VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

Or Max and Millia perhaps, this one should be as easy to adjust as the Hikaru J image, and more vibrant.

post-4-1077124891.gif

Edited by Anubis

I like those too.

I really like the lighter artwork for the spine and top. As much as I like that image of the macross in space, the box would be very dark with that image, and the DYRL images from the sides.

And either the Max and Millia or the Angel Birds would be good for a TV series reference.

IF the 1S doesn't work out, which I have faith in our boys here on that one :), I'd kind of like the M & M. I think Blaine hit the mark on his latest render.

Edited by Anubis

Well, to be honest, we could pull up different Hase art everyday - because they're all so damn great.

In the interest of trying to make the best Macross box that will please all of the members here as well as other Macross fans... I think the Skull One is definitely the choice to please just about everybody.

Well, to be honest, we could pull up different Hase art everyday - because they're all so damn great.

In the interest of trying to make the best Macross box that will please all of the members here as well as other Macross fans... I think the Skull One is definitely the choice to please just about everybody.

That's what I've been saying :lol:

In Rob Schneider: You can do it!!

Edited by Anubis

Just my 2cents, but I think something with one large overall wrap around image (like the existing case) would be nicer than something with 4 different images on every side. The proposed images seem far too busy for my tastes.

oh my god that is absolutely gorgeous. i hearby rescind my original vote and put support towards the new warparound piece. two thumbs up!

the more i look at it the more i like it..it has a wicked seemless quality to it and it looks like 1 coherent piece. just throw in a descrete mw.com and m logo and you're done.

Edited by MrDisco

it's gotta have a Valk somewhere on it though!

Somebody work in a Mikimito Valk somewhere?!?!?

Maybe we can stick a valk on top because it would be a shame to mess with the wrap around image. It captures everything that the box would hold, it's cohesive, and it just looks great.

Plus, I think the valks get too much face time anyway. Bring on the characters!

Wow DA! You've outdone yourself with that last design. It has everything past submissions didn't:

- similiar and/or matching background colors

- focus points flow much better

- all the art is by the same artist, no more clashing styles

- all three series are represented! Finally some balance! :D

The only nitpick (and a minor one at that) I have is that there are no mecha nor SDF-1. The lone top cover would be the best bet as it won't mar the wrap-around.

Btw, MW has a very nice Mikimoto-ish piece with both SDF-1 and Skull-1. Hell, it's probably close to the target dpi too.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/art/vf1s_valkyrie.jpg

thm_vf1s_valkyrie.jpg

Yeah, that image could work, but it would have to be cleaned up a good bit, and corrected. The missiles are way too small, and the tip of the gu-11 is crooked.

But, it would satisfy the Mech heads (Me, Blaine23, TheLoneWolf)

Keeping with the Mikimoto thing, how about this one for the top?

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/art/mcr221l.jpg

Edited by Mechamaniac

as nice as the top pic is i can see the need to put in a mech shot. there's one of the Macross in 'bot form (lol dont kill me over my choice of words) over looking the city and has an orange-ish background (ok that probably makes no sense). anyhow it has a water colour feel to it so it may match up nicely with the wrap-around pics.

still i do like that top pic though...guess it will have to be saved for the DVD cover replacement project :) c'mon any takers on that?

I've got a watercolor Super Valkyrie.

Valerror.jpg

I know the scan is horrible, I made it 7 years ago when I was a newbie. The res, cropping, and angling all went to hell, which is why I named it Valerror.jpg :p Anyways, I think it's a nice picture and I could rescan it, but the background clashes with the white & yellow bg of the wrap-around. If someone would be willing to make the bg lighter, or even had a white frame around the image, it might work.

OK guys, another update from Paul

I do have a feeling that no single choice will satisfy all of the fans.

Since both designs are so different, I wouldn't mind making both, each with

it's own numbered series, if there is enough demand for each.

So, there you have it, if there is enough demand for each type it looks as though we can have one case for the Mech heads out there, and one for the art lovers too.

