BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Having just watched the Entire series over the weekend (Big ups to Exo for the Hook Up) HOLY FRACK

I didnt think Starbuck was that much of a hottie but DAMN... and looks like she has feelings for Apollo.....nothing worse then a chick in bed with you but she's thinking of some one else.

That Finale!! WOW

I think its a Dream Sequence.

and Baltar.... you think its Boomers Kid they are talking about?

and Baltar.... you think its Boomers Kid they are talking about?

I was sort of assuming that was child between Baltar and Six... but then again, I *did* miss an episode or two, so I maybe I missed something.

Anybody heard any news about toys and/or models coming of the updated designs?

Graham

Got these teeny die-cast suckers for now just because they looked cool:

Base.jpg

MKVII.jpg

Raider.jpg

Viper.jpg

Edited by Gaijin

Anybody heard any news about toys and/or models coming of the updated designs?

Graham

Thought I responded to this...sorry...

There is a 1/24 and 1/48 MKII Viper due out any day now. (resin Garage) A 1/72 MkII is also coming soon. All of these have pictures of complete patterns (or nearly so) and are not vaporware. There are also early shots of a 1/24 Raider...

I have not seen any toys yet...(hopefully yet! )

Jesse, do you have any pictures or links to these kits? I recently ordered a custom studio scale garage kit from someone over at Replica prop forums. Along with your studio scale kit ;) . Are you refering to that kit....I believe the makers name is Frank.

Chris

Sure...the 1/24th MK2 Im aware of is from the RPF

viperside.jpg

The 1/24 Raider is also:

Image311.jpg

The 1/48 Viper MKII is from Alfred and on SciFi Models...(Ive heard rumors but no pics of a 1/48 Raider)

v2pv2.jpg

Rob's a nice guy at SciFiModels. Tell him I sent you...

and heres the 1/72 MK2...they also say they will be doing a Raider

viper1.jpg

does anyone here think the raider looks like the batwing?

With that color, yeah, it kinda does :p

That Viper is looking awfully hot though. Kinda lame that the 1/48 gets a figure and the other doesn't... :ph34r:

The 1/24th scale Viper DOES get a figure. It is being sculpted to look like Katie Sackhof.

I gotta see that!

Man I want a preassembled 1:18 viper, that would be too cool.

That would be too cool. But I'm hoping they won't do that... Can't afford to start another line of toys.

The 1/24th scale Viper DOES get a figure. It is being sculpted to look like Katie Sackhof.

Frank just sent me an email saying that my 1/24 Viper will ship no later then April 15 without a pilot. I know he said that there would be a pilot in his update email but then he sent me my email stating otherwise. <_< Don't know if he's planning on sending the pilot later....he takes a bit of time to respond to emails.

Chris

Guest Bromgrev

Thanks for that Cobywan. Has anyone heard anything on price, yet? I know I can't afford it, I just want to know by how much ... :(

I want to know why the hell the boomers on the base star was petting the nuke like it was their own pet dog.  WTF was that all about?  :blink:

My theory on that was that the whole thing was a set up for the uh... end of the episode.

Get her cylon... instincts back in gear (the clones), let her do something that would get her with some high ranking humans (destroying the base star patrolling Kobol) in order to off one of the human VIPs. :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure the cylons could spared a Base Star, especially for a "tradeoff" like that.

toys from the original series made by Joyride Studios.

Awww... no Lucifer figure :(

Edited by haro genki

Where are those from?

Graham

I posted the link somewhere back in the thread but I can't find it...anyways,

Mini Galactica pieces

They are super tiny, presumably for those board/strategy/dice games, but they are only like $1 a piece for the fighters (got a whole bunch), and $3.50 for the Basestars/Galactica...besides the new show, he also has the old designs, and the Cylon Fighters from the game...plus a bunch of other shows.

Being so tiny, it was tough to paint (I had him paint the Basestar and Galactica for me, and got an unpainted one as well to work on) but with an air brush and those tiny brushes, it wasn't too bad.

Tell 'em the guy from Hawaii sent ya! ;)

Edited by Gaijin

Still wondering if anybody here has the Colonial Viper & Cylon Raider toys from the original series made by Joyride Studios.

