VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Hey, I'm not the final authority on this by any means. I want everyone to come to as close a consensus as we can. I'm just trying to keep the thread moving so it doesn't stall again.

I'm all for going ahead with #21 and #10 if Paul is willing to do two boxes again.

As to the abyssmal comment - if you tally the votes, we would have had almost 130 cases ordered. As such, Paul cut us a deal on the price. What actually came to be was less than 50 cases, perhaps even less than 40. Paul was still cool enough to honor his lower price even though the turnout was less than 50 percent of what it should have been.

Since youre in contact with Paul, we should have you be in charge of the votes and counts.

I too will go ahead with #21 and #10 if Paul is willing to do two boxes. Even with Mechamaniac getting me one box, I'll be more than willing to get the other box as well. I would love to have both my designs made... unfortunately, we cant have everything. :p

As far as the SDF box not doing well, Im actually wondering if people were waiting on the Mac Plus box. I was considering on getting both the SDF and Mac Plus at the same time. Problem was that at the time that I found this thread, the Mac Plus box didnt even exist yet... and still doesnt. :blink::p

Im also just trying to get this thread moving along. Thats why I'm willing to change designs and even create new ones just to see what people like. But I think its time we finally settle a single design so we can start ordering! :D;)

Edited by AlphaHX

Yes!

I've been keeping track of the votes, and like I said, 21 is in the lead, 10 is close behind, and 14 is making a showing. :lol:

Did you get ahold of Paul?, what suggestions did he have? I am very interested in those, but Paul has told me that he is trying not to influence our designs unduly, he's been awesome about every aspect of this project, a true professional.

I think 21 is good to go as is. That seems to be the consensus (at least amongst the 21 fans).

Let's do what we can with 10, and see if we can get a solid design out of the suggestions everyone has made, and we will go with that one too.

We're in the home strecth guys, so, let's bring this sucker to a close!!!!

Yes!

I've been keeping track of the votes, and like I said, 21 is in the lead, 10 is close behind, and 14 is making a showing. :lol:

Did you get ahold of Paul?, what suggestions did he have? I am very interested in those, but Paul has told me that he is trying not to influence our designs unduly, he's been awesome about every aspect of this project, a true professional.

I think 21 is good to go as is. That seems to be the consensus (at least amongst the 21 fans).

Let's do what we can with 10, and see if we can get a solid design out of the suggestions everyone has made, and we will go with that one too.

We're in the home strecth guys, so, let's bring this sucker to a close!!!!

I just emailed Paul eariler today. I havent heard back from him but I asked him for suggestions and ideas. From what I've seen from his other designs, I definitely would like a second opinion from him. I'm all ears... especially someone as talented as him. I'll tweak around some more after I hear back from him and his suggestions on the designs.

I hope this sells well. I would absolutely love #10 to get made too. It'll be a honor on part to see my designs being made and sold. :)

Am I the only one that likes the character triangle on top? (even if it does have to be rather small...). Perhaps flipping it around so that the bottom edge of the triangle is at the opening of the box would improve its asthetic (as the way it is now would be upside down from any normal view of it).

If not that image, might I suggest some varient of this one, which should be thin enough to fit in that space.

Sharon_Apple2.gif

Edited by Keith

If not that image, might I suggest some varient of this one, which should be thin enough to fit in that space.

Sharon_Apple2.gif

I like that transparent image of Sharon alot. I wonder if it would look better on 21 or 10? I think maybe 10 since the background is dark like it was in the concert scene?.

Am I the only one that likes the character triangle on top? (even if it does have to be rather small...). Perhaps flipping it around so that the bottom edge of the triangle is at the opening of the box would improve its asthetic (as the way it is now would be upside down from any normal view of it).

Keith, dont worry about the character triangle for now. Like i said, nothing is final. We can vote on it later.

I like that transparent image of Sharon alot. I wonder if it would look better on 21 or 10? I think maybe 10 since the background is dark like it was in the concert scene?.

