VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

So many great pictures, and only 5 sides to put them in! I think the box should have at least these included: A picture of all the Macross characters, SDF-1, the Zentraedi, VF-1S, and Minmay. Some of the pics I've seen so far are good. Can't wait to see the final result.

dont think we'll be tackling m+ until m can be locked down.

hehe I realize that... when this thread gets to 50 pages before you guys nail down the Macross series box... I'm to lazy to page through them all to find out when its time to talk about the Mac+ box :p

Wow Version #3-Mikimoto Looks awsome

and so does Blaine's Version #4

They both are on opposite ends of the spectrum. If I had to choose beetween one I think I would pick Dangaurd's. If both are made I may pick up both.

What is the timeframe on production?

What is the timeframe on production?

Here's how it will most likely go down....

It looks as though we will be going with two designs....

• Dangard Ace - For the character / art aficionados.
  • Blaine 23 - For the Mech Heads.

Once the designs are finalized,

• I will request high res scans of the pieces of artwork on CD or will request that they be uploaded to a server. Then Paul can get access to them so he can start tweaking the box designs.
  • Dangard Ace and Blaine 23's designs will added to the page Paul created for us. He will add pre-order and payment information for the case of your choice.
  • We should get at least 20 of the least popular design reserved in order to get the order going.
  • The orders will be on an individual basis. That is to say that each person will be paying for the case of their choice plus shipping to themselves. This will not be a bulk order where they are all shipped to one person who then ships them to everyone else etc.

Making the cases themselves is not that time consuming, it is getting the design down pat that is taking all this time.

So, we still have to come to final consensus on the top image of Dangard Ace's design, and the Top and Spine images of Blaine 23's design. After that, it really is all downhill.

Then, we get to do it all over again for the Mac Plus case :lol:

ok well i'ld like to move things along by openly asking what are the opinions on the image i suggested for the boxtop for the mikimoto box?

Actually, that is a nice image. I wouldn't mind seeing a mock up of it to see how it looks on top. Do you have the image on hand Mr. Disco?

Last redesign I'm going to do for this project. I've got paying work that needs to be done.

Hmm.....I like. I like a lot actually.

As always I appreciate the time involved doing this.

OK guys and gals... my apologies for not posting in this lately, I have been out of commission for a couple of days.

Anyway, it's time to start thinning the herd... so, here are all of the designs that have been submitted, including Dangard Ace's final design...

Done by Dangard Ace

box1.jpg

Version 2 - Dangard Ace

box2.jpg

Dangard Ace (v3) Based on Haruhiko Mikimoto's work

dacase.jpg

Dangard Ace (v4) Based on above...

daboxfinal.jpg

Version 3 - Another one by Blaine23

blainebox3.jpg

Version 4 - Yet another one by Blaine 23 - This time with Macross logo

blainebox4.jpg

Please let us know what you think....

So, let's start with the easy part - We can only go forward with two designs, so we need to eliminate all of the others.

Please respond here with the versions you think should GO. Once we have it narrowed down, we can get going on the final two designs.

My picks:

I think we should KEEP 4 and 6. Those are by far the best. If 6 doesn't work out due to the S image then 5 is a good substitute. The others can be filed away.

My favorite is the last one by blaine 23 version 4 (the last one on page 15 of this thead.

#2 is Blaine 23's version 3

#3 is diaguard's v4.

I really like the originality of diaguards but I like the mecha in blaine's versions a little more.

Great designs one and all.

EDIT - 3/3/04 - WE ARE GOING FORWARD WITH THE FOLLOWING TWO DESIGNS

NOTE - THESE ARE NOT THE FINAL CASE LAYOUTS. PAUL WILL TWEAK THESE AS NEEDED TO MAKE SURE THAT THE EDGES AND CORNERS ETC DO NOT INTERFERE WITH KEY POINTS OF THE IMAGES.

For the Character/Art lovers

Done by Dangard Ace - Based on Haruhiko Mikimoto's work

M2test1.jpg

For the Mech Heads

By Blaine 23

M1test1.jpg

IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE HIGH RES (300 DPI or better) SCANS OF ANY OF THE IMAGES, PLEASE PM ME.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I thought the popular Mikimoto one was the one with the SDF-1 on top?

I thought so, too. I'll end up getting both if the price is, of course, right. I'll use both of them like clothing for my DVDs, switching every month or so.

Almost hate to say it, but I think I'm leaning towards going with the Mikimoto box after all. It will be a tough decision. I'm going to have to print out both and stare at them side by side.

Jasonc has a good idea though...

Maybe if I wasn't going to get a Mac+ box too, as well as inquiring myself about a Kenshin OVA box on the side.

BTW, if there is a high res pic of the SDF1 take off image from Blaine's box I would love a copy to use as a wallpaper please. I need one without the Robotech title on it.

P.S. Don't forget to update the first page one too, Mechamaniac.

Edited by Anubis

Almost hate to say it, but I think I'm leaning towards going with the Mikimoto box after all. It will be a tough decision. I'm going to have to print out both and stare at them side by side.

Jasonc has a good idea though...

Maybe if I wasn't going to get a Mac+ box too, as well as inquiring myself about a Kenshin OVA box on the side.

BTW, if there is a high res pic of the SDF1 take off image from Blaine's box I would love a copy to use as a wallpaper please. I need one without the Robotech title on it.

P.S. Don't forget to update the first page one too, Mechamaniac.

I'm working on tracking down a source for the SDF image now... I'll be happy to make you a wallpaper out of it once I've gotten it.

I'm interested, but a little fuzzy on the details.  You say this box will be made of some kind of metal?

Yes, the box is made of a plastic skeleton covered with brushed aluminum.

See www.designpaulchampagne.com for details and examples.

What's the timeframe for this? For an extra $60 I've gotta pull outta my butt, need to start planning ;)

What's the timeframe for this?  For an extra $60 I've gotta pull outta my butt, need to start planning ;)

Here's how it will most likely go down....

• I have requested high res scans of the pieces of artwork on CD or that they be uploaded to a server. Then Paul can get access to them so he can start tweaking the box designs.
  • Dangard Ace and Blaine 23's designs will added to the page Paul created for us. He will add pre-order and payment information for the case of your choice.
  • We should get at least 20 of the least popular design reserved in order to get the order going.
  • The orders will be on an individual basis. That is to say that each person will be paying for the case of their choice plus shipping to themselves. This will not be a bulk order where they are all shipped to one person who then ships them to everyone else etc.

Edited by Mechamaniac