Thinking of buying them and want to know if they are worth getting?

Graham

Don't know about those. I've heard they are pretty nice though.

Graham Posted on Apr 5 2005, 07:31 PM

Still wondering if anybody here has the Colonial Viper & Cylon Raider toys from the original series made by Joyride Studios.

Thinking of buying them and want to know if they are worth getting?

Graham 

Hey, big G, I bought the Colonial Viper about a couple of weeks ago. I wanna post some pics,but I'm not gonna be able to do so until this coming weekend, when I pick up my brother's digi-cam. Are you planning on buying soon? The vehicles, I believe, are about the same scale as the STARWARS Action Fleet X-Wing Fighter by MicroMachines. The detail on this is good, considering the price I got it for (which is about $20!). But you know what, I still think the Action Fleet X-wing looks better, and that's not just because I like SW better than I do BSG :) .

Hey, big G, I bought the Colonial Viper about a couple of weeks ago. I wanna post some pics,but I'm not gonna be able to do so until this coming weekend, when I pick up my brother's digi-cam. Are you planning on buying soon? The vehicles, I believe, are about the same scale as the STARWARS Action Fleet X-Wing Fighter by MicroMachines. The detail on this is good, considering the price I got it for (which is about $20!). But you know what, I still think the Action Fleet X-wing looks better, and that's not just because I like SW better than I do BSG :) .

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the pics.

Seems like the Joyride Viper is pretty expensive. Most sites I've seen sell it for $24.99, where as the Cylon Raider is 10 bucks cheaper at $14.99.

Does the Viper's landing gear fold into the plane or is it removeable? From the pics I've seen it looks like it has to be removed.

I'm not a huge fan of the Action Fleet X-Wings, mainly as the bottom engines are shorter that the top engines.

Graham

Graham Posted on Apr 5 2005, 10:38 PM

Does the Viper's landing gear fold into the plane or is it removeable? From the pics I've seen it looks like it has to be removed.

I'm not a huge fan of the Action Fleet X-Wings, mainly as the bottom engines are shorter that the top engines.

Graham

You noticed, too, huh?! Yeah, that's one of my main gripes about that particular X-Wing. I'll post them pics this weekend, I promise. About the Viper's landing gear's, You're right. They are removable, but they look so funny on the Viper. Maybe because of their size, which is rather skinny compared to the landing gears on the AC X-Wing. I prefer to leave them off and just put the Viper on it's stand. The Cylon Raiders are still going for $20 (I think!) at Frank & Sons, here in So.Cal. So, if you can get it for less than that, I'd say that's a good deal :) .

I want to know why the hell the boomers on the base star was petting the nuke like it was their own pet dog. WTF was that all about? :blink:

I'm still not sure either. Maybe I'm thinking too 'inside the box', but I don't think the Cylons would sacrifice a whole Basestar like that. Adama is known to peruse the hangars from time to time, boomer could've tried zapping him then. As a pilot, she has access to a side arm all the time.

When I was watching that episode, I was thinking Boomer would have to kamikaze the Basestar, especially after the bomb got stuck on the pylon. Then I thought, maybe her inner Cylon would kick in and she'd try to go nuke the Galactica...

See, that way the Boomer on Galactica is out of the way, then the Boomer on Caprica can return as the 'good' Cylon. I thought I had it all figured out, but now how could they ever trust ANY boomer/Cylon?

It's a good show 'cause it keeps you guessing. Just hope it all makes some kind of plausible sense in the end... :blink:

I'm thinking that the Cylons being so uber-religious are following the propecies and perhaps that is why they sacrificed a basestar, because it was propecised? Just a wild gess I pulled outta my ass. :ph34r:

Oh, and I think some X-wings(particularly Luke's) are supposed to have shorter engines on the bottom. ;)

Maybe it was Boomer's cry for help... she couldn't actually say she was a Cylon, but if she could use a threatening act as part of her "mission" to signal that they couldn't trust her then her Cylon programming would allow her to tip off the others that she was a danger to them. :unsure:

Galactica Boomer = One seriously frakked up chick.

Caprica Boomer = One seriously knocked up chick.

Plethora of naked Boomers = Heaven on Earth

:lol:

Edited by Gaijin