I have no trouble trying out that image at all... but then theres the obviously question of... do we have a hi res scan of that image? If not... unfortunately there isnt much point of using it. :(

ugg i guess if forced i'll vote 10..anything but 21. but i really think you guys are making a mistake by using the schematcis on the one side and having the 2 pyramids unbalanced as they are.

I made a design specifically for you that met every one of your specifications but it just didnt get enuf votes. I think it was #14. We cant get everything that we want. I even made a new design with the two triangles on both sides to see what people thought.

OK guys, I just got an e-mail from Paul.

He is willing to do two cases as before!

So, 21 is pretty much good to go, all we need to do is finalize 10, and we're ready to order.

Thanks again.

That is GREAT news. I actually still havent heard back from him but wow... I for one am really happy that hes doing two boxes! :D

Btw, which 21 are we choosing? we should see vote if we want the character triangle or not...

OK guys, I just got an e-mail from Paul.

He is willing to do two cases as before!

So, 21 is pretty much good to go, all we need to do is finalize 10, and we're ready to order.

Thanks again.

Best news I've seen all thread. If you can read this, thanks a bunch Paul! Hell, I might buy both designs just because the choice was offered. I think one of my other friends would like a case for their Macross Plus DVDs anyway.

After giving some thought, now that we can have two boxes I decided to simplify some of the designs. Since before with the choice of one box, I felt like I needed to cram as much as possible into the design.

First up, a cleaner version of the desert scheme.

Edited by AlphaHX

Please let me know what you think. With two boxes, I feel that I should make it as good as can be. The more people like it, the more people will buy. When it comes down to it, Paul is doing us a HUGE favor by letting us have two boxes. I feel that we owe it to him to show that his decision was not a mistake and that we will buy the boxes and make it worth his wild. ;)

Lets first choose 2 out of the 3 designs and we'll start tweaking from there.

Hopefully everyone could benefit from this and will end up getting a box! :D

Edited by AlphaHX

I like the triangles and cockpit, but they are all three very nice. I would like to see the Sharon triangle on the spine of the desert box. I would like to thank AlphaHX for all of the hard work he has put into designing these boxes and I look forward to getting two beautiful boxes...

Must...have...the new triangles box! Wow, that triangles box looks fantastic! That is my new favorite by far. Want it!

Number 21 is looking a lot better now! The simplified look definitely works for that desert landscape.

The cockpits one is really good, but I don't like the smaller cockpit pictures on the spine. Doesn't look right.

I like the triangles and cockpit, but they are all three very nice. I would like to see the Sharon triangle on the spine of the desert box. I would like to thank AlphaHX for all of the hard work he has put into designing these boxes and I look forward to getting two beautiful boxes...

I'm just glad you guys like them! :D

Must...have...the new triangles box! Wow, that triangles box looks fantastic! That is my new favorite by far. Want it!

Number 21 is looking a lot better now! The simplified look definitely works for that desert landscape.

The cockpits one is really good, but I don't like the smaller cockpit pictures on the spine. Doesn't look right.

Glad you like the triangle box. I dont think it was getting enough love from other ppl besides spooncivicR and MrDisco. I'll deal with tweaking it around later... if it even makes it into the final two. :p

I'm all about the new cockpit design, great work AlphaHX :)

Thanks. I shouldnt get the credit tho. You were the first to have the cockpits placed like that. I just simplified the design a bit.

I have a couple large images of transparent sharon, give me an address to send them too, as they're a bit too big to post here.

You can always link it like the other high res pictures. If you want me to, I'll PM you my email address. Is it at least 300 dpi quality? If you have any other high res pictures, please let us know. The more the better. It'll give a lot more to work with. :D

Alpha, not to bring about revision number 432, but the desert spine case...

What happened to the superimposed Myung?

Can the YF-19 be put on there in a normal stature, the inverted thing looks kind of weird. If anything, the YF-19 inverted should be on the bottom since Isamu flew it feet off the ground like that. Just a suggestion.

And I agree with what was said about the cockpit box, overall, it looks great, but I would remove the mini images on the spine. Remember, we need to leave a little space for Paul to put the MW logo on.

Thanks again!

Alpha, not to bring about revision number 432, but the desert spine case...

What happened to the superimposed Myung?

Can the YF-19 be put on there in a normal stature, the inverted thing looks kind of weird.  If anything, the YF-19 inverted should be on the bottom since Isamu flew it feet off the ground like that.  Just a suggestion.

And I agree with what was said about the cockpit box, overall, it looks great, but I would remove the mini images on the spine.  Remember, we need to leave a little space for Paul to put the MW logo on.

Thanks again!

Hehe... revision 432... and much more to time. You guys should check out my computer. I have every revision that was made and every box design. Hahah... I'm just glad I have a big hard drive. These photoshop images are huge! :blink:

The reason why i didnt put the yf-19 right side up or on the bottom is cuz the plane is actually facing the sides and isnt even flying in the same direction as the yf-21. With it upside down, it actually looks like theyre flying towards the same direction at least.

Btw Isamu has flown it upsidedown above the Guld before. At the start of the "test" fight, Isamu flew it upsidedown above Guld and then Guld changed into battroid mode and hit butted him. :p

This is what I mean, if people like it better right side up, ill keep it this way but imo, it looks even weirder this way. :huh:

Edited by AlphaHX

OK, I see your point about the YF-19, but it looks just as much like the 19 is just banking to get position behind Guld, it still looks good IMHO.

I definitely like the superimposed Myung, she has to be on there somewhere, especially with Isamu reaching out like he is, towards Sharon, towards Myung etc.

Is there any way to do a similar superimpose of Guld & Isamu behind the planes?

Edited by Mechamaniac

OK, I see your point about the YF-19.

I definitely like the superimposed Myung, she has to be on there somewhere, especially with Isamu reaching out like he is, towards Sharon, towards Myung etc.

Is there any way to do a similar superimpose of Guld & Isamu behind the planes?

Sure, I have their heads as well as their back to back pictures. I'll see what I can do. We should first decide which 2 of the 3 is going be made and like I've said before, I'll deal with tweaks later. I have no problem making a billion revisions after we decide the final 2.

I liked the superimposed Myung too. But the reason why I kept the designs so clean is so we can add things like Myung in later if people wanted it. I wanted to start off simple and then working our way up from there. ;)

Edited by AlphaHX

I really like the superimposed Myung.

The YF-19 looked a lot better upside down IMO. Better layout that way.

I also like the idea of the similarly superimposed Guld/Isamu behind the planes.

Edited by Anubis

I really like the superimposed Myung.

The YF-19 looked a lot better upside down IMO. Better layout that way.

I also like the idea of the similarly superimposed Guld/Isamu behind the planes.

I whipped these up just to give you guys an idea of how the superimposed Guld and Isamu would be. IMHO, it seems cluttered again. Its a bit busy and looks like Isamu and Guld was forced into the picture. Just my 2 cents. Its up to you guys. :)

Same here, the right one looks busy, but the left one looks pretty good.

Can we see that one on a spread.

You can make them smaller if you think they're too big for the superimpose. Maybe try reducing them to 1/2 or 3/4 the original height?

Edited by Anubis

Same here, the right one looks busy, but the left one looks pretty good.

Can we see that one on a spread.

You can make them smaller if you think they're too big for the superimpose.

Edit: Made Isamu and Guld smaller.

I sorta works imo. They look a bit out of place with the planes there too. But like I said, up to you guys. Hopefully others will like it too.

Edit: no title. moved isamu and guld a bit up.

Edited by AlphaHX

That looks really good there. I like having the Guld/Isamu in there.

Do you think it would look better if the size was reduced on the guld and isamu?

As is works too though.

Edited by Anubis

love cockpit box, not a fan of the spine..put in the desert there

the triangles isn't bad but do we know how the faded backgrounds will turn out? also not a fan of the spine

Being that its a 3 dvd case, we cant have TOO much on the spine. Most dvd cases usually have very little, if any designs on it. Most of the important artwork is on the front and back cover.

Like I said before, I did what I could with your suggestions but unfortunately not many people voted on your design. I dont think the desert picture on the spine is going to happen and if it is... its most like going to be superimposed. The dark pictures and the colored desert picture is just too much contrast.