he'd been a Cylon spy the whole time. Starbuck needs to

either move in or move on, Lee wont be falling for her

with her shooting him up. But in all fairness he jumped

into the line of fire. And talk about a botched rescue

what was Starbuck thinking trying to take on the bad guys

with a room full of hostages and a half-azz plan like that "i'm volunteering"

yeah volunteering to get people hurt. Oh well Dad to the rescue

Edited by Macross73

Maybe it's the BSG equivalent of a pitot tube?

369188[/snapback]

It is a third cannon, and it can be seen firing in every episode a Viper Mk. VII fires (specially in 33, when they shoot the Olympic Carrier) but Scar.

Dunno, maybe they're saving ammo. After all, it looks like with aces, two shots are as good as three for shooting down a Raider.

<singing>

"Billy's got a gun.

He's on the..." slab. :blink:

</singing>

Ahh, what love'll do to ya everytime.....

I was hoping the living Boomer was going to pop up from the stretcher and go into beserker mode - pregnant or not - take out all of the brutes and save a little "last words" to Dana Delaney while she's on her last breath....but that would be down right mean and savage, wouldn't it? :ph34r:

Next week looks good, btw.

Aw hell. 24 had their "Die Hard" episode, so I guess BSG had to follow suit.

I think it would've been easier to have sent in the living Boomer. As the hostage takers were examining her inert form, Boomer could have lashed out with her Cylon reflexes and killed all of those bad people. Then again, Boomer's a military asset who's pregnant, so I guess it was easier to just sacrifice poor Billy. I laughed my ass off watching the med team rush around Lee as the last few seconds of life ebbed from Billy.

Let's have a round of applause for my boy Lee Adama, Mr. Indestructible!

hornblowera9.jpg

Edited by myk

For all the build up they did with Billy in the early episodes with Dualla, it all seems a waste given how this episode ended. To me it looks like they really didn't have an arc planned out for that character after the first few episodes and then basically got lazy and just decided to off him when it was easiest. I mean, how much buildup did they have with Billy and Dualla? Now how much buildup was there with Apollo and Dualla? It doesn't make for a very satisfying character arc IMO. I wonder if Dualla knows about having to compete with a hooker? :lol:

The one thing thats starting to bug me is that all the normal likeable characters seem to be pushed off to the sides and forgotten or given nothing to do like Gaeta, Cally, Helo, or Billy, and the neurotic ones constantly get all the limelight? Man, people in real life aren't THAT screwed up on average.

It was good seeing good ol Ellen again though... always a kick to have her around. :)

For all the build up they did with Billy in the early episodes with Dualla, it all seems a waste given how this episode ended. To me it looks like they really didn't have an arc planned out for that character after the first few episodes

369266[/snapback]

Actually, the entire series has happened like that. They had no idea in the mini or for most of season 1 where they were taking any of this. It wasn't until season 2 that they set down the long term plot. Its covered in the blog and in the podcasts.

Look at it this way: The Cylons were clearly bent on the eraditcation of the human race in the mini and season 1. Now, as season 2 is coming to a close, its been made quite clear that's not the case at all... infact, they need the humans to be able to pro-create.

The continuity has gone wonky because they simply had no definite long term plans. Its a little like what we saw happen with Lucas and the prequels.

I started thinking about all the secondary characters and almost all of them have gotten at least some development except for one person... Gaeta. He's like the Uhura of the Galactica, where he does nothing but confirm orders, check the radar, and call people. Even Cally and Dualla were given something to do, but poor Gaeta has been just sitting there after his singular moment of finding the fleet after screwing up a jump waaaay back at the start of season 2.

Its really starting to bug me how Sharon just sits in the jail every episode and gets visits from people like she's Hannibal Lecter.

Wow, its taken me this long to start to find things about BSG to bug me, but all in all, its the only show I'll even spend time watching every week.

