VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Very, very cool. This being my first Paul Champagne case, I can't really compare it to anything, but I'm really amazed at

his cases are top notch in quality. what makes or breaks the deal is the quality of the art work given to him. case in point the evangelion box. a bit uninspired. also some people may find the notched edges distracting.

Very, very cool.  This being my first Paul Champagne case, I can't really compare it to anything, but I'm really amazed at

his cases are top notch in quality. what makes or breaks the deal is the quality of the art work given to him. case in point the evangelion box. a bit uninspired. also some people may find the notched edges distracting.

Needless to say, I feel very approvingly of the quality of the artwork that I gave him. :lol:

What I really meant was the material. It's very neat and not nearly as metal in feel as I thought it would be. It is definitely very metallic - particularly the finish, but I think I almost expected something more like sheet aluminum, which it's not - thank god. It's exceptionally sturdy - which I'm sure has alot to do with the notched edges.

I'm super pleased with it, I think the rest of you guys will be too.

I just woke up and went downstairs to find my Mikimoto box wating for me. All I can say is I'm completely stunned. I was not expecting the quality to be half as good as it is. It's one of the most sturdiest boxes I've seen. Plus the Art work Is Great. Mad props go out to the guys who worked on the art. Thanks to Mechamaniac for putting this thing together, and thanks to Paul Champagne for doing the boxes. I'm really considering ordering the mech version now.

Now for all you slackers that voted and didn't order. Get your ass in gear and go order one today.

ok, one question. I have the animego macross boxset, the one that has all nine dvd's in one box. I was wondering if these cases will fit the whole boxset including the box? Or can I have it specially made to fit the box as well? Please let me know as I don't want to seperate the 9 dvd's from the box. Thanx

ok, one question. I have the animego macross boxset, the one that has all nine dvd's in one box. I was wondering if these cases will fit the whole boxset including the box? Or can I have it specially made to fit the box as well? Please let me know as I don't want to seperate the 9 dvd's from the box. Thanx

So, you want to put your animeigo slipcase inside the Champagne box?. I don't think it has that much tolerance top and bottom, but ultimately, someone will have to try it out.

The Champagne boxes are designed to hold the 9 Animego DVD's, DYRL, FB2012, and the 20th Anniversary DVD.

Where's mine? :(

Did he ship with USPS or UPS?

USPS dropped off two packages today, one from Hobby Fan, and the other BBTS with my YF-19.

Hopefully tonight, and definately tomorrow I will work on M+. Would have done it sooner but going to school 5:30PM-9PM Monday thru Thursday after working 8-5 sucks. Have to do it though. I do have the ideas worked out at least.

Got my Mech box in today! #008

post-4-1086461356_thumb.jpg

side. Flash angle made this pic seem a little darker than it really is.

post-4-1086461425_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

side

post-4-1086461447_thumb.jpg

discs + top. I thinpak'd the Anniversary disc and Macross II so I could fit the 13.

post-4-1086461736_thumb.jpg

man,i can't wait.mine should be here any day now.it's a shame there's only 30 orders though.everybody who said they'd get 1 should ante-up,these look real nice :)

So, you want to put your animeigo slipcase inside the Champagne box?. I don't think it has that much tolerance top and bottom, but ultimately, someone will have to try it out.

The Champagne boxes are designed to hold the 9 Animego DVD's, DYRL, FB2012, and the 20th Anniversary DVD.

oh really? I thought it was only made to fit the 9 dvd's. I see. I wonder if Paul can make them smaller for just the 9 dvd's?

Somebody post some Mikimoto Box pics. I want to see a production one of those. :)

It's on the top shelf of one of my dvd racks next to my Eva and Escaflowne boxes.

Wow, the silver replacing the white looks awesome.

I don't have to worry about the white then in the Macross Plus pics, if it translates to that nice shiny silver.

Both Macross boxes really came out great.

Expect some M+ updates today.

NEW MACROSS PLUS DESIGNS

newtest1. Original group collage with a full sharon pic on the right. That is exactly the Sharon pic I wanted to find.

post-4-1086642621_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

newtest2. New side collage (upgrade from the CD pic) with secondary characters as well, and a full sharon pic on the right. 19/21 appear on the spine and top. Pretty good mix on this one I think. Not sure about the logo and a picture on the top though. Depends on how well they can be blended together.

post-4-1086642816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Is this 19/21 pic worth incorporating into a design?

post-4-1086643203_thumb.jpg

newtest3. With that new 19/21 pic. Not sure about how good that one looks, though it would come out really shiny.

post-4-1086643523_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis