BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I'm surprised that with the success of the mini-series and season one of the new BSG, that none of the US toy or model companies have picked up the license to release toys or models of the MKII & MKVII Viper & Cylon Raider.

I bet these would sell like hot cakes with the fans. I'd certainly buy multiples if decent looking toys were released.

Graham

I'm surprised that with the success of the mini-series and season one of the new BSG, that none of the US toy or model companies have picked up the license to release toys or models of the MKII & MKVII Viper & Cylon Raider.

I bet these would sell like hot cakes with the fans. I'd certainly buy multiples if decent looking toys were released.

Graham

I am also suprised...but it's been quick.....I suspect we will see something by Christmas

Graham

Graham,

I am sure that it is just a matter of time before someone picks up the license. Though I do suspect that the sales figures for the original series toys might have some affect on it. Does anyone have any info on how they are selling, anecdotal or statistical?

Neil

Graham

Graham,

I am sure that it is just a matter of time before someone picks up the license. Though I do suspect that the sales figures for the original series toys might have some affect on it. Does anyone have any info on how they are selling, anecdotal or statistical?

Neil

In my own experience (i.e. this is not statistical at all!!) I still can find the Joyride raider and cylon in a couple of comics shops in the Boston area (which, BTW, is full of geeks -as myself ;) - and nerds so sales for this kind of stuff should be hot) The raider is more rare but the cylon soldier is everywhere.

The Viper disappeared from the stores in the first weeks after the release.

I wonder if Joyride catch the idea: we want more spaceships and not characters' figures! The new version of the Viper (blue squadron) that AFAIK was not in the original release list (the battle damaged viper was there from the start) seems to reflect the good sales of the Viper toy.

I'm afraid to see a decline in BSG merchandise sales with the new figures coming this month. I don't really want those figures at all! Why not a small size BSG toy (they could make the entire fleet of BSs. Pegasus, Atlantia, etc. with different levels of damage and so), the Cylon base would also be very welcomed as well as the shuttles. And I think those ships would be much easier to produce than human or cylon figures.

Gah.....level 6 in the BSG game, the Cataract Galactica gunnery level is tough. Tried to get through it maybe a dozen times last night, but the Galactica kept getting blown apart each time by the missiles from the Basestar, which seemed impossible to shoot down.

And just how in hell are you supposed to blow up the dozens (hundreds?) of attacking Raiders & Mauraders using those puny gun turrets? Those turrets fire only a single missile and you can't even adjust the missile's power, blast radius ect. And the guns themselves while they look visually impressive don't seem to be as powerful as a Viper's guns.

I don't understand why the Galactica just doesn't launch Vipers to take out the Cylons? If Raiders can fly in the Cataract witout harm, why not Vipers?

Relying on one man who has to switch between 4 turrets to defend the whole Galactica is a bit silly if you ask me. What are all the other pilots doing, sitting on their thumbs?

Graham

Thanks for the warning Graham i was about to crank the game back up in my Xbox this weekend. Any other trouble spots to look out for?

Cobywan

I checked and couldnt find anything so ill ask it. Are you making the MINIG for yourself or do you plan on making some copies? I would be very interested in one.

Edited by HWR MKII

That level wasn't too bad...the only one that gave me trouble really was the Cobra bomber level.

Just blast the recon probes with missiles and when the light tankers appear, blast them when they are away from the Galactica as if you hit them too close, they drop their fuel pods which does major damage to the Galactica, and is what usually causes you to lose the level. After that, just concentrate on the Marauders with fully charged missiles and the level will end.

In the first level with the lamprey assault boats i cant keep from killing whats his name when he is running away. What did you guys do to keep from killing him? I have tried everything from lasers to extremely low powered missiles and have gotten nothing but him blowing up and the level needing to be repeated. I hate the knock out but dont kill levels in games like this.

In the first level with the lamprey assault boats i cant keep from killing whats his name when he is running away. What did you guys do to keep from killing him? I have tried everything from lasers to extremely low powered missiles and have gotten nothing but him blowing up and the level needing to be repeated. I hate the knock out but dont kill levels in games like this.

I just used the lasers, in short bursts. The first time I played, I forgot and let loose with missiles.

Feeling quite pleased with myself as last night I managed to get through both level 6 (gunnery level) and level 7 (Raider level).

For the level 6, Galactica gunnery stage, I used mostly the front turret and fired mainly missiles to take down the Cylons rather than the guns. Oh, I still used guns, just not as much. The day before when I was stuck on this level, I'd been trying to clear it using mainly guns, with just the occasional missile fired and this just doesn't work.

In level 7, where you get to pliot a Cylon Raider, I actually found the formation flying pretty easy. However, the mission took me over an hour to complete as there are so many Raiders to kill and lots of stuff on the Communication Tower to destroy. Lots of time is taken dodging enemy fire to let your hull and energy recharge.

Graham

Wonder when the season 2 BSG DVD set will be released? December or maybe next January?

BSG doesn't get shown on the crappy TV here and I'm not really into downloading, so I guess I've just got to be patient and wait :( .

I think I'm looking forward to watching season 2 of BSG more than I am seeing SW ep 3.

Graham

Wonder when the season 2 BSG DVD set will be released? December or maybe next January?

BSG doesn't get shown on the crappy TV here and I'm not really into downloading, so I guess I've just got to be patient and wait :( .

I think I'm looking forward to watching season 2 of BSG more than I am seeing SW ep 3.

Graham

yeah... Sci-Fi just isn't big in our side of the world... I miss SG-1, grr....

Although for some odd reason Farscape is on from time to time <_<

Graham

That sucks Graham...check your PM. :)

Edited by Gaijin

Anybody got any tips for destroying the ice chunks in level 8? Can't seem to destroy them quickly enough to stop them from destroying the Galactica.

Graham

I can't completely remember what I did, I think it's just rapid firing and use an occasional missle. I think I boosted pretty far ahead to by a little more time.

Chris

Graham

Season 2!!! The U.S. doesn't even have a release date for season 1 yet!!! We may "normally' get to see the episodes first but we tend to get the shaft in DVD release times. :angry: Hell, we just got the Mini on DVD in January!!

Chris

I also agree, MORE ships less figures! :)

Anybody got any tips for destroying the ice chunks in level 8? Can't seem to destroy them quickly enough to stop them from destroying the Galactica.

Graham

I can't completely remember what I did, I think it's just rapid firing and use an occasional missle. I think I boosted pretty far ahead to by a little more time.

Chris

I can't remember what I did in that level either, because I went through it only once.

Got to where I can get past the ice chunks, take out the overhaul and some of the Raiders, but then the Maruders show up and destroy the Galactica before I can waste them all.

Does having wingmen make a big difference in how easy it is to get through the levels?

My 3 wingmen died off really early, so I'm just wondering if I should completely restart the game from scratch and make more effort to keep them alive.

Graham

Got to where I can get past the ice chunks, take out the overhaul and some of the Raiders, but then the Maruders show up and destroy the Galactica before I can waste them all.

Does having wingmen make a big difference in how easy it is to get through the levels?

My 3 wingmen died off really early, so I'm just wondering if I should completely restart the game from scratch and make more effort to keep them alive.

Graham

I had my wingmen up until after the Bomber level...It does help, but I don't know if I'd start from scratch to keep them...

Graham

For some reason the game is beginning to sound like a TIE Fighter-esque one man against the entire enemy fleet <_<

Granted I loved going mano y mano against Mon Cals in a TIE Defender, but still... that's no way to run a battle! :p

For some reason the game is beginning to sound like a TIE Fighter-esque one man against the entire enemy fleet <_<

There's always 3 other pilots called 'Iphi', 'Cain' & 'Paulus' aiding you in battle (except for the Galactica gun turret levels) and you can have up to 3 wingmen as well, that you can give simple instructions to.

Graham

I just heard katee Sackhoff's Telephone interview from a show a couple weeks back...it was very interesting, especially after hearing what she had to say about how Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict treated her. Hatch...cool!! Dirk...not.

She said Dirk was so hostile towards them he pissed her off...and she said she'd do all his old roles in remakes just to spite him. Katee Sackhoff as Face in the A-Team movie! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Gaijin