pretty darn top notch. i dunno about other people's designing skills but my non-imaginative mind says i cant do too much more with that.

with that said, go buck wild... lets try to get a design that all of us will love! :lol: