BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Man...wish I could watch this show, although I was among "the haters" who initially had many doubts when it first miniseries'd.

This (Adama & Tigh) sounds like the backstory history between James Morrison's & Tucker Smallwood's characters in S:A&B! B))

Long live S:A&B!!!

The writing is trying to sell the threat of a Cylon being amongst them as a much stronger threat than being chased by them and fighting them off in their fighter ships.

Unfortunately, that's been done before and implemented better IMO.

Now that Baltar has made it in politics / power, I wonder if we're going to see him turn into an actual traitor like the original Baltar instead of just the dupe/stooge he has been so far.

It seems apparent that the Cylons have an agenda in allowed the fleet to escape so they can foster the environment they're looking to create... as well as keep potential breeding stock, or whatever else that entails. And then there's the "it's happened before... and it will happen again..." schtick that blondie was telling Baltar.

The writing is trying to sell the threat of a Cylon being amongst them as a much stronger threat than being chased by them and fighting them off in their fighter ships.

I hope you don't mean TOS in that regard. Because there was no fear in that show.

Personally I think it is the mix of politics and drama that makes this the best sci-fi TV series experience since DS9. I'm sorry people, non stop space action gets tired after a while. The politics of BSG adds a tension and depth that is lacking in most sci-fi shows.

GobotFool Posted on Mar 19 2005, 06:51 PM

Personally I think it is the mix of politics and drama that makes this the best sci-fi TV series experience since DS9. I'm sorry people, non stop space action gets tired after a while. The politics of BSG adds a tension and depth that is lacking in most sci-fi shows. 

I totally agree. The space action in BSG is great, but a good series must have more than this to keep it's viewers from getting bored.

Edited by connor99

GobotFool Posted on Mar 19 2005, 06:51 PM

I totally agree. The space action in BSG is great, but a good series must have more than this to keep it's viewers from getting bored.

Oh don't get me wrong all, I love the space battles, once again they are some of the best I have seen since DS9. But BSG has the recipee right, a maincourse helping of plot, drama and politics, with action mixed in as a tasty sideorder.

How come you cant see any repair droids in the Vipers, didnt luke have an R2 unit when he flew his, or did the cylon base ships revoke command droids from participating in combat roles, sry i dont know much about sci-fi.

Dude lay off the sauce lol, don't know where you got those two mixed up but the only relation Galatica and Starwars had in common was space battles in fighter planes against an evil fleet of menacing evil guys......yeah. :blink:

but that's still really funny ><

I was just making a funny :D but i am curios as to what fly's the cyclon ships, is it organic or what?

How come you cant see any repair droids in the Vipers, didnt luke have an R2 unit when he flew his, or did the cylon base ships revoke command droids from participating in combat roles, sry i dont know much about sci-fi.

Dude lay off the sauce lol, don't know where you got those two mixed up but the only relation Galatica and Starwars had in common was space battles in fighter planes against an evil fleet of menacing evil guys......yeah. :blink:

but that's still really funny ><

I was just making a funny :D but i am curios as to what fly's the cyclon ships, is it organic or what?

It's a little hamster that runs around in a wheel inside the Raider's main body. Every time the wheel makes one full revolution, the red light slides side-to-side on the "face" of the Raider.

Since I had downloaded the series over the last few days I already saw the last 2 episodes and I must say it was REALLY good and shockingly distrubing. I'm sure those who havent seen those last 2 episodes will agree once they have seen them.

I wanna see more shite getting blowed up. And for the love of the Gods, get rid of that blonde Cylon. She is such a gimmick (and an unattractive one at that), its beyond distracting, its plain annoying. We know what all the Cylons look like, the suspense is over! Bring on the Pegasus!

Actually, there are 12 modles and we've only seen 4 so far. I don't mind number six that much kinda like when she shows up in his head....what annoys me is the damn music EVERY TIME she shows up, and I like the music in the show too! It's just that peice is a little over used. If anyone has seen the most recent TV Guide they have a few spoilers in the article about BSG, one written and one in a picture. The picture one is worse for me, I was like WHAT THE F**K!!!!!

BEWARE!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Actually, there are 12 modles and we've only seen 4 so far. I don't mind number six that much kinda like when she shows up in his head....what annoys me is the damn music EVERY TIME she shows up, and I like the music in the show too! It's just that peice is a little over used. If anyone has seen the most recent TV Guide they have a few spoilers in the article about BSG, one written and one in a picture. The picture one is worse for me, I was like WHAT THE F**K!!!!!

BEWARE!

Chris

I avoided the article just for that.

I hope you don't mean TOS in that regard. Because there was no fear in that show.

That my same thought, Gaijin. In TOS, sure, there was a little fear when they ame face to face with the Cylons, but they never had that non-stop fear, like they do in this new series.

Yeah, it's been done before, but that doesn't necessarily make it any less enjoyable.

I also totally agree with this. Space action is great, but it's only dynamic of a greater story. Without the drama and the politics, the show would be very dry and narrow. The tension that the drama has built onboard the fleet, with the added distrust, makes for great storytelling.

Wow, last night was pretty damn good. Roslin is becoming quite the bulldog in her job...kudos! And I loved Starbuck's what we do with traitors line with the wink!

And Helo: what can I say..."Run, Helo, Run!!" :lol:

Yeah, I was yelling at the TV: "Run, Forrest, Run!" :lol: Talk about startling revelations. :rolleyes:

We also see Tigh's wife has an agenda as well. She shoulda been thrown out of the airlock.

I was rather dissapointed in the new Baltar until this last episode. It's almost as if they split the old Baltar in half and made the new Baltar out of his weasely half and Tom Zerick out of the evil, conniving half.

I hate Tighs wife....please...turn her into a cylon and exit stage left!