Hopefully, now we can come to a consensus!

Thanks guys....

Damn, DA that is a nice design. I need some mecha on the box myself as well, but that definately made me pause and consider it. With a Mikimoto SDF/valk pic for the top, it might change my vote. Though it might break the theme of this design. For now I'm sticking with Blaine's latest.

The 3 panel spread would make a sweet wallpaper though at the least.

OK guys, another update from Paul

I do have a feeling that no single choice will satisfy all of the fans.

Since both designs are so different, I wouldn't mind making both, each with

it's own numbered series, if there is enough demand for each.

So, there you have it, if there is enough demand for each type it looks as though we can have one case for the Mech heads out there, and one for the art lovers too.

Hopefully, now we can come to a consensus!

Thanks guys....

Word... Paul's on the money. There is really no satisfying this group. :p

Word... Paul's on the money. There is really no satisfying this group. :p

i dont know i think we've been pretty good thus far in coming to general consensus.

we would have to know how much demand is needed to keep the prices in line with original estimates

Word... Paul's on the money.  There is really no satisfying this group.  :p

i dont know i think we've been pretty good thus far in coming to general consensus.

we would have to know how much demand is needed to keep the prices in line with original estimates

I'm teasing you guys, Disco.

But there's an element of truth there too. Some Macross fans are more into the story, others the "robot" action, others the more militaristic "plane" elements... some dig the music more than anything else.

It's a bit difficult to pin down a single type of fan of Macross. There are those who collect artbooks and those who are exclusively fans of the toys.

I think it's really great... but since Macross is over 20 years old, it has generated countless amounts of source art... and it near impossible to come up with one box that'll please every type of fan, even here at Macrossworld.

Nice, I really like DA's new scheme 'cept for one thing, the back image is cool, I wanted someone to pull out a collage pic of characters from the show, but Roy's face gets obscured by it in the right side image, and kinda throws that image off for me. Still, a really nice scheme, but would like some valk action if at all possible in anyway. Definately loving the big collage of characters pic though.

i like everything that these talented people have come up with. i'm so excited to get our own macrossworld box,that i'd be willing to take any of the designs that made the cut to the final product. but,if he's gonna make 2 boxes,1 with characters & 1 with mecha/ships,then i'm gonna have to go with the mechas.if that ends up not happening though,i'll take whichever box wins.my only hang-up was that i definately wanted a macrossworld logo on there somewere ;)

I think we may be ready to go, I have heard nothing but praise for one of the two designs. We just need all the high res scans. May want to adjust the 1st page for the two designs one the scans are confirmed. It's been a few days now so it could be construed as contentment.

How has the 1st design gone so far, any new progress on the SDF and VF-1S pics.

The mikimoto one looks ready to go out the door for those who want that one. The other still needed the spine and top the last we read.

The mikimoto one looks ready to go out the door for those who want that one. The other still needed the spine and top the last we read.

Actually the mikimoto isn't ready either. It's also a mockup. I've got the middle image but I don't have the two sides or top images. Grabbed those off the mainpage -> art -> mikimoto. I'll have to see if they're in the Movement book but if it's not I'll see about getting them.

The mikimoto one looks ready to go out the door for those who want that one.  The other still needed the spine and top the last we read.

Actually the mikimoto isn't ready either. It's also a mockup. I've got the middle image but I don't have the two sides or top images. Grabbed those off the mainpage -> art -> mikimoto. I'll have to see if they're in the Movement book but if it's not I'll see about getting them.

Oh, OK, I meant the design of the box at least anyway ;) . If you can get the images it would make a really good alternative for those who liked the character oriented shot.

Is still have to go with Blaine's

Added the MW logo and changed the top abit.   Did  the same to the other one too (pg. 13).

Very tempting.

Edited by Anubis

cant say i'm a fan of the new box top image. the logos are nice but i feel that picture is too dark

Hmm, yeah, in retrospect the top with the photo's does suit that box design better.

Edit: fixed spellng

Edited by Anubis