BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Seems like that the orange or red issue is more a filming effect thing than a real thing if the stripes on that model is not something unique. In the DVD the stripes looks definitely orange-red.

I would tend to agree....but I know how important it can be for the ship to be "like you remember it" ;)

Memories!! My first Viper was made from a piece of carved wood fuselage (from a wooden cloth hook), wood plank for the wings, wood square sticks for the engines and a spare 1/72 Hasegawa Ki-44 canopy. I paint it white with red stripes!! It was no more than 10 cm long. I was dying for a Raider but I couldn't make the right shape... I was 10 or 11 years old... then I was a happy modeler nowadays sometimes I'm so into details that I cannot enjoy the hobby...

Seems like that the orange or red issue is more a filming effect thing than a real thing if the stripes on that model is not something unique. In the DVD the stripes looks definitely orange-red.

I would tend to agree....but I know how important it can be for the ship to be "like you remember it" ;)

Memories!! ... then I was a happy modeler nowadays sometimes I'm so into details that I cannot enjoy the hobby...

Man.....that speaks volumes! I totally know where you are comming from.

Chris

Memories!! My first Viper was made from a piece of carved wood fuselage (from a wooden cloth hook), wood plank for the wings, wood square sticks for the engines and a spare 1/72 Hasegawa Ki-44 canopy. I paint it white with red stripes!! It was no more than 10 cm long. I was dying for a Raider but I couldn't make the right shape... I was 10 or 11 years old... then I was a happy modeler nowadays sometimes I'm so into details that I cannot enjoy the hobby...

I used to make Cylon Raiders out of paper plates. Just glue two of them together, and grab the crayons. :lol:

This is a filming model...without it (and notice how red the stripes look! )

bsg-viper-008.jpg

I watched 4 episodes of the original series on DVD over the weekend. Gotta say the stripes on the Vipers definitely look more orange than red on my TV.

Wow, that filming model actually looks suprisingly badly painted. The little Konami trading figure actually looks much better IMO :lol: .

Graham

Hey, thanks for the heads-up, Big G! You think these 2 will be a lot better than the ones we got, I mean in terms of QC? I really hope JOYRIDE's not gonna come out with a whole new set of vipers with loose and rattling right wings ;) . But I gotta admit, they look good! Specially that "Silver Spar" version :D !

I will buy the new Vipers too!! Don't know why but I will do it!! Yes, their marketing thing works with me: lighter grey!!! :p

As for the Cylon Raiders made from paper plates: excellent idea Greyrayder...sad thing we had no internet in the early 80s... :lol: Seriously: I was mad about the raider at that time, I collected every stupid merchandise related to BSG from pepsi bottle caps, to trading cards (all gone by know..) etc. only to figure out the proper shape and details of the raiders.

Wow Coby! Looks great!!! Been following at the RPF. Are you gonna make larger versions for sale?

As for Galactica news, this was posted at Galactica.tv:

While gateworld.com did not know for sure whether BSG would also premiere on July 15, SCI FI has just recently announced on their Galactica board that Season 2 of the reimaged series will indeed premiere on July 15 as well at 10 p.m. EST.

All the BSG cast members will be back, including Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber. James Callis and Katee Sackhoff. In addition, two new Cylon models will be featured in the second season, with the actors as yet to be disclosed by SCI FI. Stay tuned for more BSG developments.

Chris

The new Cylons might be Billy and Gaeta.

I was thinking Gaeta might be a Cylon. It's kind of convenient, I mean if the Cylons guided the fleet to Kobol he would be the one to do it. And if you watch the season finale, right at the end where he shakes the hand of the asian chic the camera zooms in as if he gave her something. Maybe he handed her the gun :o Who knows, all I know is we have to wait until July and July is still a long ways off.

Just got my BSG PS2 game yesterday from EB Games. I'm really pissed off with them as the b*stards charged me $19 for the game, which is a good price, but $35 for shipping! :angry::angry::angry: .

That is absolutely the last time ever I will order anything from them, if they are going to charge so crazy prices for shipping. I just wish Amazon would ship games overseas....sigh <_<

Anyway, pretty cool game so far, although I've only had a chance to try mission one. I just wish there were some training missions. As it is, they just throw you in at the deep end in the middle of a big battle. Oh well, nothing like the 'sink or swim' approach I suppose.

Graham

Hey! I want to try that game... do you get to be inside the cockpit looking out (1st person view) - all the screen shots I see you are outside, seeing yourself (3rd person view)

Secondly, does it work with the Joystick/Throttle combination from Ace Combat 4?

Thanks,

Wm

Just got my BSG PS2 game yesterday from EB Games. I'm really pissed off with them as the b*stards charged me $19 for the game, which is a good price, but $35 for shipping! :angry::angry::angry: .

That is absolutely the last time ever I will order anything from them, if they are going to charge so crazy prices for shipping. I just wish Amazon would ship games overseas....sigh <_<

Anyway, pretty cool game so far, although I've only had a chance to try mission one. I just wish there were some training missions. As it is, they just throw you in at the deep end in the middle of a big battle. Oh well, nothing like the 'sink or swim' approach I suppose.

Graham

Not unlike the way they trained pilots in the New Series...

Hey! I want to try that game... do you get to be inside the cockpit looking out (1st person view) - all the screen shots I see you are outside, seeing yourself (3rd person view)

Secondly, does it work with the Joystick/Throttle combination from Ace Combat 4?

Thanks,

Wm

Yep, you have both 1st and 3rd person views to choose from.

No idea whether it works with the Joystick though, as I don't own one.

I'm really enjoying this game so far. Most reviews I read made it sound rather bad, but I'm having a great time. I guess if you enjoy games like Ace Combat or AFDS, you will like this game.

My only gripe so far, is that the radar display is so small as to be next to useless. I just end up using the targetting cursor to find things and never even bother looking at the radar display.

Graham

I also really liked this game. My only gripes about it where the Cylon Raider level...too much formation flying! If you have to play it multiple times it's a real drag! and I found the Galactica gunnery levels and the bomber level to be a bit hard! No real problems with the first level though.

Graham, wait till you get to the level that starts off as a First person Viper launch!! It's sweet!!!

Very nice kit. If I had any modelling skills what so ever, I would be all over it. I can't wait to see it built.

Hopefully you'll take some pics of it once it's finished side by side with your TOS BSG Viper.

Graham

I also really liked this game. My only gripes about it where the Cylon Raider level...too much formation flying! If you have to play it multiple times it's a real drag! and I found the Galactica gunnery levels and the bomber level to be a bit hard! No real problems with the first level though.

Graham, wait till you get to the level that starts off as a First person Viper launch!! It's sweet!!!

Actually, once I got over the learning curve and got the controls figured out, I haven't found the game to be that difficult. I'm playing on 'Normal' though, not 'Expert'.

I'm just on the first Galactica Gunnery level now.

Graham

You didnt tell me the MKII was available as a kit somewhere in the world why jesse? <_< You know i have been wanting to make one of those as well as the OS version. :D

It was mentioned a few pages ago in this thread.

Graham