I agree also. I was suprised to see Lee and Duala together since the previous episodes showed Lee kinda of shrinking away from her....they even showed that in the "previously on Battlestar Galactica" intro......then suddenly there they are having drinks together. Great show, glad they are getting together, but I gotta also say WTF!?

Chris

I think it would've been easier to have sent in the living Boomer. As the hostage takers were examining her inert form, Boomer could have lashed out with her Cylon reflexes and killed all of those bad people. Then again, Boomer's a military asset who's pregnant, so I guess it was easier to just sacrifice poor Billy. I laughed my ass off watching the med team rush around Lee as the last few seconds of life ebbed from Billy.

But they didn't "examine" her inert form first, they shot it up. If they were so desperate to shoot a Cylon, they were going to do it, dead or not. And Boomer was not going to risk getting her kid killed.

This show also seems to show a rift forming between Boomer and the leadership. It was bound to happen.

I started thinking about all the secondary characters and almost all of them have gotten at least some development except for one person... Gaeta.  He's like the Uhura of the Galactica, where he does nothing but confirm orders, check the radar, and call people.  Even Cally and Dualla were given something to do, but poor Gaeta has been just sitting there after his singular moment of finding the fleet after screwing up a jump waaaay back at the start of season 2.

369340[/snapback]

Cause he's a Cylon. How many times do I have to tell you people?! :rolleyes:

But they didn't "examine" her inert form first, they shot it up.  If they were so desperate to shoot a Cylon, they were going to do it, dead or not.  And Boomer was not going to risk getting her kid killed.

369380[/snapback]

They didn't examine her, but the terrorists did take a few moments to reflect and contemplate what they were seeing before them-more than enough time for a TX-type chick to wreak havoc.

I know that Boomer wouldn't have allowed herself to be placed in danger; at the same time, Adama would in no way endanger his "military asset," I had just wished it had turned out that way-at the very least Sharon Valeri could have counted yet another time that she saved the day...

Hmm...Death Hammer, if you're speculation on next week's episode is correct, BSG may be jumping the shark as we speak...

Y'know, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm becoming increasingly worried about this show. The first half of season 2 was pretty good, but I feel like the second half is all over the map. How many times is Lee going to get shot/shot down? And how many more times can Starbuck be made to look like a complete screw up? She was a loose cannon before, but I could definitely enjoy that. It just seems to me like there has become entirely too great a focus on everyone's character flaws, and not enough focus on the imminent... "threat" of the Cylons. (Of course, they don't seem all that threatening right now.) And when was the last time Earth was mentioned?

Well, here's hoping that things start becoming more appealing to me. I'm certainly not going to stop watching.

Maybe that whole Earth thing was one of the "mistakes" that the producers of the show had mentioned some time ago.

Well, there's only so much they can say or progress on the Cylon threat without the series coming to a quick close, so I suppose we're just seeing the obligatory filler episodes. Nevertheless, I share the same feeling as you that the series has lost any sense of direction for the moment...

The series is still trying to put to much into an episode. They are it would seem just stumbling around in the dark when it comes to story direction.

We need to see more of the cylons and what they are up to, more of the snipets we got when Sharron, Starbuck et al were on Caprica. The show had more substance back then. They are focusing on peoples neurosis too much, as a by product of this the show is getting to dark, and could start to loose its viewer base. Sharon obviously has an agenda other than, have baby bring up baby live long and prosper. The amount of camera time they give her for the long mornfull stares and purposefull fixed looks makes it obvious that they are trying to tell us that she is planning something for the long term.

Earth is still the long running plan as it is still mentioned in the start credits.

They are I would have thought some way and many jumps away from Caprica. It was mentioned in an episode in season one that it was jump 100 and something, if they were jumping each time to put distance betwwen them and the 12 colonies then thats some distance. If however they are just jumping arround and just trying to evade the Cylons they could be just a jump or two away. Maybe the furthest they went was to Kobol.

I agree that going back just because Starbuck wants to would be lame. How many times in the T.O.S did they pick up Humans they came accross on the exodus to Earth. Presumably as the Cylons were following they`d just wipe out any humans they came across. As the T.O.S was all nicey nice and friendly this is strange that the big badass new series even goes there.

When I was 7 and the original series film came out I asked my Dad what was going to happen to the people they found and left on the planets each week.. If a 7 year old can work it out......

Edited by big F

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only ship that they show that was actually reported is the Raider no MK VII....yet....but sweet a MK II and Galactica herself!!! Looks like the pods can retract too!!!

Maybe they mistook the MK II for either the MK VII or the scout ship?

Thanks for the pictures!!

Chris

I think they are using my Galactica kit for the 6" publicity model.  But I can't be sure with the plastic cover over it.

369611[/snapback]

That would be interesting if they did, but could they legally do that? I didn't think that you mastered yours for them, or did you?

Y'know, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm becoming increasingly worried about this show. The first half of season 2 was pretty good, but I feel like the second half is all over the map. How many times is Lee going to get shot/shot down? And how many more times can Starbuck be made to look like a complete screw up? She was a loose cannon before, but I could definitely enjoy that. It just seems to me like there has become entirely too great a focus on everyone's character flaws, and not enough focus on the imminent... "threat" of the Cylons. (Of course, they don't seem all that threatening right now.) And when was the last time Earth was mentioned?

369442[/snapback]

Well, the show is mainly a drama with a sci fi backdrop and the focus of the show are the people and their problems. Honestly, I'd rather have this method rather than the opposite with the sci fi "story" being more the focus. I've seen glitzy special effects and space war stories all too much. The old show focused on the "threat" of the Cylons nearly every week....and they defeated them every week. Kinda takes the whole "threat" away from them.

Do we need to hear them say, "we're looking for Earth" every episode too? I thought that much could be inferred that they are trying to get there and it will take awhile. Besides, wasn't Adama asking Sharon about routes through the stars on a map...which would suggest that they are trying to get to the star clusters and the lagoon nebula which are their clues as to where it is?

We need to see more of the cylons and what they are up to, more of the snipets we got when Sharron, Starbuck et al were on Caprica. The show had more substance back then.  They are focusing on peoples neurosis too much, as a by product of this the show is getting to dark, and could start to loose its viewer base. Sharon obviously has an agenda other than, have baby bring up baby live long and prosper. The amount of camera time they give her for the long mornfull stares and purposefull fixed looks makes it obvious that they are trying to tell us that she is planning something for the long term.

Earth is still the long running plan as it is still mentioned in the start credits.

369514[/snapback]

Too dark..lose the viewer base...I don't think so. The show has always been dark. And besides the clunker 'Black Market', the show has stayed to the roots of it being a cut above drama in space and not the other way around.

As far as the Cylons plan...I think Ep. 18 is for you.

211: Ressurection Ship

212: Res Ship Pt. 2

213: Epiphanies

214: Black Market

215: Scar

216: Sacrifice

So ofthe second half of the second season, these 6 episodes were way off track? The only one I see that was really off base for the show was Black Market. Stumbling a little compared to Season 1? Perhaps. But people in this very thread said the same thing about season one before episode 10, 12, and 13.

Edited by Gaijin

That Hasbro MKII and Galactica look sweet. Definitely gettting multiples so I can make a Viper squadron. Any idea of the release date and price?

On the other hand, that SD Art-Asylum MKVII and lego-type figure looks like crap IMO. Never liked cutsie super-deformed stuff.

Graham

That Hasbro MKII and Galactica look sweet. Definitely gettting multiples so I can make a Viper squadron. Any idea of the release date and price?

On the other hand, that SD Art-Asylum MKVII and lego-type figure looks like crap IMO. Never liked cutsie super-deformed stuff.

Graham

369670[/snapback]

DITTO on all counts!!! :D:p

Chris