VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Again, the only problem is we need images we can actually get source material to scan and get nice 300dpi, high res grabs of. The majority of web images is around 72dpi at nowhere near the res we need.

That's why I only posted the few images I have available. Although I still need high res scans of the pyramids, though I'm confident we can get those easy enough off the soundtrack CD's or other sources.

The other option is to go the CG route with some custom renders in the right dpi and resolution from a few skilled people, but like the SDF Macross box, artwork would still be best.

Edited by Anubis

Cool someone's working on the MacPlus case. Go for it guy. B))

Anyways: UPDATE on the 12 DVD boxset....(well The Mikimoto Boxset.)

Paul has received the images he needed from me and should be able to start the process of making the Mikimoto boxes for you lucky people who ordered that version.

Blaine23: I've also sent Paul the two side images for your boxset.

Current order count as of 1pm today(april 16):

Mech box: 13

Mikimoto box: 16

Cool someone's working on the MacPlus case. Go for it guy. B))

Anyways: UPDATE on the 12 DVD boxset....(well The Mikimoto Boxset.)

Paul has received the images he needed from me and should be able to start the process of making the Mikimoto boxes for you lucky people who order that version.

Blaine23: I've also sent Paul the two side images for your boxset.

Current order count as of 1pm today(april 16):

Mech box: 13

Mikimoto box: 16

Sweet... now all I've got to do is send Paul my top and back images and we're good to go.

Thanks for the help with the sides, DA.

Also - great job on the Mac Plus designs, guys. Keep 'em coming!

Sweet... now all I've got to do is send Paul my top and back images and we're good to go.

Thanks for the help with the sides, DA.

Also - great job on the Mac Plus designs, guys.  Keep 'em coming!

Hey Blaine,

not a problem. Oh yeah, could you send Paul the logos? The Macross logo and the Macrossworld logo. I forgot to scan and send those to him. :rolleyes:

All right, great job you two. So all the images are being submitted then, and we can get some boxes soon. :) I have Paul customing a Rurouni Kenshin artbox for me now as well. Can't wait.

I'm still stunned there are so few orders though after all this :angry:

I mean look at the poll numbers, and only 29 total so far <_<

Maybe now that all the images have been obtained a few more people will make some orders. I hope at least.

Now we just need some more help on the Mac+ boxes.

There's only one or two more mods I can make to my designs before I'm out of ideas, and pics I have scanned. After this I need another artbook.

Anymore thoughts on some of the ones I've come up with, anyone? Good, bad, crap, sweet, whatever?

I appreciate the attempts and input of the few who have commented and made suggestions so far. Keep the ideas rolling. BTW, I do have the Isamu in the cockpit image as well, I am going to try something with that as well. Probably as another top image.

Edited by Anubis

Sweet, hopefully we're nearing the end of part 1 of this process.

I really hope that once we see the real thing some more orders flow in. Like most, I am shocked by the amount of thread views and posts, and poll votes that ulimately only resulted in 29 boxes being ordered.

It would be nice to get to a respectable 50 or so at least.

Well, once I order mine, and the ones for Blaine and DA, we should at least break 30.

Thanks for ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK GUYS!!

Hopefully we'll get more interest on the Max Plus box.

I'm planning on putting in an order. I had previously emailed Paul about having the Macross box by 'Sonryu' (Linked on his site) done, but that was many a moon ago, and I haven't really spent a whole lot of personal $$ since. I see myself putting in an order for the MECH version, even though getting the Mikimoto art version IS tempting.

Hi

I sort of found out about these cases from the Paul Champagne site and love the look of the Macross related ones you've come up with.

I guess what i'm saying is, would it be ok if i were to place an order for one of the Mech design boxes in the near future?*

Or is that being too cheeky as i've only just registered?

Both designs are great but the mech case would probably look better on my shelves.

I've been meaning to get the series for a while as I love Macross Plus and can't help but think, why not jump in at the deep end :) (especially as the pound is favourable at the moment).

With regards to the Macross Plus box designs shown so far I would have to say I really like most of them, but think that the design by Anubis with the two blue logos or the one with the blue logo on one side and the red logo on the other side would look great - the Paul Champagne boxes can make certain colours really stand out.

I can just about picture the effect the metalic backing might have on the blue logo but can't describe it.

I've got the Eva, BGC2040 and Gasaraki metal boxes here and they are beautiful when the light catches them** - especially the use of pastal colours on the Gasaraki box and the way the light catches the red/blue of the Nene panel on the BGC box (the Eva box by comparison seems a tad "flat").

Thanks and apologies for making this as my first post.

*I would just need to sort out a paypal account, which could take me a couple of weeks.

**If anyone wants i could try and get some pics of the effect various light conditions have on the various colours (but i'm not a great photographer and only have a Cannon A60)

Edited by Nilrem

Hi

I sort of found out about these cases from the Paul Champagne site and love the look of the Macross related ones you've come up with.

I guess what i'm saying is, would it be ok if i were to place an order for one of the Mech design boxes in the near future?*

Or is that being too cheeky as i've only just registered?

Both designs are great but the mech case would probably look better on my shelves.

I've been meaning to get the series for a while as I love Macross Plus and can't help but think, why not jump in at the deep end :) (especially as the pound is favourable at the moment).

With regards to the Macross Plus box designs shown so far I would have to say I really like most of them, but think that the design by Anubis with the two blue logos or the one with the blue logo on one side and the red logo on the other side would look great - the Paul Champagne boxes can make certain colours really stand out.

I can just about picture the effect the metalic backing might have on the blue logo but can't describe it.

I've got the Eva, BGC2040 and Gasaraki metal boxes here and they are beautiful when the light catches them** - especially the use of pastal colours on the Gasaraki box and the way the light catches the red/blue of the Nene panel on the BGC box (the Eva box by comparison seems a tad "flat").

Thanks and apologies for making this as my first post.

*I would just need to sort out a paypal account, which could take me a couple of weeks.

**If anyone wants i could try and get some pics of the effect various light conditions have on the various colours (but i'm not a great photographer and only have a Cannon A60)

It wouldn't be cheeky at all, good sir. We aren't exclusive like that and we could frankly use as many orders as we can get.

Besides, I also have a Canon A60... I love mine. ;)

Welcome to Macrossworld!

Yeah, welcome to MacrossWorld! Tell your friends! Have them sign up and buy some boxes too.

Now someone scan some more M+ images to play with so we can finish that box! :ph34r: We also need scans of the red and blue pyramids.

I've put the best test setups that I can at this time with what I have, minus stiill needing the pyramids. The 19/21 cg-ish shot just didn't blend very well with anything so far.

So far there's this one:

box3temp2.jpg

And this one, which could be done with either one of each pyramid, or the same one on both sides. These are the best images out of the ones I scanned.

box2tempb.jpg

Some actual Sharon images would again be a big help.

Edited by Anubis

I'm glad to hear the TV-series box is about to go into production. I like what I'm seeing with the Mac+ boxes, will have to look over all designs, but each one looks interesting to me. I hope someone will try to work with the cg 19/21 pic, I'd really like to see that on one side of the box. Anyway, keep them designs coming :lol:

thanks for the warm welcome :)

i'll order the box tonight :D

mind you it'll probably be a few weeks before i get round to ordering the DVD's to go in it :lol:

[edit]

1 "the mech" style case ordered :D

Edited by Nilrem

Well,i'll order a mech 12 DVD box when the mac+ design is finished,because i want both on the same shipping,because i'm from Spain and it will be wise to combine shipping unless i want to give all my money to USPS :p

Well,what i would like to Mac + is

Ideal design:

Spine:Isamu in the desert with the planes in the upper part of the image without any macross plus words

Top: macrossp.jpg or macross_plus_dyson_mechas_images_pics_galleries_sharon_apple_veritech_fighter2.jpg

if someone can get them at the right quality if not,then the blue piramid logo with The Macross Plus logo below (even tresspasing the borders to the front and back images,but not cutting them,only through the black border)

Front and Back:

The art with the YF-19 in the top,the YF-21 in the bottom and Isamu,Guld and Myung in the center of the image.A very very nice artwork.With black border or if someone has enough photoshop skills,extend the sky to the border of the box

Oh! i have just notice this,that image has to be cleaned,the back part of Isamu has a brown color that doesn't go there,so replace it with sky also :rolleyes:

And finally the last image should be the YF-19 and the YF-21 flying side to side

The box i dream is simillar to this one

box1temp.jpg

But with the modifications i have introduced,i mean,the top should be the blue piramid including the macross plus words,the spine is the right image but without the macross plus words,the characters image should be cleaned(the brown behind Isamu looks crappy) and the border should be black (or extend the sky to the borders of the box) and finally the image of the two planes,with or without macross plus words,but with the Macross World logo in the rigth bottom part of the image (the black part)

Well i hope i have explained my self enough good to you to try my desing :rolleyes: (that's because i'm from Spain and i don't speak english as well as i would want :( )

Thanks for your kind attention and keep up the good work!

I actually have a scan of the "Isamu in the cockpit" image. Here's a workup with that on top. The problem I see with that is the box seems too Isame-centric. Not the same balance. The cockpit image is a nice one though. Would go nicely overlaid on top of a sharon image. Maybe transparencied over the 19/21 shot in the bottom right corner of that pic?

post-4-1083765441_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Here is a workup with the blue logo on top. Not bad really. The 19/21 pic needs a color cleanup from someone talented before it's ready to be used though.

Like on the other boxes with the logo/cross further up, the pyramid can wrap around the edge of the box top until it hits the side images as well.

post-4-1083765585_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

how about taking your last post and swapping out the portrait pic on the left with the blue pyramid. i dislike having the pyramid chopped when its placed on the top or spine as it ruins the effect of the image.

how about taking your last post and swapping out the portrait pic on the left with the blue pyramid. i dislike having the pyramid chopped when its placed on the top or spine as it ruins the effect of the image.