Yeah, it's people like her....and that fat Sagitaron from the last episode, that make you understand why the Cylons want to wipe out humanity! ;)

Chris

I'm done with Helo, too. He's obviously dead meat, the Galactica is long gone. Kill him off and be done with it.

OR

The Pegasus comes in and kicks major ass, rescues his sorry self, and roars off towards the Galatica.

I'm done with Helo, too. He's obviously dead meat, the Galactica is long gone. Kill him off and be done with it.

OR

The Pegasus comes in and kicks major ass, rescues his sorry self, and roars off towards the Galatica.

Only if Dirk Benedict plays commander Kane. :p

OR

OR

He realizes how fine Boomer is and who cares if she's a cylon.

They then 'jack a ship and she zeroes-in on....um..herself :huh: .

The Galactica sees 2 Boomers - there's a lot more :huh: - Baltar gets a chub (as well as the rest of the crew) - and then there's a whole lotta lovin'.

See? Simple, just plain simple! :ph34r:

Edited by GRAND CANNON

I was rather dissapointed in the new Baltar until this last episode. It's almost as if they split the old Baltar in half and made the new Baltar out of his weasely half and Tom Zerick out of the evil, conniving half.

I wonder if Baltar will become like the old one, all twisted and evil after Six "grooms" hm enough. I have to say though, James Callis' performance of him is so frickin' funny at times...it's great!

I wonder if Baltar will become like the old one, all twisted and evil after Six "grooms" hm enough. I have to say though, James Callis' performance of him is so frickin' funny at times...it's great!

Now that I think about it, it may be a distinct possibility. The old Baltar was obsessed with political power and the new Baltar has recently dicovered his afinity(sp?) for politics as well. I hope he gets his own basestar. I hope they bring back Lucifer as well. That'd rock.

I hate Tighs wife....please...turn her into a cylon and exit stage left!

Amen! She serves no purpose, that I can see. She strikes me as a throwback to shows of the 90s, where they alwasy had to have some character who's only function was to raise the blood pressure of the people watching.

Can we please shove her in a missle tube, and launch her already!?

I dont find Grace(Boomer), whatever her name is as being good looking...she is skinnier than a bean pole.

Also if you watched the last episode, it showed Helo running away from Boomer because he realised that she must be a cylong or something.

Twich

That is a possibility...that or he will wind up going completely nuts. It has been interesting watching Six push him to the edge and them pull him back time and again. I wonder if Six has her own agenda when it comes to Baltar, or if he actually figures into the overall Cylon plan? I also wonder if even Six can control him now that he is in a position of power...I wouldn't be suprised to see him start pushing his own agenda.

Also, if the show could keep only one Boomer who would you want it to be? Galactica Boomer (the cylon sleeper, who suspects but doesn't know what she is) or Caprica Boomer (who is aware that she is a Cylon, is apparently in love with Helo, and may even be pregnant?)

Also, if the show could keep only one Boomer who would you want it to be? Galactica Boomer (the cylon sleeper, who suspects but doesn't know what she is) or Caprica Boomer (who is aware that she is a Cylon, is apparently in love with Helo, and may even be pregnant?)

I don't know... either Boomers have so much baggage... isnt there a place where I can get one MISB? ;):p:lol:

Also, if the show could keep only one Boomer who would you want it to be?  Galactica Boomer (the cylon sleeper, who suspects but doesn't know what she is) or Caprica Boomer (who is aware that she is a Cylon, is apparently in love with Helo, and may even be pregnant?)

I don't know... either Boomers have so much baggage... isnt there a place where I can get one MISB? ;):p:lol:

Yeah, but shipping from the Cylon homeworld is way too expensive. Yamato designed thier boxes. :lol::lol::lol:

Do any of you have the Colonial Viper & Cylon Raider toys by Joyride Studios?

I was thinking of ordering them online and wondered if they were any good.

Graham

While I can't speak for those specific toys, I can say that joyride makes decent quality stuff. I have their Mechwarrior toys and they are fairly nice, if not a little light on the mold and paint detail.

Also, if the show could keep only one Boomer who would you want it to be?  Galactica Boomer (the cylon sleeper, who suspects but doesn't know what she is) or Caprica Boomer (who is aware that she is a Cylon, is apparently in love with Helo, and may even be pregnant?)

I think I would have to do an extensive Boomer analysis. 6 to 9 months with several Boomers in seclusion before I could decide which one to keep. It's only fair. :rolleyes:;)

There is something I have been thinking about ever since the airing of the episode "Six Degrees Of Seperation" that might pertain to all of the Cylons. Was it Baltar's Six or another copy that we saw? If it was Baltar's six, how did she spring from his mind fully formed? Could she have projected her consciousness into all of the crew members? That would not explain the items Adama found in his office though....

If it was a copy, then I suppose she could be hiding within the fleet. But how would a copy know so much about Baltar? For that matter, how did Caprica Boomer know so much about Helo? Do the Cylons share some form of ESP? We have already heard mention that when one is killed, the memories are transferred to another copy. But would all the copies share the feelings and sensations that one of their kind is feeling at the exact moment one of their "others" is experiencing it?

Speaking of this transference (and possible sharing) of memories brings up two more questions. Can a Cylon only trasmit memories to another Cylon? The fact that Baltar's Six seems to exist in his head after apparently being destroyed on Caprica seems to argue that assumption. Also, you have to wonder if there has to be relatively close conduct for the transfer. The Cylon that was flushed out of Galactica's airlock seemed to be worried that his "soul" wouldn't make it to the Gods, which I am thinking actually means he believed his memories would not be transferred to another copy. So maybe there was not a Cylon close enough for the transfer. But why wouldn't he be able to pull Six's trick and transfer to a human?

Thoughts on any of this? :unsure: