VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Well it would seem that people who voted weren't that serious after all.

Paul has only received 12 orders for a total of 15 cases (3 people

wanted both). Models are split 7 to 8.

We needed to get at least 20 of ONE of the designs ordered in order for the project to continue.

It looks as though there were several interested parties that weren't really interested when it came down to it.

It would be a shame if the hard work of everyone who contributed to this project amounted to nothing.

So, I guess at this point, I am open for suggestions.

How can we have over 10,000 views on this topic, and only 12 seriious members?

Yay Macross World :(

Personally, I'm not crazy about the ordering system. The fact that we have to pre-pay for the case but won't know if they'll get made seems pretty weird. If they don't get made then how do we get refunds?! Paypal fees will eat away at the original amount sent.

I was going to order the Mikimoto but wasn't too sure abour the ordering process. :(

Got my order for a "Mech" box placed.

I don't mind the paypal route really, it makes things quite easy to organize. I know some people have reservations about it though.

Maybe one or a couple of us could filter paypal payments for some people who don't want to use it. I wouldn't mind taking a few money orders and routing the cash to Paul myself for a few people if need be. It adds some time to the process though, since I would deposit the money order, and once it clears I could route the money straight to paul.

Paul has been doing this for some time now, so I'm sure if it falls through we'll get the money back. A couple percent loss over 40 bucks isn't really a big deal. If it was over a hundred then yeah, but it's not much we're talking about. I'm sure we'll have the required numbers anyway.

Also, the "20 for the least popular design" was to have 2 different designs made for this project. If we don't get enough, we'll pick one design and go with that for everyone then the base number shouldn't be an issue. He'll custom a case for you by yourself. I'm going to inquire about a Rurouni Kenshin case from him soon (sized for 10 reg size cases, since I have my 20 discs thinpak'd.)

Hopefully now that payday has come for many people more orders will come.

Onegai? :(:unsure::D

Edited by Anubis

How are the new scans coming along for the designs, BTW?

Have actual sources been found for most of them yet?

Edited by Anubis

I don't mind if only one design gets made and not the other, it was reall hard for me to finally decide on the Mech design, but I still like the Mikamoto and will take either one, just as long as one gets produced, that's all I'm asking.

So are there going to be two different SDF Macross cases (beside the Macross Plus one)? I like both of them, beautiful works of art. :)

How to pre-order if it isn't closed? Send an e-mail to champagn@stx.rr.com or PM someone?

So are there going to be two different SDF Macross cases (beside the Macross Plus one)? I like both of them, beautiful works of art. :)

How to pre-order if it isn't closed? Send an e-mail to champagn@stx.rr.com or PM someone?

To order follow this link...

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/Macross/macross.html

I talked to Paul earlier today and both boxes are going to be made 

As to the cases being made, Paul e-mailed me yesterday, and as of that point we had a grand total of 20 cases ordered.

They are split evenly 10 Mikimoto - 10 Mech.

He is willing to go forward wih the project out of respect for all the work that Dangard Ace and Blaine23 put into the box designs, but was really expecting more orders. Remember that initially, we needed to have at least 20 of ONE of the designs ordered before we could go forward.

To be honest, given the responses to the poll and the thread, I was expecting alot more as well. I'm not sure what to think at this point, but he left it up to us to decide if we want to go ahead with the project.

WE STILL NEED HIGH RES IMAGES THOUGH!. SO, IF ANYONE CAN CONTRIBUTE THEM, PLEASE PM ME, DANGARD ACE, or BLAINE 23.

Again, for anyone that wants to pre-order, follow this link...

And Dangard Ace and Blaine 23, your cases are on me, as promised.

arigato2.gif

Edited by Mechamaniac

To order follow this link...

Thanks! ^_^

You know what we should have done is make the case look like the shape of the Macross. Open up the top (cruiser style) or better yet the chest (in attach mode)and there are your movies. Make the Arms and cannons movable. I'd would probably need to be like 1/800 to make it work though. Unless you went with those slim gem cases. Hmmmmmmm. <_<

Just kidding. I love the designs that are being made.

With all the posts in this thread, and the numbers registed in the poll saying they wanted both, AND others in the poll saying they just wanted the SDF Macross box, how in the hell are there only 20 orders total? :angry::angry::angry:

This is messed up to see after all this time.

What, did paypal ACTUALLY scare people off this time? I'm shocked there were only 20 total so far.

<RANT MODE ON>

WHAT

THE

frakk

Don't frakkin vote in a poll, asking if you are going to buy something, when you aren't actually going to buy it. Only 20 orders, and there are well over 100 votes saying that you'd buy an SDF Macross case? People put time and effort into this, and used this poll as a gage for interest in this case, and what have they gotten from it? 20 lousy orders. Guess this kills any hope that I'd get a pimpin Mac Plus case from Paul. Grrr...

<RANT MODE OFF>

perhaps it was paypal which turned people off. or people just voted not knowing those votes would be crucial when it came time to order. i mentioned it on AoD but they don't take kindly to bootlegs (i'm surprised my post wasnt deleted).

i guess there's no point even considering an M+ case given how this turned out.

perhaps it was paypal which turned people off. or people just voted not knowing those votes would be crucial when it came time to order. i mentioned it on AoD but they don't take kindly to bootlegs (i'm surprised my post wasnt deleted).

i guess there's no point even considering an M+ case given how this turned out.

I'd definitely say it was more the non-serious voter than the Paypal thing. I mean, no collector of Macross should be that shocked by Paypal at this point in their lives.

The funny thing is, this has been my fear the whole time we've been putting this thing together. I'll bet I can name about 12 of you on that list.

No biggie, though... I'm just real glad we're getting them made at all.

Now I just need a bit of time to buy a VF-1S Hase model to cannibalize the top art for scanning... unless somebody wants to do that for me... ;)

<RANT MODE ON>

WHAT

THE

frakk

Don't frakkin vote in a poll, asking if you are going to buy something, when you aren't actually going to buy it. Only 20 orders, and there are well over 100 votes saying that you'd buy an SDF Macross case? People put time and effort into this, and used this poll as a gage for interest in this case, and what have they gotten from it? 20 lousy orders. Guess this kills any hope that I'd get a pimpin Mac Plus case from Paul. Grrr...

<RANT MODE OFF>

There will definately be only 1 design for the M+ case. <_< We'll have enough there at least.

I am still dismayed that so few people are coming though after all this. :angry:

post-4-1079590191_thumb.jpg

Maybe not enough people understood they have to pay FIRST and then the boxes would be made? I guarantee some were waiting for the M+ box to be ready too, which is not how this was supposed to work.

Hi, I would like to know the following b4 making an order but no-one seems to be answering this question below:

posted by jwinges

"Forgive my ignorance but will these cases include new fold out disk holders or do we just slip our current animeigo sets in as is?"

Pics of the external are shown but is there any pics on the internal? cos wondering is this case just a hollow box? or what it looks like when opened?

Thks for the replies.

Maybe not enough people understood they have to pay FIRST and then the boxes would be made? I guarantee some were waiting for the M+ box to be ready too, which is not how this was supposed to work.

:COUGH: WAITING *VERY* PATIENTLY FOR MACROSS PLUS CASES :COUGH: :COUGH:

I think the pricing on the 12 DVD case is reasonable, and why people can't understand that this person makes them as they are ordered and not to pre-print 60 boxes with the "hopes" that MW people will buy them. If we wind up leaving a bad taste in the guy's mouth... well... I'm just gonna sensor myself right now.

Hi, I would like to know the following b4 making an order but no-one seems to be answering this question below:

posted by jwinges

"Forgive my ignorance but will these cases include new fold out disk holders or do we just slip our current animeigo sets in as is?"

Pics of the external are shown but is there any pics on the internal? cos wondering is this case just a hollow box? or what it looks like when opened?

Thks for the replies.

its just a "dust cover" for your existing DVD cases, not a replacement.

BTW, in the new INNOCENCE book is the main picture of the Macross cast that overlaps the entire back of the Mikimoto box. Unfortunately, I don't have the necessary hardware to provide a high-res scan. Perhaps someone who does can track down a copy of this book? In the meantime, I'll try to get a scan myself from some other source (Kinko's maybe?).

posted by jwinges

Thks for the replies.

you just slip your current dvds in. you are ordering an empty dvd boxset to hold the dvds. its a simple cube-like shape with one side open (so yes it is hollow inside) to insert the discs in. thats it. no gimmicks. just a plain box with beautiful art work.

To sum up:

its hollow

you put your existing dvds inside the box

its cube-like in shape

there is no 'open' or 'close'. its just a box with a gaping hole on side to stuff dvds in

and in case you missed it its made out of plastic with a metal layer. on this metal layer is the colour laser engraving of the images. very sturdy and unique.

:o Can someone tell me if it is too late to order a box?!? I have been wrapped up in helping organize the monster project that I somehow never got around to it.

If it isn't too late, is there someone I can send a money order (with an extra fee as thanks) to pay via paypal for me as I don't yet have access to paypal? Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks,

Melissa

..please don't let it be too late! I really want the mech case although I would settle for either at this point.... :(

We've said before, we were looking at resolving the Macross case before we jumped into the M+ case. DA and Blaine are still working on theis SDF cases. I haven't seen anyone come up with new M+ artwork themselves for a while. We got the spine figured out, we just need suggestions for the sides.

If you have ideas, feel free to submit them. When I get some time at home I'll see if I can think of something for the sides as well. I would still like to see Sharon's cross on the top.

Does anyone have any Macross+ Artbooks they can sift through? We definately need those in order to get some high res scans. What's in there is probably all we need to fugire out the sides. Or if anyone knows where one is available please direct me and I'll consider buying it myself.

Maybe we could use metallic wireframe lineart of the -19/-21 is need be? Those would be easy to get from the design works, which a lot of us have.

Macross Plus Movie / Macross 7 Program:

post-4-1079624655.jpg

Edited by Anubis

This is Animation Series : Macross Plus (OVA Series):

post-4-1079624715.jpg

This is Animation Series : Macross Plus (OVA Movie)

post-4-1079624763.jpg

It shouldn't be too late yet. Just follow the link that MM has posted in the first post to order. We're (well "I'm") still in the process of getting some of the hi-res images. In other words, waiting for my copy of the H. Mikimoto Movement book to arrive...and bugging Lonewolf for the Storm Attacker scans.

Oh, and I've already got the spine image for The Mikimoto scanned. It's also found in the Haruhiko Mikimoto Illustrations book.

:o Can someone tell me if it is too late to order a box?!? I have been wrapped up in helping organize the monster project that I somehow never got around to it.

If it isn't too late, is there someone I can send a money order (with an extra fee as thanks) to pay via paypal for me as I don't yet have access to paypal? Please let me know if you can help!

Thanks,

Melissa

..please don't let it be too late! I really want the mech case although I would settle for either at this point.... :(

By all means please order your box. If you don't have paypal Melissa you can PM me and we can work that out. The more the merrier.

By all means guys, order your boxes, we want this to prove worthwhile, and a lot of you signed up for this and were counted on here. Thankfully Paul is being cool about this and still seems willing to go forward.