Even wrapped around the edges like I did in the previous design with the two pyramids? Gives it a kind of unified look like we did on the Macross boxes in a way.

post-4-1083768814_thumb.jpg

Here's Mr. Disco's requested sample. Not bad actually.

post-4-1083768965_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

WOW! :o:o:o You have been VERY fast!!!!

I think that the second box is better (the one with the piramid on top) and i think that it should wrap around the edges.

I think also that the bottom right side of the two planes image,should be reserved for the Macrossworld logo,and as you are so interested in Sharon,i think that perhaps she could make a transparence appearance in the top of the box with the blue piramid logo as the back-image or if you don't want to use that image,then i think that she could be in the spine along the blue sky between isamu and the fighters in a soft transparency.

Oh,and i don't like the piramid to be in the back in the front or the back

Edit: The image with the two fighters should be centered,because i think that it should go in a lower place to have the same border in the upper part than in the lower part. The piramid logo in the top,should be in the direction as it appears here test5_5b.jpg not as here topex.jpg

More edit :p (i'm feeling creative this time)

Sharon could appear as in this image (sorry for the big size) well i have painted a little and if someone can resize,clean or something like this,it should go in the black corner of the two fighters image.

Edited by vibayo

or you can put this under the piramid logo (supposing that someone can find the image to scan it at the right quality)

Edit:This one is a good image of her also

nactv2_sharon.jpg

post-4-1083770981_thumb.jpg

Edited by vibayo

More beautifull images that could be added (sorry for the flood,but i'm very lazy today and i don't have nothing to do than this :p and of course,i like Macross Plus too much to let this opportunity pass on me without taking part in the design phase :D )

isamu8.jpg

dh2k010330067.jpg

Perhaps this logo instead of the piramid one?

macpls2.jpg

yf-race.jpg

post-4-1083774203.jpg

Edited by vibayo

macrossplus_01_1024_768.jpg

i really like this ones

This is only because i found it very beautiful,a MiG-31 and a Su-27 (well,of course it's more like the Berkut,but the Acrobatic team has Su-27's)

yf-21-19.jpg

Don't you love this one?

dogfight.jpg

yf21sky.jpg

WALLPAPER_Isamu_Cockpit.jpg

THE GHOST!

WALLPAPER_Ghost_Fighter.jpg

Screwed YF-19

WALLPAPER_YF-19_Beaten.jpg

WALLPAPER_YF-21_Disection.jpg

i know now why behind Isamu's head,there were a brown thing

post-4-1083774114_thumb.jpg

Edited by vibayo

Do you have any of those images available to scan in high res/dpi?

I'm not making any mock-ups of anything I don't know for sure we can get that we can get to give high res scans to Paul of. Web images are no good. I more than appreciate ideas, and I'm a sucker for good M+ pics, but we need pics that we can actually scan and use first.

Before anyone else posts random images off their hard drive, I'd like to make this a new rule. No new pics added to this thread unless you either a) have it available to scan or b) know where to get it at the required res and at least 300dpi.

The Sharon Cross and Blue logo are the current exceptions, but I know we can get those from somewhere, so I'm not worried about that.

Any examples I make are just mockups with Photo Editor (while I'm at work)/Photoshop (when I'm home). The big tweaks can be made once we finalize what pics we want on the box, including, resizing, moving and adjusting pics.

One more plea: No one's still come forward with an artbook they are willing to scan or sell me so I can scan.

Edited by Anubis

I don't have any book yet,so the point of this long photo post is a little brainstorming for macrossworld member to see if they have new ideas or have any of this images to scan or something like that.

I'm sorry if i have been a little boring,but this post was thought as an ideas post

I'm sorry if you have thought that i had this images to scan at 300 dpi :(

Well i think that the image that would fit very well the design i have suggested is the sharon's one looking to the left with her hair in the air,but it's bad with all those effects around her (it should go in the right bottom part of the fighters image) so if anyone has this image or better a clean version of this image,i would be very pleased if he/she post it here

Thanks (and sorry for the flooding :p )

PS i think that she should go well even with all those effects around her ;)

Edited by vibayo

i agree - no sense posting pics that may look cool if we can't get hi res pics for

with regards to the pyramid my thought is that even with the wrap around that posted the edges still get cut off. i just think it ruins the aesthetics of that image and clutters the box side. i mean all it ends up being is a rather large blue blob.

given the limited hi res pics available my personal choice is to go for simplicity and have the blue and red (or blue and blue) pyramids on the sides of the box with the dessert (textless) image on the spine.

Ok, so here's where we are now:

The simple aesthetic design. This can be with both blue pyramids, both red, or one of each:

box2tempb.jpg

The "sky on both sides" box. I agree with Mr Disco now on his point: the pyramids would look better if they were left whole, so I fixed the pyramids to fit instead of wrap. We can experiment with wrapping and whatever else later on whatever the chosen box might be.

post-25-1083813621.jpg

And now the latest: The Mech (M+ Edition)

post-25-1083812137.jpg

Edited by Anubis