VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Whatever happened to the cockpit mock-up that Paul was supposed to do?

i decided to go back and read some posts of the impressions of the old layouts and i realized a lot of people liked the lineart so in this layout i tried to implement back in for people who wanted it. also i wanted to use the layout since i knew you guys already have hi-res scans of it. enjoy.

gradient.

i know im posting the same layout over and over again but im doing it just for the lineart panel obviously. i just want to throw in more ideas. im assuming in the end, we're going to pick panels from all the designers and more or less make up a whole new box since most of the layouts so far have been pretty damn good imo. so yeah... im just letting the ideas flowing. please tell me if its getting annoying and that i should stop. :unsure:

Edited by AlphaHX

wow. so many combos now. i like some of the cg stuff posted 2 pages back. not a fan of having macross plus emblazoned on all sides of the box. and i still want the dessert spine image.

here you go Mr. Disco. keeping the macross plus to a minimal. one on the front and one of the side and now added with the desert image.

Edited by AlphaHX

Whatever happened to the cockpit mock-up that Paul was supposed to do?

Paul's been on vacation, and will be back later next week or so.

AlphaHX, those designs ROCK!!!

I asked Paul for an update, and he said he actually prefers one of the newer mock ups to the stuff we had originally sent.

I like the black background, and the composites Alpha HX is doing are sweet!!

AlphaHX, those designs ROCK!!!

I asked Paul for an update, and he said he actually prefers one of the newer mock ups to the stuff we had originally sent.

I like the black background, and the composites Alpha HX is doing are sweet!!

Thanx for the kind words Mechamaniac. I'll keep them coming if people are liking it. Here are some more.

yf-21 in front:

Edited by AlphaHX

i prefer the original coloured desert spine

i like the m+ logo on the top, followed by the pic of the trio. not a fan of the sharon logo

the line art of the mechs may be a little cluttered. the schematic work is neat. still like some of the cg pics posted about 2 pages back.

nice work. none of these comments are meant to imply any kind of 'bashing'.

i prefer the original coloured desert spine

i like the m+ logo on the top, followed by the pic of the trio. not a fan of the sharon logo

the line art of the mechs may be a little cluttered. the schematic work is neat. still like some of the cg pics posted about 2 pages back.

nice work. none of these comments are meant to imply any kind of 'bashing'.

no harm done. i like the criticism. i know i cant make everyone happy but ill do what i can. see if u like this one better.

its kinda rough but im hoping everyone will get the gist of it. ill clean it up later when i get the chance. school started and i got some reading to catch up on. hope you guys like this one. enjoy.

Edited by AlphaHX

btw, dont feel afraid to SUGGEST anything. I can switch it up in couple of seconds or im sure another photoshopper will do it. You can even suggest it even if u are just curious how it would turn up. just let me know. this is for everyone so itll be nice if whoever is buying one would give their 2 cents. plus, i might not even get one since college books just took a fat bite out of my macross funds. :( so yeah, since its for those who are paying for it, chip in. let us designers know what you want. ;)

what aobut the last option but swap the cockpit images with the schematic, and replace the spine with just the coloured desert background

here ya go. the desert spine stands out a lot. :ph34r:

MrDisco, did you want the cock pits where the macross triangle and trio is?... or did you like this one better?... let me know.

edit: cockpits added to top.

Edited by AlphaHX

thats one idea..i would keep the verticals as is but swap the top of the box with the combined cokcpit image (that would be the only place where the word m+ would be written)

flattened out the spine does stick out but when folded up i like it.

or instead of schematics try out some of teh cg work posted a few pages back

i tried to implement sharon back into the background of the desert picture and was just messing around and came up with this so far. it looks REALLY simple... but i just wanted to see what u guys thought and what you wanted me to add. ive been having a lot trouble coming up with new ideas since my imagination blows and im running out of pictures to use. <_<:p

or instead of schematics try out some of teh cg work posted a few pages back

I dunno when u started to follow the thread but I cant use the cg work cuz i dont have the original hi res version of it. so using those pictures would be useless since we cant use them in the final design. :(

thats one idea..i would keep the verticals as is but swap the top of the box with the combined cokcpit image (that would be the only place where the word m+ would be written)

I replaced the other picture. Check it out and tell me what you think.

Edited by AlphaHX

hehe, that last one is what I did to the spine only though! good job on the other ones! I might have to jump in and make some mock ups of my own! :p:D:lol:

Thanx for the compliments guys!

By all means BoBe-Patt, please do! I would love to see some of your designs and I'm sure others would love to see them as well. ;):D

Dude, seriously...you gotta stop! - 

I'm on cool ass case overload, I want them all now!

Hahah, thanx again Mechamaniac. Well, if you want me to stop, pick a design so we can get these designs made! ;)

Now... if only we can get Paul to make several of these... :p

Edited by AlphaHX